American or Japanese?

• Thread starter dcooblal
  • 73 comments
I've been at this all the time... arguing with my friends day in day out. I had to come to you guys for expert advice :P . So let me get down to the big question.

What in your opinion is better? American cars? or Japanese Cars? And why?

In my opinion, i'll have to go with the American cars. I like the american muscle, the japan made cars... i dunno they're just not my taste. People call me crazy but if i had a chioce over an NSX or Corvette ZO6, I would pick the Corvette. Now, im not saying that Japanese cars are disgusting or are low in quality, but what can i say... i like power ;). Japanese cars have their qualities and american have their qualities. The only vehicle that I think that Japan dominates in is the motorcycle department (mainly sportbike). Thats another item that I want to purchase soon enough... then i go to the Hayabusa. Going back to the topic, I just want to know what you guys (and ladies) prefer.

Japanese cars..........
American cars mainly concentrate on power....... look @ vipers n stuff....... and who invented the *muscle cars*
i prefer Japaneese cars cuz they handle nicely ..... i'm not saying americans don't... but i just have a taste of japanese cars.. lol:lol:

Ya man thats what ive been arguing with my friends, this is a never ending topic. Really nobody can convince what people like or dislike... if people like Japanese cars thats great, I like them too but not as much. But, BUT! im going to resolve this conflict with an American vs Japanese race against my friend!! I will win i know it! :) mainly this race is just for bragging rights, man if i lose.... o'boy :P

For sheer power and performance go with American cars.
For reliablity Japanese cars are the way to go, or if you want to make your car fast Japanese cars are good.

I like Japanese cars cuz they're usually much more lighter than American cars, so they handle better than American cars
but i dunno which is better overall.....=P :Poke:

If you want a car that handles well, is light and is built really crappy go for Japanese....

you want heavy, lots a power to make up for the 6000kg of weight but looks and is biult stunningly, then go american...

unless you want real good quallity and heapa of style to match, then u go far something euro :P

I would DEFINITELY go with Japanese cars!!you want light weight?Japanese cars have it!you want speed?Japanese cars have it!you wanna have some fun on a course instead of on a straightaway?Japanese cars can give it to ya!I'm tellin' ya dude,like I said in another forum...I bet if somebody saw a Skyline (preferably the R32 V-Spec II) then they could tell you that the Skyline looks waaaaaaaay better than any american car or "muscle" car =P,besides..why would you want a car made of ALL metal anyways?

AE86Driver

I would actually disagree with you AE86Driver, I think that a Corvette, Shelby, Panoz or Dodge (well mabye not dodge, but the viper looks nice), looks better than the Skyline.

Here's another type of car that is really becoming popular... SUV's. I myself own a Cadillac Escalade... but ive heard that the japanese market is coming out with some decent SUV's...

Japanese market HAS decent SUV.........
its cuz everyone is exploring nature these days.. instead of burning rubber @ the track like they should... 😈

dcooblal - okay,let me rephrase my statement...for the people who actually UNDERSTAND what a good car looks like,then that person would be able to tell you that a Skyline looks waaaaay better than any damned american car (well,I'd take an AE86 over ANY car ANY day =D,hehe) but you only shield yourself with an easy simple minded american remark by sayin',oh yeah,well,so and so makes light weight cars..but really,you only say that because you can't understand the "complex" (to you) system of the Japanese cars..so please,stay in your own league and know your place,thank you

AE86Driver

Originally posted by halfracedrift
hmmm vuexhall or somethign? i heard they make decent cars.. but isn't that the europe side of ford.. :embarrassed:

Vauxhall is the UK part of Opel. The cars are the exact same as Opel cars, but they're just called Vauxhall. So...not Ford.

Originally posted by AE86Driver
dcooblal - okay,let me rephrase my statement...for the people who actually UNDERSTAND what a good car looks like,then that person would be able to tell you that a Skyline looks waaaaay better than any damned american car (well,I'd take an AE86 over ANY car ANY day =D,hehe) but you only shield yourself with an easy simple minded american remark by sayin',oh yeah,well,so and so makes light weight cars..but really,you only say that because you can't understand the "complex" (to you) system of the Japanese cars..so please,stay in your own league and know your place,thank you
Excuse me?! This has to be one of the most obnoxious posts made in recent memory. Somebody says they like the way a particular car looks, and you say "eye of the beholder", then you post some snotty, arrogant put-down when somebody dares to criticize the Skyline? My ass. Calm yourself down, son, or you're going to tee off a lot of people around here.

Just for your badly-needed education: the Skyline's styling is a direct ripoff of the muscular, three-box American cars of the late Sixties and early Seventies, particularly the IMSA Charger, Mustang, and Camaro race cars, which were street car chassis with certain aerodynamic improvements, and often featured widened fenders to accomodate large race rubber.

Before you go off on another fan-boy rave about how wonderful Japanese car makers are, you need to understand a few things.

1) The Japanese rarely invent anything. They are spectacular at taking exisitng technology and pushing it to the limit. But the fundamental technology usually originates in America or Europe.

2) The Japanese domestic car industry is complex. In fact it's downright byzantine (look it up), and needlessly so. You've no doubt noted that every car has at least three names, plus a version number... big deal.

3) In addition to being complex, the Japanese car industry is incredibly conservative when it comes to styling. Cars are allowed to evolve only minimally from year to year. Occasional jumps are made in model changes, but typically the styling varies very little and is often bland as a result, particularly in the luxury car market. For two examples off the top of my head - look at the Integra, which reverted to an Accord-style front clip in Japan when the bullet nose proved unpopular, and the WRX which is ditching its distinctive round headlights for something boring and rectangular for the same reason.

Taste aside, I suggest you change your attitude towards other posters. Everybody has an opinion, just like everybody has something else... and yours is no better, just because its yours. Get a hold of yourself and behave, fanboy.

Originally posted by neon_duke

Taste aside, I suggest you change your attitude towards other posters. Everybody has an opinion, just like everybody has something else... and yours is no better, just because its yours. Get a hold of yourself and behave, fanboy.

I agree. No hard feelings but everyone has their own opinions.

Besides everyone knows American cars RULE ALL!! :P

look Neon_Duke,first off...I don't know who you think you're talkin' to,thinkin' you know OH SO MUCH about Japanese cars...let me tell you a lil somethin' you should be greatful of,now listen good,cause it's the word from one that's wiser than yourself young lad..you see..those "muscle" cars that you love so much,or those american cars that you simply INSIST are soooo good,must I let you know that the Nova (which I think is a "muscle" car,but not too sure,but I do know that it is american) has parts that's sent from Japan you know,along with some of your other so called "muscle" cars!heh,and here you thought you knew what you were talkin' about..I believe YOU are the fanboy,tch.someone who is blocking the own knowledge of someone much wiser than themself only protect themself with what they believe is correct...but once they get told on what the truth REALLY is,their wall begins to break..and they still continue to whine and hide under someone's wing of shelter to protect them so they won't hear that they are incorrect...but I assume you wouldn't understand that,now would you?heh,obviosuly not..so why not behave yourself and just keep your useless comments to yourself..fanboy

AE86Driver

American cars are mainly V8 cars, so indirectly you state the American cars to have the best V8 engines... tough break when you get to hear the Corvette despite it's 6L V8 engine (which is a waste in its own regard) doesn't bring out as much as the 4.5L V8 (or 4L don't recall exactly) BMW M5, which has arguably the best V8 powerplant in automotive history up to date... European and Japanese cars bring out more horsepower in comparisson to the cylinder volume and ammount of cylinders American cars operate... American cars have the tendancy to have "primitive" engines, and they almost always are V8 or so, ok, in the US the fuel is half the price of it's European counter parts (or any other part of the world I guess) so they can waste the fuel if they want, but then again, if you can spend less but nevertheless get more HP out of it...

The Porsche for example: flat 6, 3 liter (or 3.6 or 3.8... etc etc) output some 450 SHP...?

really, EU or Japanese cars all the way, they handling is better too...

greetze, Zembla

bash America all you want, but there's still one thing you shall respect: :viper:.

bow, mortals...

Back