American Muscle

• Thread starter sixtoes
  • 2,439 comments
sixtoes
sixtoes
This is a thread for photos of your American cars - Chevrolet, Chrysler, Ford, etc. They can be the classic muscle cars of yesteryear, or the modern world-beating supercars of today. Please keep images to around 1000 pixels wide, if possible.

I'll start with an homage to Chevrolet - this little project took a bit of work, but I think it paid off in the end...

Last edited:
5264134220_3afe5c69f1_z.jpg

5264134704_86837e2109_z.jpg

Fantastic photos as always six; love your composite shots. Really hope to see you start up a gallery of sorts. 👍👍

That stingray is clean. Charger orange?

Not sure of the actual colour name, but it was a standard orange colour in which the car came from the dealer.
I hate to ruin the lines, so the only exterior alteration was the new wheels which I think suit the car better than the originals.

Fantastic photos as always six; love your composite shots. Really hope to see you start up a gallery of sorts. 👍👍

Thanks, McLaren - I'm actually working on putting one together... hoping to post it before the weekend's over. It'll definitely be a 'quality over quantity' approach, though - I can't crank out HDR composites all that often! :scared:

I think my heart skipped a beat just now. That Evolution of a Heartbeat picture is amazing!

Thats amazing

OP, we're not worthy :bowdown:

How did you do the first one? Thats amazing!

Thanks, everyone - I figured we'd get some good images submitted if we started out with a little inspiration! 💡 As for how it's done, Mac, it's a combination of HDR and composite techniques. If I tell you any more, I'd have to kill you. :sly:

In the meantime, kudos to our other thread contributors - I loved seeing these shots of American cars. Even some of the standard models look good in action! And Keshian's Viper ACR... wow! (Especially that first one.) JoeRyan - you're absolutely right about the wheels - they definitely suit the car better!

Keep 'em coming, guys!

few of my RM vette and cobra

ps. sorry they aren't 1000pix wide.

No worries, Epic - I only meant the 1000px as a maximum, not a minimum. (Nothing quite so annoying as having to scroll sideways in a browser window, you know.)

Great first shot of the Cobra mid-drift, by the way!

Okay, fiream400, how did you pull of that first shot? A composite shot with the 'Vette's layer lowered in opacity? Certainly looks nice.

And I love the miniature filter on the drift, too - first time that filter's really looked good, in my mind.

In the meantime, here's my contribution to the thread today:

Last edited:
Is the back of tat vette silver?

How did you manage to paint the back part???

or is it a real pic? (no GT in the top right) :confused:

No worries, Epic - I only meant the 1000px as a maximum, not a minimum. (Nothing quite so annoying as having to scroll sideways in a browser window, you know.)

Great first shot of the Cobra mid-drift, by the way!

gochya! thanx, i really like that one too

Is the back of tat vette silver?

How did you manage to paint the back part???

or is it a real pic? (no GT in the top right) :confused:

that's a "race modified" vette, its the right most option in gt auto

Back