Amuse S2000 GT1 is buggy

Germany
Germany
BongoFury23
The Amuse S2000 GT1 full tuned is steering to the right and that's it. It can't be driven any more. I'll try to find out which tuning produces the bug, maybe someone found it already?

I too have experienced this at Sarthe in the car and I played around quite a bit trying to eliminate it or replicate the circumstances. The tune I was using was madmyk’s and I fussed with the ride height and downforce to fix it, to no avail. I’ve been away for a few days, but I’ll try and get a video or at least pics to show what is being talked about. Right at the entry point for that first hard left-to-right turn, under moderate-to-heavy braking in a straight line, it just dives right and there’s nothing you can do about it. It also exhibits this behavior entering the first chicane on the on the out leg. This does not occur in subsequent laps, only the first. I don’t believe this is in relation to the tune and is a bug.

I took a run today. At the first instance, I braked pretty aggressively and managed to counter-steer myself out of it, but this was the first time I’d had any success doing so. This is where it happens, every single time, 1st lap only.

3CDF68AF-F39D-42ED-AF6A-561B2CC2383F.jpeg

The 2nd instance always happens here and is not always restricted to the 1st lap, indeed, it happened in L5 with a pretty wet track. In this case, I avoided it by having a mass of cars on the inside of me.

442DEFD2-73A8-4792-8067-8406CCE1D50D.jpeg

I took a run today. At the first instance, I braked pretty aggressively and managed to counter-steer myself out of it, but this was the first time I’d had any success doing so. This is where it happens, every single time, 1st lap only.

View attachment 1181802

The 2nd instance always happens here and is not always restricted to the 1st lap, indeed, it happened in L5 with a pretty wet track. In this case, I avoided it by having a mass of cars on the inside of me.

View attachment 1181803
Looking at the first image, the front brakes & tires are locking up or are under heavy ABS usage. More-so to the right (b/c it's unloaded) than the left.

Does this car exhibit this behavior on other tracks? Like heading into the bus stop chicane at Watkins Glen, or the right-hand sweeper into a braking zone at St. Croix.

I have a feeling the brakes are too strong and the front end is too soft, which is causing the car to roll and pitch too much.

Some cars definitely seem to be set up a bit weirdly in stock form. The Ferrari 330 P4 felt awful to drive to me - not just in the "this is an old car" sense, because the Ford MKIV and 917K drove like a dream. Turned out that raising the front ride height and nothing else completely transformed it, from barely being able to touch the MKIV's Nordschleife time to trouncing it:
1660246340958.png

Looking at the first image, the front brakes & tires are locking up or are under heavy ABS usage. More-so to the right (b/c it's unloaded) than the left.

Does this car exhibit this behavior on other tracks? Like heading into the bus stop chicane at Watkins Glen, or the right-hand sweeper into a braking zone at St. Croix.

I have a feeling the brakes are too strong and the front end is too soft, which is causing the car to roll and pitch too much.
The really strange part is that I don’t ever brake there (except in THAT instance as I was specifically trying to counter the behavior), at least at the start, as I can simply lay off the throttle until I straighten out and then apply my brakes. Even that doesn’t quite explain it as laying off the throttle shouldn’t induce that heavy of a weight transfer right? I don’t know, I’m just spit-balling at this point. Let me know if I’m way off-base here, thanks.

B1BF6662-BAB2-4F05-B897-1BB0436511DE.jpeg

Here’s a quick clip I just whipped up, its convenient that this happens right at the start. My YT and video skills are very rudimentary.

Last edited:
The really strange part is that I don’t ever brake there (except in THAT instance as I was specifically trying to counter the behavior), at least at the start, as I can simply lay off the throttle until I straighten out and then apply my brakes. Even that doesn’t quite explain it as laying off the throttle shouldn’t induce that heavy of a weight transfer right? I don’t know, I’m just spit-balling at this point. Let me know if I’m way off-base here, thanks.

View attachment 1182934

Here’s a quick clip I just whipped up, its convenient that this happens right at the start. My YT and video skills are very rudimentary.

Raise the front to 118, bring the rear 143, and then take off 200 points of downforce from the rear. The downforce is the real issue there.

Raise the front to 118, bring the rear 143, and then take off 200 points of downforce from the rear. The downforce is the real issue there.
The highest I can get the rear RH is 130 and the lowest rear downforce (with any wing option) is 450, unless there’s somethimg else I’m missing.

C59740AA-E05E-4005-81F6-BA84C191357D.jpeg
5C8310C8-FAAD-466F-86D2-40DB0CBB91A7.jpeg

Here we go…

That is a 98% improvement and I will happily take that. Thanks a ton!

Last edited:
The highest I can get the rear RH is 130 and the lowest rear downforce (with any wing option) is 450, unless there’s somethimg else I’m missing.

View attachment 1182957View attachment 1182958

Here we go…

That is a 98% improvement and I will happily take that. Thanks a ton!

Ahh okay I didn’t know the floor was 450 on that thing. Raising the Natural frequency in the rear should be where you find that other 2%. Glad I was able to help. GL!

Back