Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
"...The Online Mode of GT4 was supposed to be "On-line", but due to lag problems, PD decided to release GT4 with only a online LAN mode. This means that only GT4 players connected to a router can play at the same time. Although it's still up to 6 players, this is a dissapointment for the GT community. There have been reports that PD will release a Online version of the game later this year. Here are some features that should be included:"

"...I know this might be a stupid question, but I tried to do a lan race with two PS2 equipped with the network modem and connected by an ethernet cable but it didn't work. Can somebody tell me how to do this please. Thanks"

Above are two "quotes". One from one of the updated FAQs contained within this thread, and the other is an unanswered question.

I'm looking to start up my basement GT racing again this winter. I have a question and I've done some research (see above): Can up to six players really connect together? From what I've gathered ilink is truly dead... port not on the new PS2s and even if I had six older PS2s (with ilink), GT4 has no option for ilink. Is that correct? However from what I've gathered reading the particular FAQ from the above quote, it seems as if six players CAN connect via "LAN mode". Is this correct? Has anyone actually done this? If so, could you outline everything I would need to get this going?

Sorry if this question is obvious to the GT4 folks here. I haven't yet purchased the game since I want to make sure connection is possible with other players before I do so.

IF SO I have a 6port 4 pin firewire port and 8 4pin-4pin cables for sale. ;)

Thanks!!!

I think you hit the up/down buttons on the D-pad, and then a little dialogue will pop up asking if you want to add the car to your favorites list.

And welcome to GTPlanet highboy424, hope you enjoy your stay here. :cheers:

Back