- 98
- Toast-n-Bacon
I think this is a great idea, it's just I voted no to make the poll look like PAC man on my iPad 
I'm not against it. Just make the cost reflect real life costs. $250,000 plus should do.
Why?Show me someone, who have done this
So would managing a garage of 1000 cars.As many people say, it costs a lot time and money.
There really isn't much to think about. GT5 has basically no race rules in A-Spec. And the AI doesn't require much of anything to beat. Not to mention, one can simply but the whole tuning shop minus engine stages and weight reduction without thinking at all and go back and forth at will. Online you can probably always find a room for your car, but it's annoying that you might not be able to go to a different room if you decided you all of a sudden wanted to race stock road cars, but can't. PD should of course allow people like you to keep your tunes permanent, but such things do nothing for me. They're just a bother, like GT Auto.And tuning your car means making decisions. And you should think about what to do with a car.
There need to be consequences in the game, everything else would be too simple.
I'm not against it. Just make the cost reflect real life costs. $250,000 plus should do.
I think a lot of people seem to forget what exactly a weight reduction stage means. Now in Gran Turismo 4, those three weight reduction stages all had decriptions. I believe the first stages is where all unneccesary seats were removed, all noise deadening insulation was pulled out, interior panels. Second stage carbon body panels and then the last stage is where the whole exterior body is removed and replace with a carbonfiber one.
So right from the get-go, you do this to a car and I don't think it is meant to be undone. Or at least it would be easier to just purchase another car in stock form.
I always looked at it from the standpoint if I like a car enough to turn it into a track monster - then I'd always have the extreme, monster track car version and another completely seperate version with a few mods but mostly stock.
I think we should reconsider what the intention was behind these modifications. Perhaps some of you are looking at it as if the tuning section is just a toys-r-us for merely "track day cars" rather than what I believe their purpose was to make GT cars out of our favorite models. I guess another way of looking at it would be converting the CLK DTM race car back into some kind of stock car form. How unrealistic does that sound? Well IMO it would be the same thing. I think the disconnect comes from how Gran Turismo doesn't convey just how extremely modified these cars become.
Also over all my years playing video games, most especially racer/driving games, I've never seen a "convert to stock" option. Perhaps for things like paint jobs, maybe ever "reset to default settings" on customizable parts - but never completely stock.
Either way... voted no.
If you have the CLK55 AMG road car on the other hand, stripping it down to a trackday machine and then restoring the car to showroom condition would not be impossible.
Oh, it's very unrealistic, and a poor example at that. The CLK DTM is a race car, and was purpose-built as such. There is not a 'stock' condition for it to return to.
You can pretty much do that by purchasing a carbon bonnet but in the car body colour from the tuning shopat least undo for carbon bonnets![]()
I would probably rather just buy another stock version of the car.