Amuse S2000 R1 Touge Setup

Canada
Canada
TakumiFuji01
Hey guys! Do you guys remember the Orange Touge Monster S2000 that appeared in Touge Showdown? Well I have a setup for that car since in GTPSP, the car feels soft & oversteers in game too much which wasn't suppose to with the real car so I tried working on the car making it have better cornering speeds and better driving feel.
Here's the setup
Ride Height
(F)-5(R)0
Spring Rate:
(F)8g(R)8kg
Damper:
(F)6(R)6
Toe:
(F)0.00(R)+0.33
Camber Angle:
(F)4.0(R)4.5

The car grips well with any tires, the transmission may feel slow because that's a stock transmission with a different final ratio. Try it out with S1s at El Captian and you'll be surprised how well it runs. It works on some other cars(tried it on O.Performance S2000 but oversteers a little but still good) too! ENJOY!
amuse-s2000-r1-04.jpg

This Touge Monster! If you guys just wasted your time using the GT1, and then you guys just look at the Amuse Title, & thought the GT1 was the one I tuned. I was talking about this
custom-s2000-000.jpg

Last edited:
Hey dude major tip for FR suspension tuning

Tighten the front up but leave the rear spring around 4 or 5 this will cause it to understeer by nature which you can counteract as necessary with a healthy dose of throttle.

countersteering is for n00bs amirite ;]

Hey dude major tip for FR suspension tuning

Tighten the front up but leave the rear spring around 4 or 5 this will cause it to understeer by nature which you can counteract as necessary with a healthy dose of throttle.

countersteering is for n00bs amirite ;]

Countersteering is not for noobs and no your not even right. The car doesn't understeer for me..

and you call yourself takumifuji ? ? ?

the car doesnt understeer for you because you've got the thing set with the same settings in front as in rear, it's an FR so OBVIOUSLY when you gas it out of the corners it will have a tendancy to oversteer.

that tendancy will never go away but if you set the front to understeer slightly more, when you DO get that oversteer, the oversteer will simply be countering the understeer resulting in a sexily balanced drift controlled by throttle application.
You'll be able to get on the throttle harder and earlier this way, improving your lap times as well as the look and attitude of your car while you are cornering.

wonder why everyone can see takumis aura on the 86 ? it's because his dad set the suspension properly.

countersteering means that your front wheels are rolling, not sliding. if they are rolling that means they are not 1. helping you to decellerate 2. helping you to change direction

when your front wheels don't slide your rear wheels must do twice the sliding, resulting in the necessity to start sliding earlier at a higher drift angle, which ultimatley results in you taking longer than me to clear a hairpin or any other corner.

if we're on the same corner and you are countersteering while drifting and I am 4 wheel drifting , I will maintain less of a drift angle at a higher speed as well as being able to hook up and burn away sooner and faster.

what happens when you don't countersteer with those suspension settings ? your rear end spins around the front wheels that are gripping. what happens when you increase understeer and don't countersteer in the same situation ? you are in a balanced 4 wheel slide.

I strongly reccomend to set your front springs and damper to 8's and set your rear springs to 4 or 5 and rear damper to 6 or 7.

that is the way the car should be driven. you are right to not lower it too too much, that much is correct.

toe out in the front is okay, though i would go with less, or neutral, or slight toe in.

as for camber, i usually have less camber in the rear than in the front. I suspect you have high camber in the front for understeer but you just don't know it, and high camber in the back to reduce the contact patch in order to spin the tires more easily.

try doing 3.5 in front and 2.5 in rear for more traction all around, this will mean that when you are sliding you are decellerating the vehicle at a faster rate and therefore changing your direction more effectivley. your counter steering will slowly dissappear as you use these settings in time trial mode setting faster and faster lap times, and watch your aura grow and burn intense!

really.

And I've given plenty of reason.

it's counter intuitive but it's the way it works. I'm glad to know you've BEGUN to put thought into suspension tuning for drifting, but if you are willing to keep an open mind to engage in the pursuit of increasing your technique you have to abandon this "slippery and stiff in the back" mentality and begin to do lap after lap reducing the ammount you use counter steer. I garantee you will post faster laps the less you counter steer.

and you call yourself takumifuji ? ? ?

the car doesnt understeer for you because you've got the thing set with the same settings in front as in rear, it's an FR so OBVIOUSLY when you gas it out of the corners it will have a tendancy to oversteer.

that tendancy will never go away but if you set the front to understeer slightly more, when you DO get that oversteer, the oversteer will simply be countering the understeer resulting in a sexily balanced drift controlled by throttle application.
You'll be able to get on the throttle harder and earlier this way, improving your lap times as well as the look and attitude of your car while you are cornering.

wonder why everyone can see takumis aura on the 86 ? it's because his dad set the suspension properly.

countersteering means that your front wheels are rolling, not sliding. if they are rolling that means they are not 1. helping you to decellerate 2. helping you to change direction

when your front wheels don't slide your rear wheels must do twice the sliding, resulting in the necessity to start sliding earlier at a higher drift angle, which ultimatley results in you taking longer than me to clear a hairpin or any other corner.

if we're on the same corner and you are countersteering while drifting and I am 4 wheel drifting , I will maintain less of a drift angle at a higher speed as well as being able to hook up and burn away sooner and faster.

what happens when you don't countersteer with those suspension settings ? your rear end spins around the front wheels that are gripping. what happens when you increase understeer and don't countersteer in the same situation ? you are in a balanced 4 wheel slide.

I strongly reccomend to set your front springs and damper to 8's and set your rear springs to 4 or 5 and rear damper to 6 or 7.

that is the way the car should be driven. you are right to not lower it too too much, that much is correct.

toe out in the front is okay, though i would go with less, or neutral, or slight toe in.

as for camber, i usually have less camber in the rear than in the front. I suspect you have high camber in the front for understeer but you just don't know it, and high camber in the back to reduce the contact patch in order to spin the tires more easily.

try doing 3.5 in front and 2.5 in rear for more traction all around, this will mean that when you are sliding you are decellerating the vehicle at a faster rate and therefore changing your direction more effectivley. your counter steering will slowly dissappear as you use these settings in time trial mode setting faster and faster lap times, and watch your aura grow and burn intense!
Lol who do you think you are? Ryosuke? Why do I need to go with your "way" when it's my tune? Why you forcing me to do what you do?

Fine, Whatever man.

You're obviously not getting what I'm trying to say.

All you want to do is do it your stupid way because you're too stubborn to take good advice even when I have the best intent.

I DARE you to set a lap on N1 front tires, ANY course, with less than 300hp, and I will TEAR you apart !

you will suck just as badly as you do now forever, as long as you continue to use your stupid ass tuning! I've given every reason WHY I am right, you've got NO justification for your tuning so just accept that I'm right and don't call me names. This isn't about name calling this is about you setting better lap times which you for some reason are resisting, it makes no sense ! >=/

Who said being the fastest was important, why you getting mad at a setup? You got some anger issues and I don't think you can tear me apart because it seems like your skills already suck. I already beat you with 1:55.941 so stop thinking you're better. Me being stubborn? Like what you started...

Last edited:
Fine, Whatever man.

All you want to do is do it your stupid way because you're too stubborn to take good advice even when I have the best intent.

I DARE you to set a lap on N1 front tires, ANY course, with less than 300hp, and I will TEAR you apart !

you will suck just as badly as you do now forever, as long as you continue to use your stupid ass tuning! I've given every reason WHY I am right, you've got NO justification for your tuning so just accept that I'm right and don't call me names. This isn't about name calling this is about you setting better lap times which you for some reason are resisting, it makes no sense ! >=/

Shall we put your theory to the test then?

Using the GTPlanet TAC rules, post a laptime of an Amuse S2000 GT1 on R1 tyres at Cicuit de la Comunitat Valencia Ricardo Tormo. Deadline is the 6th of September. Lets see whos faster.

Shall we put your theory to the test then?

Using the GTPlanet TAC rules, post a laptime of an Amuse S2000 GT1 on R1 tyres at Cicuit de la Comunitat Valencia Ricardo Tormo. Deadline is the 6th of September. Lets see whos faster.

Sorta like My Car Challenge?

Fine, Whatever man.

Dude, it's a freaking video game.

People tune as they wish. One person's horror show is another's dream. Stop complaining TrialMountain, the other guy can have his own tune, its not yours to decide.

I think the kid just tried it out only on the AE86 since he thinks the AE86 is the best car because of Initial D. AE86 is not the best but it's a fun car since it's light weight and plus there's lots of options to tune it. If he tried it out on the Amuse S2000 R1, maybe we wouldn't have this problem since he just complained B.S before he tested with the actual car to test with.

Last edited:
Okay I'll start driving the S2000 then.

I don't JUST like the trueno from initial D

I only found the show 10 days ago and finished it on the weekend, I've Always known the 86 was a sick ass drift car + I set up all my cars the same way, okay.

I'm going to lay down some sick ass times with this S2000 using MY tuning and you can see if you can come close to my exit speeds.

okay, i might after work.

but it will have nothing to do with my drift tuning, I'll be tuning the car for R1 tires.

lower ride, harder suspension than i normally run in both the front and the back, and less camber due to less suspension travel. since there are a lot of low speed corners I might be running a buttload of toe out front and back too, now that you know this you can retune your car and beat your old lap time. I bet I'll still squash you though.

TrialMountain
okay, i might after work.

but it will have nothing to do with my drift tuning, I'll be tuning the car for R1 tires.

lower ride, harder suspension than i normally run in both the front and the back, and less camber due to less suspension travel. since there are a lot of low speed corners I might be running a buttload of toe out front and back too, now that you know this you can retune your car and beat your old lap time. I bet I'll still squash you though.

I'll bet I can beat this kid.

Last edited:
If you want to drift, you need oversteer obviously. Now go back and learn how to tune a car for touge, because untill you do, you will be ridiculed.

Up to you, but first, read the AUP. Every post you have posted so far has been in violation of it.

well . . . not ALL of it, but I see what you're saying bruh. I'll just stop pushing the good advice so hard, I can't help to hate knowing that people out there who don't know any better are actually setting their suspension for oversteer then giving me back sass when I tell them how it's done.

Yo, Korza. I finally did a clean lap and I'm at 1:37:054 - is that going to beat you or am I going to have to go and fine tune this now ? ? I really hope this comes down to hundredths and thousandths on sept 6 but the less time I have to spend in this car the better so if I can win by seconds right off the bat I'll be happy with that too.

Back