Anakin's Descent *spoilers*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex.
  • 8 comments
  • 1,090 views

Alex.

FEED ME PEOPLE
Premium
Messages
8,835
England
Northamptonshire
Messages
AlexGibbo27


i love it​
 
Eh, that's was cool.


...minus Hayden.
 
anakin's descent or his degeneration?

Remember when we used to think that darth vader was cool and the ultimate bad guy. Instead it turns out that during episodes 4,5, and 6 he was just washed up but had no opposition. In fact, he was so washed up that he ended up being beaten by his inexperienced, 'training-incomplete' son. A shell of his former self. The first time I watched episode 4 again after watching the prequels, instead of liking darth, I just felt very sad for him. Poor fella. somebody give that man a hug.
 
yeah, i know what you mean
 
This video just goes to show that it is always the woman's fault. Love, relationships, emotions, all that stuff just get in the way. In the end it leads to lack of self control, jealousy, and eventually your downfall. :)

anakin's descent or his degeneration?

Remember when we used to think that darth vader was cool and the ultimate bad guy. Instead it turns out that during episodes 4,5, and 6 he was just washed up but had no opposition. In fact, he was so washed up that he ended up being beaten by his inexperienced, 'training-incomplete' son. A shell of his former self. The first time I watched episode 4 again after watching the prequels, instead of liking darth, I just felt very sad for him. Poor fella. somebody give that man a hug.
Since when was Luke inexperienced and training incomplete? If I recall Yoda's words were something along the lines of, "Complete is your training. Nothing more I can teach you." Luke was a Jedi Knight. He defeated Darth by releasing his feelings and beginning to give in to the dark side, but at the final moment regained control, turning from the final step that would have led to his fall.

This doesn't defend the fact that Ep. 1-3 ruins the image of Darth Vader, because they do. Most tyrants come up being intelligent, calm, and methodical. Darth Vader was a whiney brat who went insane over a woman and killed all his friends and allies. I want to an Ep. 3.5 that shows where he learns to become cool and methodical. Of course, I guess after a couple of decades of politics and playing the Emporer's enforcer you could adapt.

But I will always watch Ep. 4-6 separate from the prequels. I will not allow my Holy Trilogy to be marred by a washed up writer/director.
 
Since when was Luke inexperienced and training incomplete? If I recall Yoda's words were something along the lines of, "Complete is your training. Nothing more I can teach you."

Ya, but I think Yoda really wanted to say "Complete is your training. Nothing more can I teach you... because I am on my deathbed and will be gone within the next 10 minutes."


FookKiller
But I will always watch Ep. 4-6 separate from the prequels. I will not allow my Holy Trilogy to be marred by a washed up writer/director.

Here! Here!
 
Ya, but I think Yoda really wanted to say "Complete is your training. Nothing more can I teach you... because I am on my deathbed and will be gone within the next 10 minutes."
What? Just because he can't force run (that we see), or any of the other cool tricks we see in the prequels (which is possibly their only upside).
 
and the first 3 have some awesome lightsabre fights! especially anakin vs. obi-wan
 
Lightsaber fights literally make the prequels. They are completely worthless without them. The originals on the other hand, especially episode 4 and 5 would've been good without the lightsabers.

I agree that while Anakin was pretty much the man and ended up being a junkyard dog for the Emporer, the prequels completely take away his baddest man in the galaxy persona. Oh well, leave it to someone that's lost a once great vision to screw it up using CGI. :indiff:
 
Back