Andy Tudor Talks Project CARS 2 at The PC Gamer Weekender

Graphics aren't everything.

This game will have people thinking more about strategy, car care, maximizing car performance due to changing conditions.

It won't matter what car any of us use. It'll be about, how do we attack the race at hand. An awesome new experience, for many of us.

Graphics aren't everything.

This game will have people thinking more about strategy, car care, maximizing car performance due to changing conditions.

It won't matter what car any of us use. It'll be about, how do we attack the race at hand. An awesome new experience, for many of us.
Absolutely this.

Matchmaking filters in hosted public lobbies is a welcome addition. The tire flex modelling looks superb. Dynamic track conditions look state of the art. They've even got a path to a competitive racing license and a director/broadcaster function for livestreams. All coming together nicely.

Matchmaking filters in hosted public lobbies is a welcome addition. The tire flex modelling looks superb. Dynamic track conditions look state of the art. They've even got a path to a competitive racing license and a director/broadcaster function for livestreams. All coming together nicely.
Here's hoping by release day it's all solid and ready to go. :)

Once bitten, twice shy (PC1). But I have to say that I thoroughly admire their ambition, & the game is looking awsome on paper. Let's wait & see what it actually ends up delivering.

VBR
Once bitten, twice shy (PC1). But I have to say that I thoroughly admire their ambition, & the game is looking awsome on paper. Let's wait & see what it actually ends up delivering.
That is my point to , what they say and what will work must still been seen . Project Cars 1 was said by Ian Bell done for 99.99% at releas at least on PS4 only a little polish.... Never had so much landmines, invisibly wall's, grinding of the steering wheel, crash to the main screen and online issues with a racing game .

VBR

PCars1 is a great sim man. But must be played with a wheel to better appreciate.
Tell me something. Do you have a compatible wheel or is it a DS controller you use for racing?

PCars1 is a great sim man. But must be played with a wheel to better appreciate.
Tell me something. Do you have a compatible wheel or is it a DS controller you use for racing?

I have a Logitech G29, G25, Fanatec GT2 & CSR. Couldn't get into PC1 because of all the bugs & mind-bendingly complex FFB options. Only ever turned a few laps in the game.

VBR

I never understood those that felt betrayed by P Cars 1. I do not wish to start a war, but what did the game not deliver upon? It has great visuals, visceral sounds and the physics are quite thorough. Was it the single player that bit you?

VBR
I have a Logitech G29, G25, Fanatec GT2 & CSR. Couldn't get into PC1 because of all the bugs & mind-bendingly complex FFB options. Only ever turned a few laps in the game.

Seriously? You have a lot to say about a game you 'Only ever turned a few laps in'.
Sorry, but from now I can't take anything you say about PCARS seriously.

I never understood those that felt betrayed by P Cars 1. I do not wish to start a war, but what did the game not deliver upon? It has great visuals, visceral sounds and the physics are quite thorough. Was it the single player that bit you?
He only ever turned a few laps in so he can't have found that many bugs or any issues with the singleplayer aspect.

I'd been using my own cowboy FFB settings for well over a year and only fairly recently decided to go with Jack's 66% and the difference is massive. Feels far better now and i wish I'd run with that months ago.

Although i do have to say spending some months with Assetto Corsa was the reason i just had to go back and make my FFB feel more like that game.

But now i think my T300 is dying as it needs PC calibration every time i use the PS4! :banghead:

doing a little 15 men league since July 2015. 1 to 3 hour endurance races with all settings to real, different sorts of cars, not only GT3 as most professional leagues. There were only 2 breakups due to heavy Steam Network problems since then.
Yes, there are/were some annoying things inside, but never stopped us to have fun.
Love it or hate it. This guy seems a member of the second sort. ;)

I'd been using my own cowboy FFB settings for well over a year and only fairly recently decided to go with Jack's 66% and the difference is massive. Feels far better now and i wish I'd run with that months ago.

Although i do have to say spending some months with Assetto Corsa was the reason i just had to go back and make my FFB feel more like that game.

But now i think my T300 is dying as it needs PC calibration every time i use the PS4! :banghead:
My like was obviously for the first two paragraphs. Sucks that your T300 is on the way out.

What have you done to make it feel more like AC? I'm in the same boat there. Been using 66% individual settings per car just like you.

What have you done to make it feel more like AC? I'm in the same boat there. Been using 66% individual settings per car just like you.
That's all I've done. I sometimes take the master scale down a bit if the FFB feels too strong though. My previous settings felt so light after AC but now feel generally better all round than before.

Gotcha. Most cars have the master scale set low to begin with so I've been putting up to 100 but that's not enough. I'll try 200. Maybe increase SoP scale. If you notice most cars have master and SoP scale set to the same number.

VBR
I thought you ran through the career mode?

I don't blame anyone who bought the game at launch and experienced the sort of glitches and errors that plagued the title then. I've described my experience as "99% problem free" yet the problems I've experienced are still enough to make me nervous about longer races and turn me off from taking the career mode very seriously. If I had encountered multiple track landmines in my time with the game, I'd be reluctant to play any more than quick races or practice in solo mode.

Back