Answers To All Of Your GT4 Questions

• Thread starter usernamed
  • 724 comments
Hi, I've got one problem. I'm right now in the Professional Hall, and I want to start racing the "Race of NA Sports" Every car I take, it sais: Restricted to car's with NA type Engines. There is no Type NA as far as i know. With witch car can I drive this event?

Larz

Larz
Hi, I've got one problem. I'm right now in the Professional Hall, and I want to start racing the "Race of NA Sports" Every car I take, it sais: Restricted to car's with NA type Engines. There is no Type NA as far as i know. With witch car can I drive this event?

Larz
you need to have the NA tuning in your car to join this race stage 3 Na is 65000cr in the pal version

Larz

Larz

This race is for cars with no TURBO....... i used a stock Cadilac Cien which i wone on one of the rally races....

I guess my question is, why wouldnt it make more sense for Gran Turismo to design the game to have these cars come with the cheaper, less quality Street Tires when you first buy the cars and force you to purchase the Sport Tires as an UPGRADE?.....doesnt this make more sense from a progressive standpoint?

Who in their right mind is going to change their better stock sport tires and downground to regular N tires if they give slower times and less handling??....what is the tradeoff or point for using these tires at all?....can someone elaborate on this?

Also my 2nd question, forgive me if it sounds stupid but I have just started playing the GT series games but I was wondering if the car upgrade strategy is just to simply upgrade your entire car to the most expensive parts all the time or is there a more complex 'matching' certain parts with other parts strategy that would yield better car performance?

Usually, I just keep upgrading each of my cars to the most expensive flywheels, drivetrains, brakes, engine upgrades, turbo, ect ect......is this the right strategy?

3rd question, I still cannot use MANUAL SHIFTING yet.....I use AUTO, is this going to absolutely be a disadvantage or can I compete with manual shifting drivers...are there any AUTO SHIFT tips I can use to get more out of AUTO that I am not aware of?....someone mentioned somewhere that you can hold another button or something to force it to rev higher or shift quicker???....can someone expalin?

Lisa_Bonami
I guess my question is, why wouldnt it make more sense for Gran Turismo to design the game to have these cars come with the cheaper, less quality Street Tires when you first buy the cars and force you to purchase the Sport Tires as an UPGRADE?.....doesnt this make more sense from a progressive standpoint?

Who in their right mind is going to change their better stock sport tires and downground to regular N tires if they give slower times and less handling??....what is the tradeoff or point for using these tires at all?....can someone elaborate on this?
i guess that is because the average player would be disappointed by the poor performance of his cars...

I CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO PLAY ONLINE.... I CONNECT TO MY MODEM AND EVERYTHING, BUT SOMEONE TOLD ME I NEED A SEPERATE MODEM FOR THE PS2? SOMEONE HELP ME OUT....AND DAMN IT MY CAPS ARE ON :ouch:

Hi Guys,
This is my first message to the forum and apologize if my question is a repeated one.
I need a car to win GT world championship at the end of the Professional Events.
I tried it with NissaN Motul 350 Z, Nissan Xanavi Skyline GT-R, Nissan Falken GT-R and many other but I do not have any chonce to win.
Any recommendations???

tulku
Hi Guys,
This is my first message to the forum and apologize if my question is a repeated one.
I need a car to win GT world championship at the end of the Professional Events.
I tried it with NissaN Motul 350 Z, Nissan Xanavi Skyline GT-R, Nissan Falken GT-R and many other but I do not have any chonce to win.
Any recommendations???
Win the 24 hours Nurburgring race in B-spec, then you will recive the F1 car.
So the soultion is (at the easiest way) is the F1 car ;)

Does NOS work on every car? I've fitted it to a 1970's Celica GT, i have the red bar on when I'm driving, and R1 doesnt do anything. I'm sure my R1 button does work because I use it to switch screens with B-Spec.

ajprice
Does NOS work on every car? I've fitted it to a 1970's Celica GT, i have the red bar on when I'm driving, and R1 doesnt do anything. I'm sure my R1 button does work because I use it to switch screens with B-Spec.

you should be able to hear a whooshing sound when you hit R1

but by default NOS isn't set for max power.

I have yet to find a car that its improved when using NOS

my Fiat 500 '69 works with NOS

hope that answer's your questions.

laters

liam0114
i use nos as an overtake button for a short boost rather than a sustained increase in power

it really depends on what type of car you are driving. with a 31bhp midget you kinda need it all the time, or at least I do.

although I'm sure when I move on to the car's with much more power I'll be doing the same thing

laters

Can you use your cars from GT Mode in Arcade mode? Because i remember in GT3 you had a User Garage i think it was called, and you could use the cars from GT Mode in Arcade Mode. Is this possible to do in GT4 ?

Thanks! :)

Hi there
I'm new around and wanna ask you something. My brother's coming to Spain next month and he asked me if I wanted the GT4. 'Course I want! but i'd like to know if I'll have problems with the game since it was bought in the UK... Spain's also PAL so there shouldn't be problems, no? Well, sorry for my English and hope an answer.
Thankx!

If you think you are up to the task here is your chance to prove you are the best GT4 driver in the UK.

The offical PlaySation® GT4 UK Challenge will be held over three weeks: The winner will be the participant with the fastest time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife track using any car from the game.

Entry to the challenge commences on 20th May 2005 and closes on 8th June 2005 ("Closing Date").

After the Closing Date the participant with the fastest time will be contacted to send proof of their time to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe via a saved replay on PlaySation®2 Memory Card.

Check out the link to the competition and Good Luck!! http://www.gt4league.com/qualifying/

What countries have what kind of game? I looked at the car list and it said PAL and NTSC. What the hell is that??

Im in Australia. Can someone tell me which vresion I have so I can choose which one I read.

Back