Any current uk leagues?

• Thread starter Tomstevo15
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Not great on this forum business, quite new to it all.
Looking for a league to join where people actually join a chat too. I have seen the SNAIL league but the start times of 02.30hrs GMT is a bit too late for me.

Does anyone have anything UK based with rules where aggressive drivers are actually kicked out etc. Like I said, SNAIL looks great but just bad timing for me.

Thanks you,
Tom

Hi Tom, also looking for a similar league with UK time slots.

Maybe someone could point us in the right direction.

Or we could start our own if some other folks were interested?

Hi Tom, also looking for a similar league with UK time slots.

Maybe someone could point us in the right direction.

Or we could start our own if some other folks were interested?
Hi,

I posted the same question on a gran turismo Facebook page and got a much faster response. Around 5 or 6 leagues commented. If you're on Facebook and not already a member, look to join the gran turismo Facebook group. Ita literally just gran turismo- my post is under Thomas Clint

Good luck,
Tom

Thanks Tom

Could you post a link to your post please? I don’t have Facebook and am struggling to find it.
Looks like a lot use Facebook to organise or discord so you may want to create an account on one of those.

this is link to my post sohttps://m.facebook.com/groups/GranTurismoSportCommunity/permalink/1876734582504797/

However, you may not be able to see it without being a member. The group is .. https://www.facebook.com/groups/GranTurismoSportCommunity/?ref=share

Also some screenshots to help
Thanks Tom

Could you post a link to your post please? I don’t have Facebook and am struggling to find it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-111901_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-111901_Facebook.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211021-111852_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211021-111852_Facebook.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a lot use Facebook to organise or discord so you may want to create an account on one of those
Yeah, about that. No.
When creating a thread in this forum, please remember that you are posting about an event within this community for this community. This forum is not to be used as a recruiting post for other communities, whether it's a PSN Community, a website, or anything else external to GTPlanet. Posting here solely to advertise an external entity, or for recruitment for your own purposes, is considered advertising/solicitation, which is prohibited by our Acceptable Use Policy.

Anything that does not meet the following two criteria may be removed, and the user who posted it may be permanently banned from the site:

• Our members must be able to get all the information they need to be involved (schedule, regulations, results) here on GTPlanet, without clicking any links to take them away from this site.
  • Our members will not be required to sign up to anything outside of GTPlanet in order to participate.

There is no prohibition on posting external sources of information and participation, as long as they are optional or supplementary. For example, several leagues find a game-chat app to be helpful in organising events, and it's perfectly fine to post a link to that, but it is not fine to require our users to join it in order to participate in the event.
It seems awfully like you've come to GTPlanet to advise people to go somewhere that isn't GTPlanet, which is... you know... a bit rude.

In addition to that pinned thread, we also have a pinned thread full of leagues on various days of the week:

And we also have a robust search function which would allow you to search this forum for things that meet your requirements.

And there's nothing stopping you from creating one yourself.

Hi guys,

Not great on this forum business, quite new to it all.
Looking for a league to join where people actually join a chat too. I have seen the SNAIL league but the start times of 02.30hrs GMT is a bit too late for me.

Does anyone have anything UK based with rules where aggressive drivers are actually kicked out etc. Like I said, SNAIL looks great but just bad timing for me.

Thanks you,
Tom
Feel free to check out the TPC subforum here on GTplanet (Gran Turismo > Gran Turismo Sport > GTS Online Races & Leagues > The Pit Crew Racing League)! Anything we post on there is open to anyone and we love to see new faces, we are always trying to have a nice full calendar of diverse racing too. Many of our event organisers are UK based and we tend to host around 10-11pm British time, allowing is a fair spread of entries from across the pond too.

Welcome to GTP!

Yeah, about that. No.

It seems awfully like you've come to GTPlanet to advise people to go somewhere that isn't GTPlanet, which is... you know... a bit rude.

In addition to that pinned thread, we also have a pinned thread full of leagues on various days of the week:

And we also have a robust search function which would allow you to search this forum for things that meet your requirements.

And there's nothing stopping you from creating one yourself.
Fair enough. I do apologise, nothing to gain from this personally, I was just trying to help.

I take on board the feedback and I did use the directory. My main issue is after scrolling through around a dozen races that were reasonable UK start times - all had not been updated for best part of a year.

But, like I said can always arrange our own.

Never meant any disrespect- was trying to be helpful. Quite new to all this and took it all on board

Many Thanks,
Tom

Main issue is after scrolling through around a dozen races that were reasonable UK start times - all had not been updated for best part of a year.
You were looking in the wrong place, my man! All of these had 10pm-11pm UK starts.

Screenshot_2021-10-21-12-26-47-876_com.android.chrome.jpg

I can assure you you're on the right side of the interwebs - GTS Facebook is as much of a quagmire of crap flinging as anything else on that site.

Thanks for the info Tom, I appreciate it.

As Tom points out, the directory does appear to be somewhat out of date. A lot of the leagues appear to have now stopped organised racing and there are a lot of dead end threads.

I have followed the TPC thread and will probably look into that further.

Thanks again for the info Tom, Famine and Max. :cheers:

If you are interested, Tom, I host a Wednesday evening (UK time) event between 2:30-5 PM Eastern. This time slot was opened for European drivers, but you have to set Sport for "All Regions", to find it easily. Add either 4 or 5 hours, depending on Daylight Savings time.

Monday Night Racing Don't be fooled by the name. Wednesday events go by "Not So Easy Racing". Same events, different day.

Back