American Truck Simulator Welcomes the Volvo VNL; Special Transport DLC

Yes yes yes yes yes! More news about the trucking simulators! Thank you dear Joey D!

It's great that they finally added the VNL, but it's clearly visible that the model is a bit old. If you look at the Next Generation Scania S and R, those are extremely high quality, causing lag even on the most powerful PCs.

I think I'll slap a Swift paintjob on it and I'll just enjoy it!

Anyway, there is a 2018 Volvo VNL mod too, and it's great!

Yes yes yes yes yes! More news about the trucking simulators! Thank you dear Joey D!

It's great that they finally added the VNL, but if it's clearly visible that the model is a bit old. If you look at the Next Generation Scania S and R, those are extremely high quality, causing lag even on the most powerful PCs.

I think I'll slap a Swift paintjob on it and I'll just enjoy it!

Anyway, there is a 2018 Vovlo VNL mod too, and it's great!

If people keeping reading it, I'll keep writing it. We're always looking to expand coverage of all things sim and driving. Plus I have a quirky taste in games, so that helps.

The VNL comes in three flavors all with a different purpose. There’s the day cab 300 series, along with the 730 standard sleeper and 760 and 780 high rood sleeper. The downside is, it’s the last generation of the VNL. However, SCS Software did say they are working on the new model.

Someone get this rude sleeper off of its high horse.

My father used to be a trucker (he mained a Kenworth T600) and he drove a VNL a few times. I asked him what his thoughts were and he said that they feel really cheap and that other truckers call them "disposable". I've driven the VNL quite a few times in ATS and I've come to like it more and more as I drive it. I've never been too keen on the appearance of the last gen model however the new gen looks pretty good in my opinion.

vnl-2018_25693.jpg

My father used to be a trucker (he mained a Kenworth T600) and he drove a VNL a few times. I asked him what his thoughts were and he said that they feel really cheap and that other truckers call them "disposable". I've driven the VNL quite a few times in ATS and I've come to like it more and more as I drive it. I've never been too keen on the appearance of the last gen model however the new gen looks pretty good in my opinion.

View attachment 779338

I am a truck driver.

I bought this on steam back in March, played an hour and was a bit apprehensive as who in their right mind would drive a rig all day at work, then come home and simulate what you just did all day?

Apparently me, I've started back with it this past weekend and it's addicting, relaxing, and honestly just a welcome change from trying to shave lap times down.

I love it.

I hop in and out from this game. I look at the Volvo dealer in San Francisco and saw that I need to be at least Level 10. And I'm at 5...

Good thing I have an extra XP and cash mod to help. Plus, I have the Coast 2 Coast map mod, so super extra XP and cash :)

I am a truck driver.

I bought this on steam back in March, played an hour and was a bit apprehensive as who in their right mind would drive a rig all day at work, then come home and simulate what you just did all day?

Apparently me, I've started back with it this past weekend and it's addicting, relaxing, and honestly just a welcome change from trying to shave lap times down.

I love it.
Me too :) Enjoying it, but not a truck driver in real life

Back