American Muscle (Week 5): Citta di Aria (w / Results)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kolyana
  • 86 comments
  • 3,070 views
Yeah, I upgraded to ME for about a month, then went back to 98 until XP came out. ME is the biggest turd ever laid by Microsoft. I can't see why they would release such a poor, unstable and unusable operating system. Surely when they used it before releasing it, they thought, 'hmmmmm, this OS is a pile of s*#t". That said, my school is still running mainly NT 4........I much prefer the G5s with OSX I muck around on for media.

Back on topic, I had a short run at this, didn't complete a lap. I'll spend all week getting my braking points right!
 
Well I was finally was able to get some clean laps in and let’s just say these are not gong to be the best times this week but hopefully I can improve on them.
T1 40.838
T2 1’13.186
:ouch:
 
I'm not using any aids, as in the past races in this car it just slows me down WAYYYY too much....:( But if it works for ya go for it, faster is faster right? I am kinda thinking of trading my parts around, taking out my carbon driveshaft and installing a wing, am I able to do this instead of chaning cars Kolyana? PM me when u get the chance or w/e.

Jerome
 
jump_ace
I'm not using any aids, as in the past races in this car it just slows me down WAYYYY too much....:( But if it works for ya go for it, faster is faster right? I am kinda thinking of trading my parts around, taking out my carbon driveshaft and installing a wing, am I able to do this instead of chaning cars Kolyana? PM me when u get the chance or w/e.

Jerome
I'm 99.999% (GT4 people carry all numbers out to 3 decimal places) certain she'll allow that. A car change is allowed. If you have to you could always get a different color Vette...after all it would be a different car? Or you could give us all a break and throw this week's race so you'll finish in the bottom third....then you're allowed to change parts.
 
Goix' is right ... you can change parts instead of the car (in effect, changing the entire car and parts for the same car and new parts). I believe it encourages a certain amoutn of strategy ofor the tracks, so go for it. Just remember that you'll not be able to do the same for the final 3 tracks unless you end up near the bottom of the field.

Goix' you have me beat so far kiddo ... I'm a good half a second behind you, but I'm goingt o try the shifting of 'no weight' to the front like 63Avanti has suggested.
 
@Avanti ... talking about Ronin, don't you wish that GT4 would allow you to recreate chase sequences like that?
 
63AvantiR3
Here's something I used for Sears Point, and it's one of those oddities that I've heard discussed on the forums. Don't add weight in the weight bias, but shift the (nonexistent) weight from front to rear and test your car that way. For some strange reason it makes a difference. LSD? Don't do it Koly. You're way too good for drugs :D

No offense to anyone, but DUH! More weight = slower time ALWAYS! Now shifting it is the important thing I agree, although I didn't try any of that this series.

@Goixoye....wait wait wait.....you want me to change from my beautiful banana color to something else?!?!? How dare u.... :sly: I was actually 99.998821587663% sure I could do it BTW.....lol

Well last week I wish I would have hit a clean lap with my 1:04.3xx as I had the lap time of 1:39.056...darn...if I was already in D1 I would have FOR SURE gotten that time again, but alas....me needs to be workin hard in WRS until, well....probably forever.... :nervous: Great comp tho u guys congrats to u podium'ers! 👍 Anyone else think Kolyana is a Goddess for making this happen? *Raises Hand*

jump_ace
 
So what you're saying jump is that you actually had .000011784124% of doubt?

Ohhhhh.....ok now I get it. :drool:
 
:lol:

I have a 50 kg ballast set over about +46 and TCS at two. ASM is off. A lot of it is choosing your compromises of the corners... Especially that winding downhill portion on the way to T1:. That 90* corner can make the difference of about .9 seconds. Come in realllly wide and cut across a late apex. You should leave the 90 right next to the right wall and be pretty well set up to cross over to the left, then take the T1 turn at about 102-108 mph, once again, right next to the right wall. Just some really small tips. :)
 
T1; 39.111 (+0.559s :grumpy: 👎 )
T2: 1'08.755 (-0.154s 👍 )
Lap Time: -0.580...got that goin' in the right direction.

Is all this means is that for me there's at least another 0.559s out there
 
MinorShunt
So what you're saying jump is that you actually had .000011784124% of doubt?

Ohhhhh.....ok now I get it. :drool:

Yeah, more or less. 💡 Great run in the WRS this week I imagine u only spent like 2 hours on it? I BARELY beat 'ya....
So I tried putting a wing on yesterday and it really didnt seem to help my Aria time much, but I'm gonna try dragging again sometime and see if it makes a difference, but if I DO choose to go with the wing I will post my upgrades and amounts again for all to gaze upon in wonder...heheh. Or laugh at hysterically, u can choose. The bummer is I have to re run the Nurb....dang. As goes life, but all this will go down AFTER some F1 laps.


jump_ace
 
Very nice time to you for the WRS jump! Yes you are right, my racing time available is very limited. I really wanted to run Mr P's race last night, but decided that I should support WRS. So I did prelim runs, got the feel for the Jag, did an oil change, and first lap after the oil change got the 55.5 run I wanted, so called it a night. :) But I do much better if I can do at least 2 sessions for an event.

U are very close to being up to div 1 BTW, but if I could make a friendly observation, this is what I see holding u back. This is typical of div 2 and some newer div.1 drivers, and that is the fact that I see a lot of impressive sector splits, but then the final times are much more than they should be. If u notice, the top guys in div.1 follow thru to the end. I am guilty of this at times also, but not as much anymore. Just drive the track, ignore the clock, and splits, etc. (clock lock) Just concentrate on driving with as much speed and aggression in the final sector as u did the first sectors. Don't get conservative! Splits don't mean squat. It is the final split which counts. With the t3 split u had, u should have been in the 1'20's or very close, and beat me by .2-.3! My t3 was 55.567, so u lost at least .2 at the final, and actually probably more, 'cause I figured I lost .15-.2 in the final with a bobble at the chicane.

Keep up the good work! U will get there! 👍 congrats again on a very nice run. :cheers:
 
Okay, I updated the leaderboard and will take a good stab at this tonight to see if I can at least equal my arch nemesis, Goix-the-Impaler.
 
MinorShunt
Very nice time to you for the WRS jump! Yes you are right, my racing time available is very limited. I really wanted to run Mr P's race last night, but decided that I should support WRS. So I did prelim runs, got the feel for the Jag, did an oil change, and first lap after the oil change got the 55.5 run I wanted, so called it a night. :) But I do much better if I can do at least 2 sessions for an event.

U are very close to being up to div 1 BTW, but if I could make a friendly observation, this is what I see holding u back. This is typical of div 2 and some newer div.1 drivers, and that is the fact that I see a lot of impressive sector splits, but then the final times are much more than they should be. If u notice, the top guys in div.1 follow thru to the end. I am guilty of this at times also, but not as much anymore. Just drive the track, ignore the clock, and splits, etc. (clock lock) Just concentrate on driving with as much speed and aggression in the final sector as u did the first sectors. Don't get conservative! Splits don't mean squat. It is the final split which counts. With the t3 split u had, u should have been in the 1'20's or very close, and beat me by .2-.3! My t3 was 55.567, so u lost at least .2 at the final, and actually probably more, 'cause I figured I lost .15-.2 in the final with a bobble at the chicane.

Keep up the good work! U will get there! 👍 congrats again on a very nice run. :cheers:


Hey thx man, ironically enough I tend to usually have the slower splits on a lap and try to concentrate on the lap as a whole (randy knows this all too well - I creep up on him the most it seems...lol), but this time I just missed the mark at the end. But ur exactly right about what time I lost in the chicane. I had a lap that was 55.5 and the final time was 1:21.257, so I litterally knew I had lost the .2time, but I was unable to pull it all together. But I appreciate u taking notice and the advice, man I am ALWAYS open to advice. But I will definately try to stay aggressive the whole time.

I am once again torn this week, only worse than the last. This week is my weakest track in the series, so I need to spent some time here, but then in the WRS its the F1 race, my fav car! And I need a win there....man this week is gonna be difficult, thank god I'll be doing some laps with Kolyana, I need the help!

jump_ace
 
Finally some respectable (for me) splits:

T1: 38.363 (-0.748 👍 )
T2: 1'07.504 (-1.251 👍 👍 )
Final Lap: -1.781 👍 👍 👍

I feel like I nailed it and carried the momentum through the lap pretty well. I know I'm close to my limit on this track...I watched the replay several times...so close but didn't paint the town on this lap. I think I'm done. I believe I've gotten to the razor's edge just before "fun" becomes "frustration". Koly, the balls in your court... Another short week for me...we post-poned our camping trip this past weekend due to rain...weather looks promising for this weekend ;) 👍
 
Okay Goix ... I was going to take a stab at this in 5 minutes, but it may be a few days before I can get close to those splits 👍 I'll update the board now.
 
Koly, I was hoping you'd post some splits so I would maybe have a chance to take a final shot at your times...but I think maybe I've wrung as much as I can out of the Shelby for this week anyway. I'm at the point where progress is reeeaaalllyyy ssssssllllllloooooowwww and improvement is miniscule and quite frankly not worth the hours it would take to get it. At least this way maybe I won't know I've been beaten until after I get home on Sunday. Talk about anticipation.... I probably ought to go ahead and submit my final time... I need to work on the HTAS race.

BTW you're cute little avatar's not fooling me anymore...if I'm Goix-the-Impaler then you must be Hobbes the Horrible (wad-ya-do-to Calvin?) or Smiling Tiger, Hidden Dragon?
 
HA! I like that!

Don't submit your time yet ... no real rush ... keep hold of it and give me a few days to see if I can raise the bar any, although right now you're somewhat faster than me 👍
 
Bleh, still in my Cuda:

T1: 41.365
T2: 1'12.224

:yuck: For being in the 600+ group, this car is doing pretty well lol... well... after I turned on ASM.
 
Goix', it doesn't get much closer between you and I right now :p

T1: 38.023
T2: 1'07.496

I was 1.1 faster at T2 than my previous lap best (which had a slow T2), but only .5 faster at the line, so I know I can carry another .6 over to the line.

I'll take another stab tomorrow.
 
Heck, I just noticed how close Jump Ace, you and I are ... I'll DEFINTIVELY be psuhing myself harder this week ... I'd love to beat the C3 for once.
 
Yay! New Keyboard!!!!! No more dashes! And even better: A working numberpad!
 
Kolyana
T1: 38.023
T2: 1'07.496
Show Off
Kolyana
Heck, I just noticed how close Jump Ace, you and I are ... I'll DEFINTIVELY be psuhing myself harder this week ... I'd love to beat the C3 for once.
I noticed that too and got all excited...then I noticed in his post Jump had only run 5 laps to get those splits. My guess is he'll improve by at least 1s through T2 and finish at least 1.5s quicker than me at the line....then he'll realize he had TCS on and totally blow me away....but it sure would be nice to peel that banana.
 
GTO Runs

T1 ~ 41.004
T2 ~ 1' 12.300

Seen sub 40's and sub 1' 11's but th efront bumper is gettign a few dings in it, and know I got to get it a little better. Looking for a little more for me anyways.
 
Teledriel
Seen sub 40's and sub 1' 11's but th efront bumper is gettign a few dings in it, and know I got to get it a little better. Looking for a little more for me anyways.

I think I win for the most bumper replacements this week. I've stopped replacing the vintage bumper and have instead opted for some aluminum foil that looks the same... :scared:
 
Yea well I had to replace the whole front end (the Shelby doesn't even have a front bumper).....got kinda wide at the T1 arch and nailed the left side head on...didn't graze it....NAILED it. Probably reduced the overall car length by about 3 feet. When I backed up I swear those Italians spectators were laughing at me. Good thing I had NASCAR's HANS device on or I probably would've broken my neck. I guess with the Stage 1 Weight Reduction the front end (fenders & hood) might be carbon fiber? I guess it would've exploded into a million pieces. The car would've looked like the NASCAR boys trying to collect a few points after an accident (no fenders or hood) limping around the track.
 
Oh lord, I would love to see a damage mode in GT4 just because of tracks like this ... the number of times I've slid a tad too wide going under the first arch and NAILED the leftside column, stopping dead with an almighty squeel of the tires ... I can only imagine the fragments of metal careening down the track ahead of me :p

goixoye
Show Off
I noticed that too and got all excited...then I noticed in his post Jump had only run 5 laps to get those splits. My guess is he'll improve by at least 1s through T2 and finish at least 1.5s quicker than me at the line....then he'll realize he had TCS on and totally blow me away....but it sure would be nice to peel that banana.

You can be pretty much guaranteed that he's going to be distracted with the WRS for a while ... he's shooting for a big win over there and may not notice what's going on over here ;)
 
darkwind
Yay! New Keyboard!!!!! No more dashes! And even better: A working numberpad!

Great! Now you can donate to the "Give-Red-Money-To-Get-a-PS2-That-Works-Until-The-PS3-Comes-Out" Fund! :sly:
 
RedWolfRacer
Great! Now you can donate to the "Give-Red-Money-To-Get-a-PS2-That-Works-Until-The-PS3-Comes-Out" Fund! :sly:

lol nope, sorry, the keyboard was donated lol.
 
Back