American Diablo FAQ's

  • Thread starter Thread starter toyomatt84
  • 17 comments
  • 967 views
Messages
7,965
Welcome to the FAQ for adapting the Nomad Diablo to the American Version of GT3!

Ask any questions of the Nomad Diablo here!
:D 👍 💡 :dunce: :bowdown: :dopey: :yuck:
 
I have a question, myself!
What would happen if I used a different car for a base to turn into the Diablo?
I used the C5R and have 898 hp without an oil change. It handles fair and isn't exactly what I expected from an MR V12 Italian beast.
 
As far as I can tell, the Diablo is always the same no matter what donor car you use. Unlike with the Porsche and two Lancia Stratos's, the Diablo seems to be just like all the "normal" cars once you get it. You can upgrade AFTER and do stuff like change the gearing and even sell/trade for it. Its almost like the Lamborghini was pulled at the very last minute, while the other cars were never intended to be accessed. One of my best friends designs video games (football at the moment) and he told me the the inside scoop as far as stuff like that. When unlicensed/unapproved aspects of a game are accessed via the "left right left right down x up" routine or through another program, the company claims they were "for test purposes only, we don't know how anyone figured out how to get them".
 
Wow, thanks for that tip. I imagine that someone on the inside is leaking information on how to achieve certain items in the game. It could be a very profitable organization.
 
Polyphony Digital has the license for JGTC. They put in the Diablo because it races in the JGTC. The first 2-3 weeks after it was released in Asia, Lamborghini demanded them to get rid of the Diablo because PD didnt have the Lambo license, even though theres a Diablo in JGTC. You know what I mean? So PD pulled GT3 off the shelves and quickly made new copies without the Diablo. So, there are people in Asia with a legitimate copy of GT3 with a Diablo in it.

In fact, I've seen a screen shot of the Italian Avante Garde Race poster from a Japanese version of the game. And instead of that picture having a Zonda on the right, and a Zonda Race Car on the left. It had the Zonda Race Car on the left and the Diablo JGTC on the right.


I have no idea why they scratched the Stratos'. They obviously have the Lancia License, but the Stratos was basically a Ferrari with the Lancia name because Ferrari didnt want to have a Ferrari lose when they entered rallying in the 70's with the Stratos. In my game, the Stratos tires bounce up through the hood, and it could be that they couldnt solve this problem so they scratched it, because the tires do come pretty far out of the hood with even the littlest bumps.

As for the 911 GT3. I am sure one of the programmers couldnt resist quickly making the 911 out of the already modeled Ruf RGT.

The Skyline R34 M-Spec is also kind of a mystery. It might be because the number of Skylines in the game was getting pretty ridiculous, so they scratched it. But then why wouldnt they scratch like an R34 V Spec or V-Spec II?

I can imagine why they scratched the Miata with the roll bar. They couldnt make a realistic driver for it. But ive never driven it, so I dont know if the top is down when you race?!
 
I have some questions...

Like how do you get the diablo?

Im guessing I need some sort of game engineering device?!

Well I also want to comment on the miata with the roll bar and the top being up or down... Im thinking they didnt run into that sort of problem because the beautiful cobra convertible has its top up everytime I drive it... so funk that.

I want the cobra to be just as in the picture.

I also want to know about the drivers helmets in the f1 cars...

Do they ever change?

But first I want everyone to address my question about the diablo.
 
Go and buy something called a Sharkport, or an Xport. Once you have this, you can make Hybrids, get the Porsche 911, Diablo, Stratos, Skyline M-SPec etc.

Just get a Sharkport, it cost me $40 CDN, so thats $27 USD
 
Hello...

I'm have rebuild the Diablo for my Pal Game .
But with MK's programm, the transmission is wrong .
The Car drive backward :irked:

I'm have change the gearing-graduation by my self. (In my discretion)
The Car drive now to the right way.

But I'm would like to use the original gearing-graduation !

Can anyone say me the original Transmission Setup for the Gears ?

Thanks



So long
Werner



.
 
Originally posted by Werner Winkels
Hello...

I'm have rebuild the Diablo for my Pal Game .
But with MK's programm, the transmission is wrong .
The Car drive backward :irked:

I'm have change the gearing-graduation by my self. (In my discretion)
The Car drive now to the right way.

But I'm would like to use the original gearing-graduation !

Can anyone say me the original Transmission Setup for the Gears ?

Thanks



So long
Werner



.

There may not even be an original gear setting for the Diablo.

Just slap on the Altezza LM tranny on the Diablo and you can set the gears in a reasonable manner. I wouldnt think the gear ratios on the Diablo would be much different than the other JGTC's. I think they all come with the same gear ratios. After all, they change the gear ratios for every race track, so it doesnt really matter.
 
You NTSC Gamers have the same problem :(

I'm use the Gear-Settings from the Ruf RGT .
This settings are OK , but not original stock :banghead:

I'm think we must ask in Hong Kong :lol:
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic

In fact, I've seen a screen shot of the Italian Avante Garde Race poster from a Japanese version of the game. And instead of that picture having a Zonda on the right, and a Zonda Race Car on the left. It had the Zonda Race Car on the left and the Diablo JGTC on the right.

Two Diablos,two Zondas:

gt3_89.jpg
 
Wow, I never knew that! I bought a 1st gen Japanese PS2 w/GT3, from my Okinawan friend and the first thing I noticed was that I thought I saw a Diablo in the intro but I thought I was going crazy so I never tried to win it. I'm gonna go play it now to see if I can get seven gears with it.
 
I don't think there are 7 gears in the game..
 
Here's a photo of the Diablo taken during the 2000 JGTC season:


file.aspx



They did an excellent job of re-creating it in GT3.
 
Originally posted by 12sec. Civic
Polyphony Digital has the license for JGTC. They put in the Diablo because it races in the JGTC. The first 2-3 weeks after it was released in Asia, Lamborghini demanded them to get rid of the Diablo because PD didnt have the Lambo license, even though theres a Diablo in JGTC. You know what I mean? So PD pulled GT3 off the shelves and quickly made new copies without the Diablo. So, there are people in Asia with a legitimate copy of GT3 with a Diablo in it.

In fact, I've seen a screen shot of the Italian Avante Garde Race poster from a Japanese version of the game. And instead of that picture having a Zonda on the right, and a Zonda Race Car on the left. It had the Zonda Race Car on the left and the Diablo JGTC on the right.


I have no idea why they scratched the Stratos'. They obviously have the Lancia License, but the Stratos was basically a Ferrari with the Lancia name because Ferrari didnt want to have a Ferrari lose when they entered rallying in the 70's with the Stratos. In my game, the Stratos tires bounce up through the hood, and it could be that they couldnt solve this problem so they scratched it, because the tires do come pretty far out of the hood with even the littlest bumps.

As for the 911 GT3. I am sure one of the programmers couldnt resist quickly making the 911 out of the already modeled Ruf RGT.

The Skyline R34 M-Spec is also kind of a mystery. It might be because the number of Skylines in the game was getting pretty ridiculous, so they scratched it. But then why wouldnt they scratch like an R34 V Spec or V-Spec II?

I can imagine why they scratched the Miata with the roll bar. They couldnt make a realistic driver for it. But ive never driven it, so I dont know if the top is down when you race?!

Well you are right about the diablo thing, although they haven't removed it from the Japanese versions at all. For the US version they got lazy and just decided to take it out of the main game, so it was still accessible. But by the time they got around to making the PAL version they actually deleted the car models from the disc.

Now the stratos is in GT2 as well and they even mentioned that the car had a ferrari v6 in the car description. So that isn't the reason, although I think maybe that was one of the last models in the game and that they didn't have time to finish it, thats why the wheels go through the arches.

Now, I have only juet realised this, but most people have already driven the M-Spec skyline, probably without even realising. You drive the M-Spec on one of the licence tests (IA I think) it's on the test where you have to traverse the hills on complex string. I realised this because the car was the same horrible brown silica colour as my M-Spec on my old save, which none of the buyable, or winable R34 skyline's come in. Also if you look closely at the car on the chase view you can see that it says M-Spec on the bottom right side of the car.

I still got to drive all these cars with full body and everything, by using a Japanese copy of GTConcept 2001, so they still havent removed the bodys from that either.
 
Back