Angle=speed? :-\

• Thread starter Picc84
  • 44 comments
Yea, i'm useing a wheel too, but its a ****ty 40$ one ;)

And Trico, i'll try out your suggestions soon. And yes i'm posting allot, i'm a lozer, nothing else. lol

Yea i can "SEE" that.....
a 40$ steering wheel isn't too bad if you want top quality, then your wheel should be steering your car if you turn the wheel like 10degrees in any direction, Mine is so dumb, its not even 360 degrees, you have to go beyond like 50 degrees to actually START steering, and it isnt even the minimum of steering....Its by NexxTech btw, not a really good brand...i want the logitech g25 aluminum wheel, that'll probably enhance my drifting skills and enjoyability a lot more after a week's practice.

Edit: Here's something you can try for AutoBacs MR2 Settings by someone else
I'll have mine put up within 3 days or so.

Try to post some videos Pic84.. We are anxious to see how you had get to!

My deepest respect for all members in this forum. I just can't believe everyone here is so humble, unselfish and polite! This is what a forum should be!!!! Good work to all the pals out there!

Allright I have some videos on my camea i'll upload now! lol

Yeah!!!! Thats what we want! Remember, we want before and after!

I thought you would understand what i meant by that. I meant if you can upload videos when you started drifting(before), and also videos after you had corrected your mistakes(after). This would be helpful for future members who wish to start drifting.

Before and after what? the wheel? or what you guys are saying? Because! Currently, I have none with the wheel, which is after you guys told me new stuff (man i suck with a wheel)

Wow you're posting quite frequently...
Look who's talking... :odd:
JK.

Picc84, try out a Subaru 22B STi with N3 tires front and N2 tires rear with stage 3 weight reduction and 330-360HP on Tsukuba, tought me well and helped me PWN in drifting. (Sort of...)

by changing you mean making the gear ratio tighter? to allow faster pick up..:):)

Not necessarily, just make sure you get torque when you want it.. The Supra has tons of midrange but it's not that nice near the redline

Ok, Sorry all! Should have had the video posted yesterday, unfourtionatly My computer froze when saving as the movie file in WMM. So i'll try and re-edit it today and post it up.

Oh, and theres a couple clips of the same turn, but there diffrent drifts, you will take notice. And hey CNG! Thanks, i'll go ahead and try that now!

It depends on the cars powerband.

Cars with a powerband where the HP just keeps rising higher and higher until you hit redline needs the tranny trick for quick pick up of speed while cars where the power falls off way before redline needs wider gears, and manual transmission to conpensate. (spelling?)

CNG
It depends on the cars powerband.

Cars with a powerband where the HP just keeps rising higher and higher until you hit redline needs the tranny trick for quick pick up of speed while cars where the power falls off way before redline needs wider gears, and manual transmission to confescate. (spelling?)

Uh....did you mean compensate?....I wouldn't want my manual tranny taken away from me

Yeah, thanks dking. :)

Picc, try drifting a Toyota MR2, or Mazda AZ-1. Both easy cars to drift without settings. Can be a handful due to the fact that they are MR.

Yea, CNG, i'm not to keen on the whole... MR class. It just seems that the lotus's seem to kick out so easily.

Rx7's kick out too much, Amuse R1's seem to be o..k.. and the street versian is to slippy

Yea, CNG, i'm not to keen on the whole... MR class. It just seems that the lotus's seem to kick out so easily.

Rx7's kick out too much, Amuse R1's seem to be o..k.. and the street versian is to slippy

that's why i dont use Rx-7's.. MR's are more harder to use in a lot of people's opinions becasue the main weight is applied to the steering wheels its applied evenly on all wheels, so when beginning a drift it's essential to know what you are doing in an instance while in an FR you can just about change anything during a drift.

I still choose to drift MR's becasue i have the habit to instantly countersteer after throwing the car off, and that's something needed for drifitng MR's. Also When i drift an FR i always end up pivoting, doing faulty donuts..you should know why, but whatever. I at time like to get back to drifting LMs. my gallery gots a whole load of 'em, too:), 0 TCS:) loads of wheelspin, loads of countersteer, loads of throttle control :):):) If I drift these aerodynamic machines, i just about no need to get into a trueno, FD, FC, GC, S2000, etc.👍

Back