Any good controller settings?

• Thread starter Big Alex
  • 42 comments
I'll offer up mine with reasons for them aswell, but please take into consideration that control settings are / I think a personal thing.
What works for me won't necessarily work for you. Also I'm on the 1X, not sure if it makes a difference compared to PS4 pad users.

Steering Deadzone = 1 - because I personally need it to keep/get the car straight.

Steering Sensitivity = 50 - because I prefer to be in full control of how much I turn left or right.

Throttle Deadzone = 1 - I've just got OCD.

Throttle Sensitivity = 50 - because I prefer to be in full control of how much throttle to use.

Brake Deadzone = 1 - OCD again.

Brake Sensitivity = 50 - because I prefer to be in full control of how much brake to use.

Clutch Deadzone = 0 - not used.

Clutch Sensitivity = 0 - not used.

Speed Sensitivity = 75 - because it gives me the ability to react at high speed if anything happens in front of me without being to sensitive or unresponsive.

Controller Damping = 75 - because it gives me the ability to flick left or right & counter steer without being to sensitive or unresponsive + OCD.

Controller Vibration = 75 - Just OCD.

Minimum Shift Time = 0 - because I want to be in full control of when I change gear.

RPM/Gear Display = Yes - because I want to see my revs & what gear I'm in at any given time.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely outstanding. Thanks for posting!
*forgot to mention, on PS4.

I don't really understand why they have implemented the steering like this anyway. There should be a steering sensitivity option and that's it. Having it vary depend on speed is plain weird. I get what they are trying to replicate.....but it's a mess the way they have gone about it.

I don't really understand why they have implemented the steering like this anyway. There should be a steering sensitivity option and that's it. Having it vary depend on speed is plain weird. I get what they are trying to replicate.....but it's a mess the way they have gone about it.
They want to offer enough flexibility to allow for totally unfiltered control because some people are weird and like it that way. :P SMS also has this thing about not offering "too much" accommodation (debatable, depending on how it's implemented), which is probably why they went with a dampener based on your speed instead of something a little more sophisticated.

If they only offered one one slider I think it would be more likely that we'd be left with something that can't be made playable, and of course it wouldn't suit everyone.

I found another guys settigns and I think they are better but I still need practice and I need to figure out a way if you can to make steering even tighter. Or maybe it’s just me still used to forza 7 no assists vs this game.

For you guys that play on Xbox One, does PC2 support the trigger vibration?

I tried Forza 7 couple of months ago and I found this feature superb in the way provides very useful feedback, especially during braking.

For you guys that play on Xbox One, does PC2 support the trigger vibration?

I tried Forza 7 couple of months ago and I found this feature superb in the way provides very useful feedback, especially during braking.

No it doesn't sadly. Would you mind sharing those new settings you found by the way? I'm more or less happy with how a car handles at speed now. I can use subtle inputs and steer nice and precisely. It all goes out of the window at low speed of course, where suddenly the steering ratio seems to change and I'm constantly over correcting because you barely need to move the stick to get what feels like full steering lock. If this steered like GT:S or FM7 it would be almost my perfect racing game.

I remember playing online with a group of guys when Shift and Shift 2 came out, and back then the biggest complaint was the steering of the cars. So annoying that after all this time they seem unable or unwilling to sort it out.

No it doesn't sadly. Would you mind sharing those new settings you found by the way? I'm more or less happy with how a car handles at speed now. I can use subtle inputs and steer nice and precisely. It all goes out of the window at low speed of course, where suddenly the steering ratio seems to change and I'm constantly over correcting because you barely need to move the stick to get what feels like full steering lock. If this steered like GT:S or FM7 it would be almost my perfect racing game.

I remember playing online with a group of guys when Shift and Shift 2 came out, and back then the biggest complaint was the steering of the cars. So annoying that after all this time they seem unable or unwilling to sort it out.
My triggers vibrate when you feel the wheels slip or abs kicks in.

@305Michael305 Try speed sensitivity 75, controller damping 0, all other settings that as I've posted before stay the same (actually you can turn steering deadzone down to 0 with this setting), if it's still to twitchy at low speed just raise the speed sensitivity up to your liking.
Remember you can do this in game while driving, you don't need to restart (like the options says you do)

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I'll have to check the vibration settings as I haven't noticed the triggers vibrating. They don't seem to be as well implemented as Forza if they do?

Well I finally found something useful after reading this thread and all the replies here and months of tinkering around with the controller, not being able to control any car decently I threw all my settings aboard.

Controller damping is my magic setting. I moved it to hundred and 90% of my problems were gone! I still have to find the rest (deadzone, sensitivity and speed sensitivity) but it feels waaay better. I managed to improve my times by many seconds. Now that I can steer I can finally concentrate on getting decent laps (though PC2 still lacks the steering comfort of GT:S).

Here are my DS4 settings, the game is quite enjoyable when I want to do some quick laps without a wheel:

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 22
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 50
Clutch Deadzone: 0
Clutch Sensitivity: 50
Speed Sensitivity: 78
Controller Damping: 88
Controller Vibration: 100
Minimum Shift Time: 0
RPM Display: Yes

Hi everyone. I made the jump to PC2 about 2 days ago, coming from FM7, and my greatest fear was not being able to control the cars after reading that PC2 was not really suited for a gamepad (I've never played with a wheel in any game and I don't intend to).

I started by testing a road car (Audi A3) in Laguna Beach with the stock gameplay and control settings and yes, I had issues, mainly with breaking and transitions (I slided a lot) and the general feel of the car, but after reading this thread I started changing settings and the control increasingly felt feel better and better. I then experimented with other road cars in the same track, and then, when I felt more comfortable, I switched to the X-bow and to a circuit (Spielberg).

My first impression there is that a track toy feels much more responsive than a road car out of the gate. It also helps that the X-bow is light and not overpowered.

I came up with this settings:

Steering deadzone 5
Steering sensitive 10 (Thanks @Wolfe !)

Throttle deadzone 2
Throttle sensitivity 50

Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 50 (It is very important to warm the tires, the feel is completely different, that also goes for grip and stability)

Clutch deadzone 0
Clutch sensitivity 0 (I use manual with auto clutch)

Speed sensitivity 88
Controller damping 0 (Thanks @Mr Grumpy !)

These settings, together with the steering settings above, are probably the most critical for me because unless I make a giant boo-boo, the car kept stable when making transitions in the straights and also mid-corner, and also I could catch the car If I came out of a corner too fast.

Controller vibration 100 (It will eat the battery, though)

Minimum shift time 0

As for the assists, I have minimum ABS, no stability control, minimum traction control (I played the Audi 3 with realistic settings and woof!)

Finally, my setup is stable, and I ask the Race Engineer for assistance if needed.

I have tested this settings in a variety of circuits: Laguna Seca, Hockenheim, Fuji, Barcelona, Road America with mostly race cars/track cars and the ocassional supercar and I'm very comfortable, againg coming from a Forza Motorsports background. I've started a rookie championship and I've won two races (one in heavy rain!) and got 1 pole position.

Last edited:
Back