American Muscle (Week 5): Citta di Aria (w / Results)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kolyana
  • 86 comments
  • 3,070 views
I'm going out of town this weekend so I have to submit now....but you can't open my time until the Sunday deadline OK?

Fair enough...I really don't want to post my splits because if I do I know you'll find a way to one up me. I did leave about 0.1s out there on the final sector so if I had to I **MIGHT** be able to improve my final time (if I had about 2 more hours to put into this but I also have the HTAS race to run...so I'm done).

In a spirit of friendly competition below are my splits....last time I thought I had ya beat you spanked me at the Nurb by 4s+....maybe you're just playin' with me. I think they refer to somebody who holds back until the stakes are higher a shark? I guess that makes you a tigershark?

T1: 38.195 (-0.195) = still slower than your latest T1
T2: 1'07.155 (-0.349) = faster than Jump! probably only momentarily though
Final: -0.251 = left 0.098 on the track

Now remember no peeking at my final time until the Sunday deadline....or at least until you've made your final run.
 
goixoye
I'm going out of town this weekend so I have to submit now....but you can't open my time until the Sunday deadline OK?

Fair enough...I really don't want to post my splits because if I do I know you'll find a way to one up me. I did leave about 0.1s out there on the final sector so if I had to I **MIGHT** be able to improve my final time (if I had about 2 more hours to put into this but I also have the HTAS race to run...so I'm done).

In a spirit of friendly competition below are my splits....last time I thought I had ya beat you spanked me at the Nurb by 4s+....maybe you're just playin' with me. I think they refer to somebody who holds back until the stakes are higher a shark? I guess that makes you a tigershark?

T1: 38.195 (-0.195) = still slower than your latest T1
T2: 1'07.155 (-0.349) = faster than Jump! probably only momentarily though
Final: -0.251 = left 0.098 on the track

Now remember no peeking at my final time until the Sunday deadline....or at least until you've made your final run.


Goix ... not a problem, I assure you. Send away. I never ... ever ... register the sent in times until AFTER I've 'submitted' my own.

You ran some good splits there, so I'm going to update the board and get you on there; well done 👍

Tiger Shark, eh? hehehehehhehe.
 
Okay so how would all this work, I installed a wing (as of this week) as I decided it was just cooler, not really faster...lol. So does that mean I have to go back and rerace my Nurb run? That is the last thing I want to do right now. Or can I just keep things the way they are? Just curious as I got some new splits to throw up there :) Oh, and AAAHHH!!!!! I love my little Vette, even on this course I am enjoying it more than this weeks wrs. 👍

jump_ace
 
New Splits from me:
38.474 :yuck:
1'07.320 👍

I've been .5 faster at T1, so I can really nail T2 if I work at it (which I plan on doing now). I took .2 or so off at the line, but I think I can make this more like .6, so I'll be driving for a while yet.


@Jump' ... you can only change parts:
1) Once per season
2) If you finish in the lower third of the field on any week.

I believe you've changed your parts once, right? If this is correct, your wing is illegal.
 
Kolyana
New Splits from me:
38.474 :yuck:
1'07.320 👍

I've been .5 faster at T1, so I can really nail T2 if I work at it (which I plan on doing now). I took .2 or so off at the line, but I think I can make this more like .6, so I'll be driving for a while yet.


@Jump' ... you can only change parts:
1) Once per season
2) If you finish in the lower third of the field on any week.

I believe you've changed your parts once, right? If this is correct, your wing is illegal.

Nah, this is my first week with the wing, I just dont want to have to rerace what I have in the drag and Nurb because I now have a wing.

jump_ace
 
I think that your best times for the season long events should count (whether it's from your 1st or 2nd set-up). However lets say you switch and somebody in say a Z28 or a Shelby beats your time and your realize your initial set-up was better for the Nurb and/or Las Vegas. I think you shouldn't be allowed to go back to your initial set-up. Of course the tricky part is what if you finish a weekly event in the lower 3rd and therefore can change your set-up...I guess that set-up change should apply to the Nurb and Las Vegas (if you want it to)?
 
I'm not sure I understand the question here, but the answer may have several parts:

1) You can only change parts ONCE in the season (unless specified according to race ranking). So if you ahve ever changed parts before, not just the wing, adding even more parts now is wrong. The question from me is have you changed ANY parts of this car prior to this week?

2) Where is the cash coming from?
 
New Splits ... I'm freaking happy with these:
T1: 37.666
T2: 1'06.642 👍

I think, if I reeeeeallllyyy nailed it, I could get an extra .4 at the line, but as it is I just gained 1.1 seconds on my previous best, so I really, really freaking nailed that one! whooohoooo. I'd stop, but a little more .... just a little ... would get me level or ahead of bhawk, so I might ... might ... push it a little harder.

Whooohooo.
 
Oh, and as forthe whole nurb thing ... Goix is right ... fastest time for the season, regardless of the car and parts ... is what you 'submit'. But, like Goix' said, you can't change parts unless it's within the rules of the competition.
 
Kolyana
T1: 37.666
T2: 1'06.642 👍
Well now I don't have to wait until I get back on Sunday to know if you beat me. Looks like ya really got the Z dialed in. At least I made ya work a little bit for it. Good work Tigershark 👍 . I'm rootin' for ya for a podium this week.
 
I just noticed the "Twisted Muscle" nick name for this week's event on the leaderboard...I like it.
 
HA! Thanks. There is no guarantee that I have you beat by the way ... one thing this track has taught me is that SECONDS can be lost or gained in just a few corners. I was looking for .4 at the line and gained 1.1, but even then I can take that final section faster - I can't beat that ghost at the moment, but I gain ground on it after T2 everytime. Soooo, if I was slow there and you were strong, you may yet take it :p

I doubt I'll be able to beat this ghost, but I also doubt I'll have the time to run again, so the podium will elude me for sure ... still, a good week for us both 👍
 
Hey all, off GT4 topic but on racing topic: My brother and I are at Laguna Seca this weekend, we were there yesterday too. Don't worry, we are taking lots of pictures. We took 400+ pictures yesterday. I got hooked up with some media passes so we don't have to deal with fences. They'll be posted on my website hopefully by Tuesday.

Anyone interested in the American LeMans Series, who also has access to Speed Channel, watch the race! It's going to be good. Officially the race happens today from 3:15P-7:15P Pacific time. They start out in daylight conditions, but go into darkness. Last year they raced from 4-8 and we all ran into the wet stuff. More like the wet stuff came to us. Speed Channel is tape delaying the race until Sunday from 10A-2P Pacific time.

Enjoy!
 
Kolyana
New Splits ... I'm freaking happy with these:
T1: 37.666
T2: 1'06.642 👍

I think, if I reeeeeallllyyy nailed it, I could get an extra .4 at the line, but as it is I just gained 1.1 seconds on my previous best, so I really, really freaking nailed that one! whooohoooo. I'd stop, but a little more .... just a little ... would get me level or ahead of bhawk, so I might ... might ... push it a little harder.

Whooohooo.
Hey, Koly? :D


Jetboy
I think a person to watch would be Koly, this week. Prodigious power in that small a package is going to be lethal...

I expect some weird shift in the ranks for this week, given the conditions and all that...
 
@63, man that's so cool ... I really need to make that sort of thing part of my own life; it would be so much damned fun. I look forward to the pictures!!!

@Jet ... hahaha, well, I wish I could push even harder and maybe even threaten you, but I think my skill and time will work against me. Still, I got a faster result than I had originally intended and even thought possible :)
 
Just ran my first 9 laps of this. Hopefully I can run some more after the F1 GP. I've had no time lately, with exams coming up soon.

T1 - 38.912
T2 - 1'07.897

Pretty awful, but keep in mind I'm still running my original car without any upgrades since.
 
Got you added Casio, just for the history books ;)
 
New Splits

T1) 37.463

T2) 1'05.795

Time Submitted :)

See everyone at the results.
 
bhawk776
New Splits

T1) 37.463

T2) 1'05.795

Time Submitted :)

See everyone at the results.


/\...NNNOOOO!!!!!!!! Heheh, great improvement Bryan 👍. U guys really got my act beat this week.

Jerome
 
Nice run there, B. :cheers:
 
Results Posted :)

Bit of an upset this week with the Yellow Z28 Camaro finally climbing onto the podium (whoohooo!!! *cough*sorry*cough*), displacing Jump_Ace and edging out her arch rival Goix'.

In all fairness, Jump' was distracted this week with the WRS, but while his C3 sat under covers in the garage I saw it as the perfect opportunity to gain my best result yet.

Bubbly's on me, everyone!
 
U sneaky little devil Nat....heheh. Nice job podiums, I decided to spend more time away from the AMC these last couple weeks...just wish I had something to show for my sacrifice....

Jerome
 
:lol: Nice one, as I predicted Koly. :cheers:
 
Congrats podium dudes and especially the dudette! Well deserved podium Koly 👍

Koly, Looks like if I want to maintain 4th overall I better get in gear....I'm $600 ahead but slipping. At Las Vegas I'm 5 places behind you = $500. I am 2 positions ahead of you at the Nurb but to maintain that I'm going to have to work pretty hard and improve my time significantly. If I can somehow finish ahead of you in the remaining races of the season I could pull it out. So I better get down to business.
 
Yeah, we've got a nice little struggle going on between us. I should also be able to shave a second off at the Nurb and maybe catch you there, so this will be a battle to the finish!
 
Back