Annoying features that MUSTN'T implemented for next GT

• Thread starter o000o
  • 88 comments
Indonesia
Indonesia
What's infuriating is that PD making some decisions out of nowhere that is very annoying. Those that MUSTN'T be implemented for GT7 or whatever next GT can be some of the following, either already done or not done yet features:
  • Credit limit (GT5, GT6, GTS)
  • Unfair penalty (GT4's Mission & Special Events)
  • Unable to sell (prize) cars (GTS)
  • Disallowing 'special cars' to enter events (GT4, and sort of in GT5 like for F1 cars)
  • Forcing to save online (GTS)
  • Forcing to buy certain car (GT6)
  • (Prediction) Following some other racing game footsteps to only able to have 1 copy of 1 car in garage
Give feedback about those lists and/or add more of annoying features you found/predict will happen.

ITT.....
giphy.gif

Having only a small fraction of the cars to use as recommended/courtesy cars in Arcade Mode as opposed to having all the cars in the game in Arcade Mode for players to sample for whatever purposes, and not updating it.

That's why they better make it like the earlier Forza games, the best example being Motorsport 4, where you can select any out of all the cars in the game in Arcade Mode (and any new cars that arrive from DLC's and/or content updates will also become instantly available), but are only restricted to the following:

• Only car-specific colors/liveries from the color selection
  • No upgrades
  • No custom liveries
  • Basic adjustable tuning, depending on the car
  • Credits, experience points and Mileage Points will not be earned
  • Progress with the Daily Workout won't be tracked driving Arcade Mode cars

Back in GT4 you'd start with roughly a third of all the cars in the game, then you'd unlock more in GT mode, but because of DLC, that could be indefinite.

In fact they could start as early as implementing that in GT Sport, before GT7.

Yes, you can still have the option to use the cars you have purchased and/or acquired (cars from your Garage), which can receive those benefits.

Last edited:
Hands down the entire concept of having to buy cars. Just make them available, all of them, it's just pointless and annoying.

I've felt like this for years. Devs want to make sure people play the game but grinding until I get what I want with every game I buy is tedious. Especially since I'm not a jobless teenager anymore.

Hands down the entire concept of having to buy cars. Just make them available, all of them, it's just pointless and annoying.
That's how GT Sport (and to an even greater extent, GT: PSP) should have always been like and it was absurd that they turned it into a padded grind fest when it's a multiplayer centric title; but I've never been sure that should be the case for real GT games. Certainly there are dumpster fires in the series (GT5, especially before the credit bonus and after the servers were shut down, was particularly nasty and it was never good with how bad the game progression was designed), but that structure seems fine to me when the surrounding game isn't a horrific mess to slog through. GT2 and GT3 both did it much better, but even GT4 (which was grindy at times) at least let you functionally skip it with B-Spec.

Not that, granted, I expect PD to actually be able to develop a thought out single player experience to compliment the car purchasing game design ethos at this point.

They need to make it so that offline gameplay components aren’t reliant on online connectivity. For example, you should be able to access Brand Central without an internet connection. You should also be able to save Arcade or Campaign progress offline.

If your internet bricks, the game is virtually unplayable until it gets restored. It has to be one of the most bizarre features I’ve ever witnessed in modern gaming. Save the online requirement for what’s actually online: content uploads/downloads, sharing, lobbies, and Sport Mode.

Last edited:
I image it's twice the work though, to ensure offline and online are mirrored.

Just go online already, jesus it's 2020 nearly, gonna be Terminator's and stuff and you're playing offline.

They need to make it so that offline gameplay components aren’t reliant on online connectivity.

For example, you should be able to access Brand Central without an internet connection. You should also be able to save Arcade or Campaign progress offline.

If your internet bricks, the game is virtually unplayable until it gets restored. It has to be one of the most bizarre features I’ve ever witnessed in modern gaming

Save the online requirement for what’s actually online: content uploads/downloads, sharing, lobbies, and Sport Mode.

Japan is weird. Kaz is Japanese, & is a bit weird too. Weird people design weird games, & GT has always been a bit weird. The series has always been as fun as it is frustrating, as brilliant as it is bonkers, & as stupendous as it is stupid. I doubt that anything will change much game design wise, as it's being made by the same imperfect geniuses who still have the same imperfections. Better hardware will make little to no difference as regards seemingly insane game design decisions. There was a time when I made lists...

:indiff:

I image it's twice the work though, to ensure offline and online are mirrored.

Just go online already, jesus it's 2020 nearly, gonna be Terminator's and stuff and you're playing offline.
It's not only about being able to play offline, but about game preservation. I can fire up my PSX and my copy of GT (actually I can't because my console is broken, but you get what I mean :P) and play the game. When GT Sport eventually gets delisted and its servers closed, you literally won't be able to play the game.

It's not only about being able to play offline, but about game preservation. I can fire up my PSX and my copy of GT (actually I can't because my console is broken, but you get what I mean :P) and play the game. When GT Sport eventually gets delisted and its servers closed, you literally won't be able to play the game.

There will just be another game though, or we move to an ongoing game that gradually improves and moves to a subscription model.

That's what I'm saying. So much of the content that's traditionally been offline needs internet connectivity in GTSport. It really shouldn't be that way.

There will just be another game though, or we move to an ongoing game that gradually improves and moves to a subscription model.
Yes, but even with GTS on the market people still play the older games. Same with Forza, Mario Kart or any other franchise.

When you have gamemodes that could perfectly work offline, forcing people to play online if they want to progress is incredibly stupid. Will a ton of people play GTS in 8 years? Probably not, but it's still important to make sure that those who want to do it are able to do it in some way.

Daily reward cars. No feeling of achievement, no satisfaction.
And someone here asked to get rid of buying cars altogether and give them all the cars and tracks (essentially, means players who started are rewarded with every single car in this game, much more than those daily rewards). Wow so conflicted.

And someone here asked to get rid of buying cars altogether and give them all the cars and tracks (essentially, means players who started are rewarded with every single car in this game, much more than those daily rewards). Wow so conflicted.
Rent cars like in Forza. Just the perfect solution IMO.

Yes, but even with GTS on the market people still play the older games. Same with Forza, Mario Kart or any other franchise.

When you have gamemodes that could perfectly work offline, forcing people to play online if they want to progress is incredibly stupid. Will a ton of people play GTS in 8 years? Probably not, but it's still important to make sure that those who want to do it are able to do it in some way.

Yeah, even with the servers for GT5 and GT6 being down, there are still different modes that players can participate in offline. As you said, when the servers for GTS go down, the game as presently constituted will be rendered unplayable.

Whoa-what? Racing your way to a better car via prize money is the whole point. IIRC, in GT4 you started with just enough scratch to buy an 86 or some other hoopty, (yeah, I'm the ONE guy who bought the Pontiac...) and had to tune and win your way upwards. With the used car marketplace, you could get some cool stuff- I remember finding a used Skyline GTS-T and praying it would still be there after I won a couple more events so I could afford it. (It was- silver!) Anyone remember getting the Hakosuka as a prize after one of the Japanese events? What a cool car! GT6 even foisted a Honda Fit on us as a starter car- I've never been so motivated to earn game cr and sell a car in my life! This is what makes Gran Turismo, Gran Turismo.

-Car roulette, it's just cruel seeing a Ferrari 330 P4 and a Daytona Coupe on the roulette only for it to land on a forgotten Gr. 4 or Gr. B car for the eleventh time, and we know that the roulette result is predetermined even before the thing starts to spin, so I just want to see it gone - Replace it with a single car driving out of some curtains or a dark road and then revealing itself to be our prize, much better.

-Credit limit, It's completely pointless to have it in the game at all.

-Not having races without fuel consumption/tire wear/mechanical damages in arcade mode...For me all single player races should have these, licenses and challenges as well, just keep the option to turn them off for custom races and lobbies, default should be having them on and set to "real" for me.

-Penalties for overtaking ghosted players under yellow flag, I know I'm supposed to treat a ghosted player as a solid player instead of exploiting the feature but sometimes I player runs off the road and gets instantly respawned back in the road in the spam of seconds, and in corners I can't react quick enough to avoid them unless I forfeit my pace and positions and throws myself off the road...Either that or removing the respawn ability which I find equaly annoying.

Last edited:
CAR CLASSING MECHANICS

That's one of my biggest gripes about GT Sport. Only power is taken into account, no weight, no downforce etc. S-FR Concept is immensely OP in anything from N400 downwards because of its downforce. GT3 RS is in the same class as 1980's Lambo Countach, all that, i could rant for days

And did i even mention the Gr.X? One of the most stupid decisions ever. So many good, competitive, fun to drive cars wasted because you can't use them anywhere besides One Make races in Arcade

@WheelmanSteve The best starter car in GT4 were iirc....the first Lancer Evo
@Pedinhuh Yet everyone says GT3 is best GT ever, that has the car roulette which is exact same as in GTS. Although I can say car roulette should have equal cars there.
@TetsuKobura I already said that about not being able to sell cars; ****ing annoying, your garage are filled with unecessary cars, and it restricts your garage if garages have limit.
@OJT6627 I agree that the class system in GTS is based merely on car's horsepower (dammit why we're going back into earlier GT for performance grading...). Obviously not as other racing games also have classes, but for GTS should back to be based on car's overall performance (use PP for overall but PP divides to different class, or give the total amount of car's stats), not just horsepower.
The Gr. X one you complained is similar to GT4 complaint? (where you can't bring certain car because they are 'special car')

Features that must be fixed;

GT League races where you start 2km behind the leader.

A rally mode that neither resembles rally nor rallycross.
But isn't GT offline AI is easy enough to win even if you start 2k behind?

Rally mode complaint is more connected to, the overall offline mode.

But isn't GT offline AI is easy enough to win even if you start 2k behind?

Rally mode complaint is more connected to, the overall offline mode.

AI is easy, but there's a catch:

1) AI immensely rubberbands when you reach the said 1st place in half of the GT League races. No matter how more powerful your car is, they'll always catch up
2) AI is aggressive, and it became even worse after the last update. I already lost count of how many times i've been punted, rammed, squashed into sidewalls etc. I got rammed on a straight a couple of times. A straight! We drive on a straight, i overtake the opponent, and he just veers and sideswipes me into the grass/wall/sandtrap. So bloody irritating
3) Complementing the previous catch: AI has zero awareness of their surroundings and drive strictly on the precalculated driving lines. They don't give a **** if your car appears on their way. If you overtake them from the outside on a corner and stick to the outside, giving them enough space on the inside, they'll still drive on the "out-in-out" trajectory and swipe you off the road like you are not even there. GT5's AI was much better in that regard
4) When games like PCars 2 offer qualifying modes before races and stuff, GTS's approach looks very outdated. Hell, even in GT5 you started from the middle of the pack in a proper 25-30 meters aside rolling start. And it was perfectly fine: if you were bad, you'd lose places, if you're good you'd win and if you were average, you'd stick in the middle. Here, you start every race dead last and the 1st place is 1 minute away from you, if not further

I hope GT7's AI will be much better. GTS'es is just broken af

Back