- 2,568
- we're waiting for the PS4
- fishtailrook1 (?)
I believe, once, I read something that outright stated that wagons morphed into the equivalent of a "soccer Mom" car before most of us Americans ever heard of it!.. same thing apparently happened to minivans over the years, and I fully expect "crossovers" to fall to the same prejudice eventually.
i think part of it also has to do with the way the US auto insurance industry is set up. years ago, I got the impression that if it has more than 4 cylinders or less than 4 doors, it's considered a Sports Car, and garners a huge rate increase. also, my van and my SUV's have always been listed as "wagons" with the insurance industry.
Jondot: the two pics you've posted are perfect examples of why Americans consider the Hatchback to be a rusty piece of crap (Yugoslavia's take on the Fiat 124's didn't help, either) I like the Aspire personally (after all, they made the Puma out of it, and that little bugger impresses), but the Fiesta and Festiva that preceded it sure didn't impress.
i think part of it also has to do with the way the US auto insurance industry is set up. years ago, I got the impression that if it has more than 4 cylinders or less than 4 doors, it's considered a Sports Car, and garners a huge rate increase. also, my van and my SUV's have always been listed as "wagons" with the insurance industry.
Jondot: the two pics you've posted are perfect examples of why Americans consider the Hatchback to be a rusty piece of crap (Yugoslavia's take on the Fiat 124's didn't help, either) I like the Aspire personally (after all, they made the Puma out of it, and that little bugger impresses), but the Fiesta and Festiva that preceded it sure didn't impress.