American Racing League (ARL) 2+ hour races

• Thread starter Herimopp89
  • 222 comments
I’m so disappointed that I did all that work for 3 and a half hours just to have the wifi let me down but nonetheless it was really fun and I think we should do more endurance races

That first stand up after the 4 hours is complete
source (5).gif

source (4).gif

I’m so disappointed that I did all that work for 3 and a half hours just to have the wifi let me down but nonetheless it was really fun and I think we should do more endurance races
I 2nd that!

Also my apologies to anyone I may have screwed up or got in their way I know I clean @Jw_wk1010 clock once. I got a new wheel and pedals and it's alot different going from the g29 to the t150 but got to say the t150 is awesome

I 2nd that!

Also my apologies to anyone I may have screwed up or got in their way I know I clean @Jw_wk1010 clock once. I got a new wheel and pedals and it's alot different going from the g29 to the t150 but got to say the t150 is awesome

It's all good I stopped and saw @GTP_Guido while I was flying through Germany after an unfortunate mishap. Btw the concession stand at Bathurst has amazing hotdogs next time maybe I'll send you after some :)

I learned that if I do another multi class I won’t be taking the slower class. After about lap 8 it seemed like my screen constantly had blue flag on it.

We will do more endurance races I can promise you that but what did you guys all think of last night was it fun...I'm sorry I couldnt stay up any later than 1230.

Congrats to @Whitetail for a convincing win last night.

PS_Messages_20191207_133046.jpg

The last five laps on each set of old tires had me like:
source.gif

Thanks for the race @Herimopp89, I'm happy I was able to take part. I haven't done a four hour race in quite a long time so this was a perfect exercise of stamina. Fact is, because I race on a DS4 controller currently, my hands/wrists were painful well before the half-way point. I could barely open my bottle of Gatorade at the mandatory pit stop. I think I just have a really bad habit of gripping the controller way too hard because they feel fine after a couple minutes of relaxation and gentle movement.

Thank you to @damonc84 for the NURC support, and for keeping me company during the race. The car looks great on playback, sorry I scratched the vinyl off in a few places. :ouch: No major damage though! :)

Congratulations to everyone who participated. Finishing a four hour race is an accomplishment to be proud of, especially on a track as unforgiving as Bathurst!

Something else I want to say, and I need to be really careful with my words so I don't sound like a pretentious jerk, some of the practices employed by the drivers I was placing laps down were both inefficient and dangerous. Generally the standard for multiclass racing is for the slower traffic to hold the racing line and allow the faster vehicle behind to set up and execute a pass. Most of the people I usually race with are pretty good with this, so I'm just not expecting people to brake and swerve out of my way into corners, and especially on the apex/exit of corners. I appreciate that you are trying to be courteous but it becomes an unpredictable situation for me and I usually end up losing more time than I would have if I had just sat behind you until the next acceleration zone. Please don't think I'm angry with anyone because I'm not, I just want to offer some advice to try to avoid incidents in the future.

Last edited:
The last five laps on each set of old tires had me like:
source.gif

Thanks for the race @Herimopp89, I'm happy I was able to take part. I haven't done a four hour race in quite a long time so this was a perfect exercise of stamina. Fact is, because I race on a DS4 controller currently, my hands/wrists were painful well before the half-way point. I could barely open my bottle of Gatorade at the mandatory pit stop. I think I just have a really bad habit of gripping the controller way too hard because they feel fine after a couple minutes of relaxation and gentle movement.

Thank you to @damonc84 for the NURC support, and for keeping me company during the race. The car looks great on playback, sorry I scratched the vinyl off in a few places. :ouch: No major damage though! :)

Congratulations to everyone who participated. Finishing a four hour race is an accomplishment to be proud of, especially on a track as unforgiving as Bathurst!

Something else I want to say, and I meed to be really careful with my words so I don't sound like a pretentious jerk, some of the practices employed by the drivers I was placing laps down were both inefficient and dangerous. Generally the standard for multiclass racing is for the slower traffic to hold the racing line and allow the faster vehicle behind to set up and execute a pass. Most of the people I usually race with are pretty good with this, so I'm just not expecting people to brake and swerve out of my way into corners, and especially on the apex/exit of corners. I appreciate that you are trying to be courteous but it becomes an unpredictable situation for me and I usually end up losing more time than I would have if I had just sat behind you until the next acceleration zone. Please don't think I'm angry with anyone because I'm not, I just want to offer some advice to try to avoid incidents in the future.

I am a guilty party of trying to get out of the way. And that is excatly what @Neutty brings up all that time about lap traffic in the snail endurance thread.

Also I feel your pain being on a controller for 4 hrs is no easy task at all.

Hey everyone I added a poll to the top of the thread. I wanna gauge an interest in running our next endurance race tentatively scheduled for the one of the 1st two fridays of February. Track and other details would follow after the poll is done with.

Saturday night is our primary race night for our Gr.3 (premiere) series for ARL.

Sunday nights wouldn’t work for most of us as we get up really early for work.
The ARL gr.3 season already started tho right?

Back