• Road Course's

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Ovals

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Or stay the same

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually tried testing my road course setup and ran a good lap on lap 1, but could not avoid hitting anything or spinning out afterwards. I can work on my tune a bit, but I think part of it is the driver, and the fact that the banking is so much makes it harder to control.

I'm thinking ***cough, cough***that I might ***cough, cough***call in ***cough, cough*** sick tonight. Mebbe get together and try out some different stuff? Lemme know...

UPDATE
The Season 2 car will be regulated to 611HP. With no supercharger. Im also thinking making Aero full Required. Tires still testing but front runner is Racing Hard but haven't tested either speedway yet.

Last edited:
I love the idea of no supercharger...isn't it 614hp though? Also with almost no testing, I am in huge favor of running the racing hard tires. The RM and RS tires are so sticky I just don't think they give a realistic feel. I am hoping to be on tonight if anyone wants to practice and test on any track configuration.

Ya if you take the supercharger off its 614 but hp limiting in the room will only go to 611 or 621. Im going to try to be on to night. I am liking the hard tires so far.

Last edited:
I tried testing at High Speed Ring. I just don't have a set up for that at this time, but struggled like crazy with one or two of those banked turns. Decided to see how Indy Speedway was. I ran the 611hp, RH tires. I had a very close set up to my earlier win at that track (not the crazy set up that was 3 tenths faster, but chewed tires in 7 laps). I liked how the car felt, a little more movement. No need to lift which I was a little disappointed in, was hoping for a bit of lift to make it more driver oriented. I did chew through the right rear though by lap 18. I think that little extra movement caused by the less sticky tire resulted in faster wear than on a softer tire. I think I can get to a lap 20 or so though with a little adjustment to my height and maybe adding some downforce to help stabilize in the turns. I really like the 611 hp though. I think we really need to do some group testing at the speedways to see how the draft will affect tire wear.

EDIT:
Oh, just as reference, ran very low 49s comfortably, had a couple just break into the 48s. I am pretty sure I will run 2 cars next season, one for the speedways, one for road courses. I have more mixed emotions about the HS Ring then ever before. Again, I didn't do any tuning specifically for that track, but to me it doesn't drive like a road course or a speedway.

EDIT 2:
Ace and I ran 25 laps at Daytona with the 611 and RH tires. I liked it better. Tire wear was not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were we planning on doing some sort of test race tonight, because I would absolutely be up for it.

I'm going to be bringing the back the mainstream IROC in 2011 guys, looks like your having fun with this one as well!

Good to have you for next season witch will start some time in January after the holidays. But we are going to have some races during the off season so stay tuned.

Ace, Greest, and I just ran at Indy. I can run about 30 laps now that I tweaked my tune (max downforce is a must for tires). I really really like the no supercharger, especially in the draft. We did a 14 lap race tonight, coming off turn 4 I got a perfect run on Greest and beat him to the line by .007 seconds. The draft does not seem as strong or over exaggerated as before.

Assignment #2
1. Laguna Seca
2. 611hp
3. Weight 1240
4. full downforce
5. Hard Tires

Thanks for all the input and work guys. I hope to be on tonight.

Last edited:
IROC Season 2 Car Regulations
Car 2010 Chevy Camaro RM
Nascar Style Wheels (PDI P525N) Required
Racing Hard Tires Required
Cars are to be fully optioned out except No Superchargers
HP Limit is 611 HP
Weight 1240 Min
PP 630 At Indy and Road courses and 607 at Daytona Speedway
Full Down force at Indy speedway and the road courses Required
Minimum Down force at Daytona Speedway Required
Any Color Car (If you want to change Car color during the season Just tell me so I can keep up with who’s who)
Any Color Wheels
Any Number (Numbers are first come first server bases)
How does this sound?

Season 2 Schedule, Rules, and Sign up are coming soon.

Last edited:
Can I put in an advance application

PSN: Jahgee1124
Car Color: TBD
Car #: 11

Full Downforce Required

Don't like it. Any particular reason why you'd put in such a rule?

My reason for asking is because aero is a major tuning factor for me, and probably others. I'd be willing to bet that everyone was running zero aero at Daytona. I'd also be willing to bet that everyone was running full aero at Indy. With hard tires and less HP, the potential to run the distance faster with less aero is real at Indy....IMO...

Last edited:
I would like to see that competitors from season1 get to keep their original number unless they are looking to change, then they fit the first come first serve.

I dont have a problem with the downforce rule. It is one way to make it more of a spec series (like IROC), without it being a spec series. The cars are much more stable and better on tires with full downforce (I ran about 12 more laps at Indy with full down force compared to 10-15 less than full). Racing at Daytona may be better this way too. If the cars are a bit more stable on that track, then the racing should be closer with less incidents of cars being all over the place. It may also slow them down just a touch, making the slipstream a little less exaggerated (similar positive effect as I found the no supercharger to be).

Being a little on the OCD side of things, I would be in favor of having the cars look a little more the same. For example, we all pick the same number font, either 1 or 2. I also wouldn't mind seeing the wheels all be the same, either everyone runs black wheels, chrome wheels, white wheels, or body color wheels (my favorite on this car). I would like to not see the color change, chrome, or matte (even though the matte black looked good) paints be used on the body either. Just my 2 cents, I will step off my soap box now.

Racing at Daytona may be better this way too. If the cars are a bit more stable on that track, then the racing should be closer with less incidents of cars being all over the place. It may also slow them down just a touch, making the slipstream a little less exaggerated (similar positive effect as I found the no supercharger to be).
That is what im going for. Its also easer to inspect for people running a super charger when there not suppose to if everyone is running full down force.

As far as the numbers I do want the drivers from last seasons having the same #’s unless they want to change. All the other options are up to the driver color and number wise. I don’t want to have a ton of reg’s to inforce.

Welcome Jahgee1124 glade to have you. You have to pick a diff # because some one else has 11.

Last edited:
Ok check the Car Regulations post again I have changed it so we can run minimum Down force at Daytona.
This is so I can tell if anyone is running a Super charger. The performance points go up or down depending on down force and you can hide that your running a charger by lowering the down force me and Ace found this out the other night. I'm trying to keep it fair for everyone.

Last edited:
How does this sound for a 7 Race Schedule

Per Season
Shoot out at Daytona Speedway 25 laps no points just money

Regular Season
1 Daytona 60 laps
2 Grand Valley east /Rev 40 laps
3 Indy Speedway 40 laps
4 Daytona Speedway 40 laps

All Star Race at Indy Speedway 3 segments 20/20/10 no points just money

5 Indy Speedway 70 laps
6 Indy Road course 35 laps
7 Daytona Speedway 50 laps

I think we should keep max downforce, and that min/max PP at 633 or whatever it worked out to be on every track. It shouldn't matter what track it is for tuning if we are all in the same boat.

Personally, I think 7 races plus the preseason and the all-star is too long to keep peoples attention (especially if one or two start slipping in the points, I think attendance will be low at the end). I would suggest 5 regular, plus the shootout and the all star race. Some of the lap counts look pretty long too. I think 50 laps at Daytona and even 40 at Indy are long enough. Glad to see GVE in there, but what about Laguna...did the cars not test out well there?

rb26x
Trans-Am White

Just checking, CST is central US right? And what night of the week?

Welcome rb26x yes it is US and its on Sunday nights at 8:30 pm CST.

Last edited:
Ok on the Schedule thats why I said how does this sound.:)
How many want to run at Laguna or How many want to run at Indy road course? I would like to keep the Schedule at 7 points races.

Back