Amuse at Polyphony

• Thread starter CCXRacer
  • 82 comments
I never said it does. But what I did mean is that it doesn't need to. Again, with Amuse's expertise I'm sure the car drives amazingly well. Yes, the exhaust/body combo creates a little drag, but so what? The car's made to showcase a product, you said it.

But he's wrong about "proper engineering." The exhaust shaves weight, and creates more power while looking absolutely gorgeous on a street car. I call that proper engineering bud.

For those doubting their engineering, watch them go toe-to-toe with some of japan's best tuners. And completely destroy them.

I think our definitions differ somewhat. have you ever tried running with a parachute on your back? Even the best designed, lightest parachute is going to slow you down.

I google translated this thread and there is no mention of any dwarfs

"Gran Turismo 6 was released in December this year. Every year at the end of met Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi has joined it on the last trading of polyphony digital. The world regardless of the automobile industry, where industry professionals. Gran Turismo 6 has truly evolved. Like Gran Turismo, while what do you think Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi from this? So have I piqued your interest. Feeling excited about the goals for the next fiscal year as the AMUSE only tell Mr. / Ms. Yamauchi has been. "

Makes no sense to me at all. How do you deduce that Amuse is coming to GT6 ??

I hope we can have this in GT6
amusegtr-09.jpg

tuning1_1oLt_0.jpg

I think our definitions differ somewhat. have you ever tried running with a parachute on your back? Even the best designed, lightest parachute is going to slow you down.

WHAT. Now we are comparing the lack of a diffuser to a parachute. I get what you're saying, though that analogy was ridiculously silly. I'm saying it doesn't matter for the cars intended use.

1.) It's a street car, NOT competing in the Super GT series. It can afford to have a little drag.

2.) It's made to showcase a product.

3.) I suggest you put a flat floor on your daily driver to eliminate any possible drag, driving "with a parachute" must kill your gas mileage.:lol:

Wow. A European exhaust company provides exhausts for European race winners from European manufacturers. Wow.

An exhaust never makes a race winner. Never has, never will.

Take Audi for instance. Akrapovič only signed on to their Le Mans program in 2012 to build exhausts for the then-new R18. Audi by then had already won the race ten times before.

I'm not saying that Akrapovič aren't great at what they do; they make some excellent exhausts, both for cars and motorbikes. But you're putting down Amuse and all other Japanese tuners just by looking at pictures of one Japanese-tuned car, and applying it to the rest of the industry.

By the way I love how you discern "proper engineering" from comparing the underside of a tuned version of a small sports car to a purpose-built flat bottom of a supercar. Now that's joke of the year.

lol, i'm not putting them down based on pictures, I'm putting them down based on performance. Japanese tuners produce cosmetics, that's what they do. And that's the reason you only see them on drift cars. What pisses me is seeing them highly overvalued in the game. But well, you kinda can expect that since they have that Schulze GT-R overpowering propper GT3 machines.

And to that bloke saying diffuser is cosmetics. You seriously know nothing. Ferrari, Mercedes, Pagani, even Nissan all stopped throwing bulky wings on their cars, because they are not needed thanks to how powerful diffusers have become. Heck, La Italia even has one that closes at high speeds to enable higher top speed.

Easiest way to know how fast a car can corner? Look at it's ass.

lol, i'm not putting them down based on pictures, I'm putting them down based on performance. Japanese tuners produce cosmetics, that's what they do. And that's the reason you only see them on drift cars. What pisses me is seeing them highly overvalued in the game. But well, you kinda can expect that since they have that Schulze GT-R overpowering propper GT3 machines.

And to that bloke saying diffuser is cosmetics. You seriously know nothing. Ferrari, Mercedes, Pagani, even Nissan all stopped throwing bulky wings on their cars, because they are not needed thanks to how powerful diffusers have become. Heck, La Italia even has one that closes at high speeds to enable higher top speed.

Easiest way to know how fast a car can corner? Look at it's ass.

Wings are needed, why do you think all the cars that put down fast Nurburgring time's have them, just look at the LFA Nur, GTR Nismo and 918!

voltex.jpg

Furthermore most JDM tuner do wind tunnel tests.

If it's another GT86 variant or Honda S2000 i might get sick in my mouth.
It won't be another S2000. Not only is it not on sale any more so Amuse wouldn't be tuning as many, but they surely can't ruin the S2000 as much as they did with the GT1 Turbo.

AmuseSingleExit1.jpg

Amuse, Z34, 86 Turbo and the Ericsson M3. My favorite Amuse cars the JZX100 Chaser is hiding in the back, sadly Kaz has little love to spare for Toyota's so we will probably never see a premium X-chassis.

Park close much?

Wings are needed, why do you think all the cars that put down fast Nurburgring time's have them, just look at the LFA Nur, GTR Nismo and 918!

Furthermore most JDM tuner do wind tunnel tests.

Look what I wrote. I'm talking about bulky wings. All those cars you mentioned have small, negligible wings that are there to compliment diffuser. Anything more simply isn't needed.

Park close much?

Real-estate is in short supply in Japan. You gotta work with what little space you have haha.

@s-oso You're right. Who needs wings and a diffuser for going fast.
supergt_sgt_1205.jpg

Oh and also, this car was built by one of those clueless Japanese tuners, Amemiya. And you should know that they've been quite successful in the GT300 class in history.

Your ignorance is showing.

Last edited:
Lol because when you say Japanese Tuners the first thing that comes to mind are not the performance built Nismo, Mugen, Ameniya, Amuse companies that take import cars and build them up from top to bottom improving engine performance and handling, but rather that one guy on the street with a honda civic putting VTEC stickers on his car even though it doesn't have a VTEC engine.

Yep, you have stickers on your car don't you @s-oso ?

Hahahaaa your funny comparing an Akrapovic exhaust to one from Amuse! Do you even know how hard it is to weld titanium and how many man hours it take's to make an Amuse exhaust!!!

automotive_connoisseur_group_nissan_gt-R_r35_akrapovic_exhaust_01.jpg

amuse-gtr-exhaust-001.jpg

I don't think i can name one tuner that puts as much effort and skill into their xhaust systems as amuse does! The Akrapovic is a joke compared to the Amuse.

Check the facts first ;) . Akrapovic has better exhaust systems. As for titanium... Akrapovic doos not just weld titanium . It has its own titanium foundry.

Ignorance is bliss.

Check the facts first ;) . Akrapovic has better exhaust systems. As for titanium... Akrapovic doos not just weld titanium . It has its own titanium foundry.

Ignorance is bliss.

What ignorance not only does the Akrapovic feature inferior welds compared to the Amuse, it weighs twice as much! 39 Lbs vs 19 Lbs of the Amuse.

How ever you put it and i'm not the only one that is going to tell you this! You can't beat the craftsmanship and quality of Amuse products.

Look what I wrote. I'm talking about bulky wings. All those cars you mentioned have small, negligible wings that are there to compliment diffuser. Anything more simply isn't needed.

LFA%2BNur%2BEdition.jpg

Nismo-GTR-04-1200x800.jpg

If this is your definition of small then please show me big!

Now that is joke of the year.

Amuse is tuner company. Akrapovic does tuning as a side job.

3 Nürburgring 24h Race Winners
4 24h Le Mans Race Winners with Audi
2 DTM Drivers Championships with Audi and BMW
2 DTM Manufacturers Championshipips with BMW

This is just after 2008 and only for race cars. For motorbikes, just add two thirds of all Moto GP, Moto2-3 drivers.
was about to say..... they do all of the german (except for merc i think) exhaust work and to call Amuse best in its class (as Akrapovik is) is the joke...:lol:

was about to say..... they do all of the german (except for merc i think) exhaust work and to call Amuse best in its class (as Akrapovik is) is the joke...:lol:

Both F10 M5 exhaust, hahahaa check the Amuse welds don't think one welder at Akrapovic has the knowledge to do that!

attachmentphpattachmentid204807dateline1-1.jpg

7645641832_cffe583cc8_c.jpg

Its stupid to bend titanium just wait till it starts tearing up at high temperatures!

Both F10 M5 exhaust, hahahaa check the Amuse welds don't think one welder at Akrapovic has the knowledge to do that!

attachmentphpattachmentid204807dateline1-1.jpg

7645641832_cffe583cc8_c.jpg

Its stupid to bend titanium just wait till it starts tearing up at high temperatures!
Just a personal preference but I hate blued titanium. It just looks like crap similar to chrome cars. It's something that it isn't if that made any seance..

So because Amuse doesn't make OE exhaust for Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc their stuff is crap?

Some of you are clueless.

So because Amuse doesn't make OE exhaust for Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc their stuff is crap?

The exact reason why it ain't crap is because they don't make OEM products! Amuse doesn't make mass produced crap. :D

Just a personal preference but I hate blued titanium. It just looks like crap similar to chrome cars. It's something that it isn't if that made any seance..

Its an option at Amuse, how burned you want the titanium to be.

No, not at all. But FORm MY POV, Akrapovic is more prevalent in motor racing I see, even in multiple series, including JGTC cars and whatnot. Whether they do have oe's for them makes no difference, as I could care less for either of them or any.

The exact reason why it ain't crap is because they don't make OEM products! Amuse doesn't make mass produced crap. :D

Its an option at Amuse, how burned you want the titanium to be.
Hmm... Never knew that. Not to say my prevalence for them has changed, but it's interesting..

lol some of you surely are amusing. I'm not even sure why am I arguing with such a heap of Japcar lovers. But seriously numbers speak for themself.

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars. This is where they can win. A collage of cars from Japanese gt championship surely will not convice me otherwise. They simply don't dare of moving into internationall competition. Well, with Dome as an exception, their head Samurai sure makes things fun on the circuit.

The rest sticks to their heavily regulated GT championship where rules and low competition allows abovepictured abominations to be competitive. And the big guns just buy themselves a team from US or Europe to run their program.

lol some of you surely are amusing. I'm not even sure why am I arguing with such a heap of Japcar lovers. But seriously numbers speak for themself.

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars. This is where they can win. A collage of cars from Japanese gt championship surely will not convice me otherwise. They simply don't dare of moving into internationall competition. Well, with Dome as an exception, their head Samurai sure makes things fun on the circuit.

The rest sticks to their heavily regulated GT championship where rules and low competition allows abovepictured abominations to be competitive. And the big guns just buy themselves a team from US or Europe to run their program.
Same could be said for ALMS or anything the Frances have their hands in

Yes Japanese tuners only make drift cars.
Have you not been paying attention to what's been said in the thread?

Go watch Hot Version on YouTube if pictures aren't enough for you. Japanese tuners don't make drift cars only.

Back