Anniversary seasonals can't be completed at all?

• Thread starter cokefloat
  • 74 comments
Just take the recommended car (the one in the picture of the seasonal), drive it 1 or 2 laps and you get a couple million. It's really easy.

No, you shouldn't, because it's a little extra reward for those people who got the Anniversary Edition, or at least pre-ordered the game. The fact you didn't means you've missed out, you can't complain about it being awkward transferring between saves when you missed out on the easiest way of getting these cars.

Seems like you missed the point of my post. I would think PD would rather sell the anniversary upgrade or cars as dlc than let people sell the codes on eBay. Their loss...

And as others have mentioned on this forum, you can still buy the anniversary edition in stores since so many were ordered. I just happened to jump on the day 1 digital through psn, wanting to support my favorite racing game, not thinking I'd be missing out on anything.

Seems like you missed the point of my post. I would think PD would rather sell the anniversary upgrade or cars as dlc than let people sell the codes on eBay. Their loss...

And as others have mentioned on this forum, you can still buy the anniversary edition in stores since so many were ordered. I just happened to jump on the day 1 digital through psn, wanting to support my favorite racing game, not thinking I'd be missing out on anything.

Ah right, I see what you mean now, seems PD just had a little oversight in the codes being able to be sold and still work. There should definitely be an anniversary upgrade option though, that'd made a lot of sense definitely.

If the GT5-6 transition is anything to go by, all the anniversary cars will be freely available in the dealerships from launch in GT7 anyway :P

This is so wrong, it is beyond words. The way to get people to preorder your games is not by offering pointless skins of cars that are already in the game, but building up a name for delivering a finished premium product . There is a reason many people didn't preorder after the rubbish GT5 was (at least at launch). What really irritates me is that they are treating their clients that bought the game at full price after launch as second grade players. I don't care about the time trial itself, but the money I can win from it. And I damn right need it when I'm again locked out of the cars I paid real money for.
Not only the digital copy comes only in standard version, but it doesn't state anywhere you need the anniversary edition or you will be forbidden to participate fully in the online aspect of the game.
I honestly see no point in making this stupid requirement. Do they expect us to buy the game again for the carpack?

Why do I have to look at all these events I am not allowed to enter?

I feel duped. I would have pre-ordered or bought the anniversary edition if one of the bonuses said "Exclusive Seasonal Events". I just figured it was some dumb car skins I really don't care about. I really didn't think PD wouldn't lock actual Events behind this type of wall and not mention it.

This is extra irritating because I bought the digital version, like an idiot. A friend just bought the game yesterday and got anniversary car codes in the box. Gamestop apparently has stacks of this "super limited" edition of the game.

Worst part is I am actually going to buy the dumb anniversary edition and trade it in.

I preorder the super special limited edition Gamestop pack which turns out isn't so limited. Or gamestop grossly overestimated the number of people who would be flocking to purchase GT 5.5 um....GT 6. I don't blame you for feeling annoyed that there are special events for anniversary game owners. Even though I am one, I don't think that's right to do to the other players.

I won't go so far as to say its unfair because what's fair and what's not has been incorrectly redefined in out modern culture. This is just another slap in the face of players on the part of PD, further illiustrating the growing alienation from the people who play the game from those who profit from it.

Ah right, I see what you mean now, seems PD just had a little oversight in the codes being able to be sold and still work. There should definitely be an anniversary upgrade option though, that'd made a lot of sense definitely.

If the GT5-6 transition is anything to go by, all the anniversary cars will be freely available in the dealerships from launch in GT7 anyway :P
Haha, =P yep, they just lost the $15 I spent for a 5 car code on ebay. (Finally someone posted some for NA PSN accounts =D)

Strange, here in the US you sorta had to go well out of your way to get any other version that isn't the 15th anniversary... At retail anyway.

Strange, here in the US you sorta had to go well out of your way to get any other version that isn't the 15th anniversary... At retail anyway.

So I've heard =[

I actually jumped on the day-1 digital on psn, so no AE for me. Just glad I can compete now =]

So I've heard =[

I actually jumped on the day-1 digital on psn, so no AE for me. Just glad I can compete now =]
I get the frustration when pd release a poultry 3 events and one is not accessible to some.

Perhaps if they released 5+ events and a single exclusive event it might now be as big a deal... It's not like they are hard to do... They are using a simple CMS tool as they are updated without needing to DL anything...

I was shocked to get 2 of the AE packs having bought the game after Christmas from www.shopto.net. They must not have used up their pre-order quota (I don't think it was the cheapest place, but I'm loyal thanks to getting all pre-orders at least day before release).

I didn't get any of the Stealth cars with GT5 pre-order though from same site, and it never ruined my enjoyment of the game. These seasonal events will be long forgotten about soon enough anyway.

So by your logic if pd released a dlc car pack and you didnt purchase it and a few weeks later pd created a seasonal event you would be upset?

I bought the signature edition of gt5 so you were upset in not be able to enter the b spec challenge to win the Mercedes?

Just take the recommended car (the one in the picture of the seasonal), drive it 1 or 2 laps and you get a couple million. It's really easy.
I think you are missing the point which a few have mention here, that they don't have all of the pre-order Anniversary cars such as the R18 - corrct me if I'm wrong though.

I think you are missing the point which a few have mention here, that they don't have all of the pre-order Anniversary cars such as the R18 - corrct me if I'm wrong though.
... I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote that.

Back