Any advice on Tuning to prevent uncontrollable FR Cars?

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 3 comments

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
United States
NJ/USA
Blitzbay
Blitzbay
Trying to use the Ford V8 Supercar and failed spectacularly. Car would jump out of line if I hit the pedal too quickly. Is this just an issue with the FR cars or all A class and up cars?

I can't tell you specifically, but there are some things you can try. Do them one at a time and see what works for you.

Add rear toe in, not too much all at once though.
Raise the rear ride height.
Soften the rear springs.
Soften the rear dampers.
Add rear aero, if you can.
Play with your rear camber, although which direction will depend. Experiment a little. :)
Move your brake balance forward.

Failing that you may just have to learn to be more gentle with the throttle. It's a very, very powerful car. I don't have FM5, but in iRacing you have to be unbelievably careful with the throttle. You can only really floor it when the car is perfectly straight or you'll be fighting it the whole way. I doubt FM5 is much different.

I can't tell you specifically, but there are some things you can try. Do them one at a time and see what works for you.

Add rear toe in, not too much all at once though.
Raise the rear ride height.
Soften the rear springs.
Soften the rear dampers.
Add rear aero, if you can.
Play with your rear camber, although which direction will depend. Experiment a little. :)
Move your brake balance forward.

Failing that you may just have to learn to be more gentle with the throttle. It's a very, very powerful car. I don't have FM5, but in iRacing you have to be unbelievably careful with the throttle. You can only really floor it when the car is perfectly straight or you'll be fighting it the whole way. I doubt FM5 is much different.
Yeah I'm a bit surprised of the learning curve from the Clio to anything faster than that. Different animals altogether.

I thought of something else. V8 Supercars have a locked rear diff in real life. Dunno about in game, but in FM4 at least the race diff settings were always far too high for my liking.

If you can loosen off the diff even a bit it will likely help a lot.

Back