Anniversary seasonals can't be completed at all?

• Thread starter cokefloat
  • 74 comments
United States
United States
Why do I have to look at all these events I am not allowed to enter?

I feel duped. I would have pre-ordered or bought the anniversary edition if one of the bonuses said "Exclusive Seasonal Events". I just figured it was some dumb car skins I really don't care about. I really didn't think PD wouldn't lock actual Events behind this type of wall and not mention it.

This is extra irritating because I bought the digital version, like an idiot. A friend just bought the game yesterday and got anniversary car codes in the box. Gamestop apparently has stacks of this "super limited" edition of the game.

Worst part is I am actually going to buy the dumb anniversary edition and trade it in.

Only thing "super limited" in AE is the steelbook version. Gamestop will most likely give those codes away even with used GT6 games.

I'm in the same position as you, I'm not even irritated, I'm more angry then ever. I love that game to the bits but now I start realise that creator or pd stopped care. Now they concentrate more on income rather then keep the same spirit like was with 5 previous series. On top of that they knew exactly that people will be upset about it and in the end they'll all gonna buy the anniversary edition ( how to make money twice on the same game)

Now they concentrate more on income rather then keep the same spirit like was with 5 previous series. On top of that they knew exactly that people will be upset about it and in the end they'll all gonna buy the anniversary edition ( how to make money twice on the same game)

The Anniversary edition cost the exact same as the regular game if you pre-ordered, and they're not selling Anniversary cars as DLC, so how does this in anyway show that they only care about money?

As far as I know the anniversary edition was at asda for £59.97 were stand art one was for £ 39.97. No one ever said that there will be some events for anniversary cars only. They've said that there will be dlc to choose and nothing more.
When I choosed my game edition, I thought that I'll be able to do the same gameplay as other edition ( anniversary one ) just will take longer and harder to get there.
As far I understand before buying, all choice was looking like with gt5 and GT 5 XL etc, like collectors edition and simple one.
If they don't care about money why they didn't warned everyone via website?
Now to explore all game content you have to buy anniversary ed.
Guys dont get me wrong, I will defo buy Ann.ed. even tomorrow as I start my holiday:) I love that game since 1998. I have every vrsion of gran turismo plus every PS console. But what I don't understand is why they havent said nothing before coz I followed all differences between those two editions closely before buying.

That's the point I didn't get any codes or staff with game.
Yes I do love that game and for that reason ive planed to go from bottom to the top with stand art version.
Anyway im gonna visit game store today and will sorted out this problem.

The Precision Pack was a free preorder bonus at participating retailers. Your ire should be saved for ASDA*, who apparently didn't care enough about the consumer to participate in the preorder bonus scheme to give you those five cars, when GAME, Gamestop, Amazon, Play.com and others all did.

But you know why they chose not to participate? It's because it doesn't matter - they can pile them high and sell them two or three pence cheaper than dedicated gaming retailers, because consumers will price compare and buy from them. Or pick it up in store while doing their weekly shop. They don't participate because they don't have to - they'll sell them anyway, without the hassle of dealing with games company PR departments. And consumers who don't care enough beyond the balance sheet will lap it up.

So you know why you didn't get the five preorder bonus cars? It's because you bought into the cycle - sure it may have been accidental, bought for convenience on your way past, or because ASDA is your local store and it's a trek to get to a town centre/shopping centre. You didn't care enough about you to get the game from a retailer to whom it does matter and it's only through this 15AE car-exclusive event that you've realised this. Next time opt out of the cycle and support your gaming retailers.

*And the other supermarkets for that matter

The Precision Pack was a free preorder bonus at participating retailers. Your ire should be saved for ASDA*, who apparently didn't care enough about the consumer to participate in the preorder bonus scheme to give you those five cars, when GAME, Gamestop, Amazon, Play.com and others all did.

But you know why they chose not to participate? It's because it doesn't matter - they can pile them high and sell them two or three pence cheaper than dedicated gaming retailers, because consumers will price compare and buy from them. Or pick it up in store while doing their weekly shop. They don't participate because they don't have to - they'll sell them anyway, without the hassle of dealing with games company PR departments. And consumers who don't care enough beyond the balance sheet will lap it up.

So you know why you didn't get the five preorder bonus cars? It's because you bought into the cycle - sure it may have been accidental, bought for convenience on your way past, or because ASDA is your local store and it's a trek to get to a town centre/shopping centre. You didn't care enough about you to get the game from a retailer to whom it does matter and it's only through this 15AE car-exclusive event that you've realised this. Next time opt out of the cycle and support your gaming retailers.

*And the other supermarkets for that matter

Harsh.

The reality of consumer trends.

If you only buy from where's cheapest/most convenient, the cheapest and most convenient places have no incentive to be better. In fact you could make an argument that this kind of consumer habit has directly lead to things like preorder bonuses and special Collectors editions of games as games stores try to offer more and dev PRs try to stand out, making for two-tier gaming.

I don't think I'd ever buy a game from a supermarket.

And a person could have done some research to see what the AE edition pre-order included. Bunch of free cars? Here's my $5 to hold it. But I can see some upset ness with the huge payouts for these two events and not being able to enter. Anyway GT5 was a little similar, there were all those Stealth and Chromeline cars only a few people had and iirc there was a NaScar at Nurburgring event early on when only mad grinders would of had enough credits to buy a Nascar.

Can someone make a sticky about the 15th Anni Car Seasonals? There are now three threads in this section about how someone can't get into the event or doesn't know how, and I don't want to know how many more will be put up. I mean, THERE'S ONLY ONE PAGE IN THIS SECTION!!! A new thread is completely unnecessary, just post in one of the other ones.

I
Come on, it's just a seasonal event.

If you loved the game you would have pre-ordered it and got 5 Anniversary Cars at least. (I got 10 for pre-ordering the standard version of GT6)
i have 25 anniversary cars for pre order

I think why some people are annoyed is because, like me, it didn't mention anywhere that there would be some events you couldn't enter unless you bought a certain edition of the game. I love the time trial Seasonal Events and spent most of my game time playing them, so for a few extra to be shown that I can't play is quite annoying.

I think why some people are annoyed is because, like me, it didn't mention anywhere that there would be some events you couldn't enter unless you bought a certain edition of the game. I love the time trial Seasonal Events and spent most of my game time playing them, so for a few extra to be shown that I can't play is quite annoying.

Well, they have to give something to the ones who bought for exclusivity. It's kinda like saying "thanks, for supporting our Anniversary", "here's some exclusive races to participate in".

The ones who haven't got the anniversary edition, miss out! I, an AE holder, expect to see more exclusive races, I mean, why have the cars an no where to use them really?

I've sorted out, the easiest way is to go on eBay and just search gran turismo codes and for £3.99 you can get one pack of your choice. Thanks

I've seen a lot of people complaining about this. Makes me laugh really, a game with the size and scope of GT6 and people are getting stroppy because they can't enter two events...

There will be more events like this remember game came out just nearly 20 days ago

What is truly upsetting about this was that I didn't even know gt6 was coming out as I'd been very busy the last few months when it was announced, so when I saw it pop up on psn, I immediately bought it. I've supported gt for 15 years, having bought every version of the game for console (never had a psp), so not even being given the option to buy a digital upgrade to the anniversary edition, or a dlc pack of a few anniversary cars for exclusive seasonal events is somewhat insulting.

I really wouldn't mind dishing out an extra 5-10 bucks to get a few cars so i could compete. You'd think PD would be all for adding a dlc pack like this considering how you can buy credits, which is absurd in and of itself.

as adrian has already stated above....... an eBay search for 'gran turismo 6 code' will get you some of the cars for a little cash.

No codes for American psn accounts on eBay for the past week. First place I looked.
PLEASE TRY GO TO EBAY.CO.UK AND THEN BUY THEM AS SELLER WILL SEND YOU A CODE VIA EMAIL ADRRESS SO THERE IS NO LIMIT ON WHICH CONTINENT YOU ARE. GOOD LUCK

I was pretty annoyed by this too. I DID PRE ORDER THE GAME ON PSN. I got 5 AV cars. but they are all too fast for the events. The closest car I have to 550PP is the corvette and I just cant get gold with it.

I was pretty annoyed by this too. I DID PRE ORDER THE GAME ON PSN. I got 5 AV cars. but they are all too fast for the events. The closest car I have to 550PP is the corvette and I just cant get gold with it.

drop the power of the cars down to meet requirments

Latest Posts

Back