An unbeatable question

Discussion in 'Forza Motorsport 5' started by FosterG, Dec 6, 2013.

1. FosterG

FosterG

Granted I am not an "ace" on this game, but I do dare to test the unbeatable ogres on certain tracks, and win my share. But I have noticed that in some cases, a car of similar specs can close a big lead down the stretch, but if they beat me to a long straightaway, it is over! What is your experience?

2. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that they've programmed in some rubberbanding. Without fail, within a few turns short of the finish line, the car in front of me will either slow down drastically or completely miss a turn and go off-road.

3. Kake Bake

Kake Bake (Banned)

Yeah, I've seen some videos of FM5 gameplay in which similarly powered cars rocket past the player on straights, then on the last corner serendipitously make a mistake and give the player the win.

4. FosterG

FosterG

They have not given me much, for sure, they just disappear. The really bad thing is trying to fight off two cars when you have a lead, I can do one but not two.

5. thelvynau

thelvynau Premium

My brothers driveatar always does this its always him!!!! He haunts me!!

FosterG likes this.
  6. ReverenceSatans

ReverenceSatans

Last corner crashes are probably because drivatar learning from some people who crash at the last section due to nerves or T10 forcing it as an assumption of what Forza players do.

It will either keep happening or eventually fade away.

7. VXR

VXR

How many players have their drivatar synced at 100%? Mine is still only 26%. Maybe until it's fully synced it still has to use AI variables?

8. FosterG

FosterG

Mine is at 49% and very aggressive.

9. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

Apparently they will only sync to 69% and the rest will come with new tracks

10. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

does it ever truly sync 100% :sly:

11. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

I'm curious to find out if it continues to learn beyond the 100% sync. I'm even more curious to find out if my Drivatar is kind of a dick (hey, sometimes the AI deserves it!).

mister dog and FosterG like this.
  12. FosterG

FosterG

I know mine must be!

HAL20XX likes this.
  13. Murcie_LP640

Murcie_LP640

I've never had any real trouble with the Unbeatable Drivatars. Helps my bank balance a fair bit.

However some of them have just been plain aggressive. The problem with Forza 4 with AI slamming up my backside in corners has been increased about three-fold with the Drivatars, some of them even on the straights just mosey on over when I'm passing them and chuck me straight off the track.

14. UKMikey

UKMikey

When things like that happen I reach for the rewind button. But not too often, as overuse can take a big chunk out of your winnings for that race.

After fiddling with car selection and upgrades I'm doing OK against the Pro level AI. Will try Unbeatable when I have a chance.

FosterG likes this.
  15. FosterG

FosterG

I just had a tough 16 lap race with Mr. unbeatable at Yaz Marina North, that blasted Dallara gave the E21 trouble for much of the race BUT ... big payday for me in the end! Need rest now.

Fezz_ST likes this.
  16. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

All I know is I'm getting real sick and tired of seeing @Fezz_ST above me in the mini leaderboard after each race. It will be my mission to dethrone you :lol:

FosterG and Fezz_ST like this.
  17. Fezz_ST

Fezz_ST

I really want to see my Drivatar in action @HAL20XX he must be epic :lol:

HAL20XX likes this.
  18. UKMikey

UKMikey

Probably a digression from the thread topic but does anyone else find themselves wishing that, when you beat a rival and the game picks the next one up the list for you to beat, it'd load the ghost for the new rival? It'd save you having to come right out of Rivals and going back in again to load the new ghost.

19. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

YES! I kept doing lap after lap thinking that was what it was doing (why tell me who my next rival is?), only to find out that I was throwing away opportunities to make more money.

20. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

I kind of like no ghost there, i noticed I ran a lap or two before beating the ghost rival then would run off 5 laps each faster than the previous.

21. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

But without backing out to the menu, you don't get paid for each subsequent rival. You're only getting paid for the first rival you beat.

UKMikey and BoneSawTX like this.
  22. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

i didn't even notice if they were still doing that

23. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

I'm pretty sure that's what happening. I only did that once (beat 3 rivals) and only netted $5k.

24. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

once I'm rolling I'm not stopping till i really butcher a turn, bouncing through a sand trap into a wall.

25. UKMikey

UKMikey

You'll get extra XP for running longer but that's about it as far as I can see. It would be so great to be able to beat multiple rivals in a row complete with ghosts and winnings. I'd never come out of Rivals mode lol.

HAL20XX and BoneSawTX like this.
  26. KinLM

KinLM

This may be slightly off topic but how do you race your own Drivatar? How do others race it?

27. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

If you can race your own Drivetar thats news to me, i don't think it's possible. It races in place of AI when your friends are playing single player, i think it's just random pick of whose drivetars are available.

28. KinLM

KinLM

None of my friends have FM5. If I add some people who play FM5 then would I likely see their Drivatars in races against me in single player?

29. BoneSawTX

BoneSawTX

YesYou will. I have around 45 friends and all play FM5. I only see a few names in my single player races i don't recognize.

30. HAL20XX

HAL20XX

Does anyone know if Drivatars select the same cars and liveries from your own garage or is it random?