Angle for side monitorsPC 

• Thread starter SkylineR88
  • 7 comments
SwoopGTR
I am looking for some assistance in determining the best angles and pov for a triple monitor setup with 3x43 inch screens with an 8mm bezel.

It is very much personal preference along with other factors like space and the way your rig/desk is laid out. There is no right and wrong here. Some people want the triple setup vey much "in front" of them and some prefer it to be heavily wrapped around taking up a much larger % of their total field of view.

What you do need to get right is your field of view and there are online calculators to assist with that: http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/

Last edited:
Thanks Dazz555.

In your experience (anyone)
How do different angles affect how it looks ?
What is your setup like? Racing rig? Desk and chair? The setup will massively change which angles work best. For example heavily wrapped around screens only work for if you can get close enough to the centre screen to be really "in the middle" of it all.

That makes sense.
My setup consists of a Trak Race triple monitor stand and an GT Omega ART cockpit.

I can take some measurements later

I personally like 45* for the side monitors, but as @Daz555 said, it really depends on your setup and personal preferences.

I have a custom built, purpose built rig, so having the 45* gives me a good balance between being "wrapped up" and ease of access into and out of the rig. The key is making sure the sim of choice allows you to define all the numbers (screen size, distance form eyes, angles of side monitors, etc.

Due to space restrictions I have the left monitor at 75 degrees, and the right at 26. Visually there is no difference, as long as the correct parameters are entered on the triple screen setup pages the game renders everything correctly.
An added benefit of my setup that adds a bit to the immersion factor is that the left monitor is physically where the side window is, while the right monitor is like the right side of the windscreen, at least in LHD cars.

mysimrig.jpg

Due to space restrictions I have the left monitor at 75 degrees, and the right at 26. Visually there is no difference, as long as the correct parameters are entered on the triple screen setup pages the game renders everything correctly.
An added benefit of my setup that adds a bit to the immersion factor is that the left monitor is physically where the side window is, while the right monitor is like the right side of the windscreen, at least in LHD cars.

View attachment 784378
Have you ever gone to rest your arm out the side window & banged your elbow on the monitor :lol:

Back