Any methods to tune your car with 50% more lasting on the tires wear when race online?

• Thread starter steve nfs
  • 4 comments
Malaysia
Malaysia
steve_NFS
There must be a way to solve it with maybe slower less than half a second from our normal tunes. Hope to share it out for members from this forum...

I've not tested this myself as I don't really run endurance races so I can't give you exact percentages but I'm told that adding camber can have a positive effect on tyre degradation. It will have a negative effect on peak lap times but you might be able to strike a balance.

Other things that will affect tyre wear are:-

Toe settings - The closer to 0.0 you are the less you will scrub the tyres
Weight - The less the car weighs the less damage it will do to the tyres
Downforce - Similar to the effects of weight, less downforce, less force acting on the tyre
LSD settings - Too open and it will shred the inside tyre, too locked and it will kill the outside tyre
Driving style - The more smooth you are with brake, throttle and steering inputs the longer the tyres will last
Drivetrain - FFs and 4WDs are hard on their tyres, MRs and FRs are generally less severe as long as the tyres and levels of power are balanced.

Its all a balancing act really, each method has its pros and cons. If we take downforce for instance, lowering it will reduce high speed tyre wear but it might increase the likelihood of over rotation and wheelspin which will have a negative effect on tyre wear. There is no real fixed solution and reducing tyre wear by 50% is unlikely if not impossible, you'd be lucky to see 10-15% unless the car is badly set up and really hard on its tyres.

Idk by as much as you want, but toe is what kills tires and that is as such in gt6. If the mechanical grip is there, toe is the biggest factor with tire wear. Otherwise, sliding around would the obvious winner as far as tire wear goes. Tires are huge in the series I'm doing right now and all of us have thoroughly tested it. This is what we've come to find. I use the tire meter sometimes when I'm setting the car up to see where and when I'm losing traction @ which wheels, etc.

@DolHaus
I've not tested this myself as I don't really run endurance races so I can't give you exact percentages but I'm told that adding camber can have a positive effect on tyre degradation. It will have a negative effect on peak lap times but you might be able to strike a balance.

Other things that will affect tyre wear are:-

Toe settings - The closer to 0.0 you are the less you will scrub the tyres
Weight - The less the car weighs the less damage it will do to the tyres
Downforce - Similar to the effects of weight, less downforce, less force acting on the tyre
LSD settings - Too open and it will shred the inside tyre, too locked and it will kill the outside tyre
Driving style - The more smooth you are with brake, throttle and steering inputs the longer the tyres will last
Drivetrain - FFs and 4WDs are hard on their tyres, MRs and FRs are generally less severe as long as the tyres and levels of power are balanced.

Its all a balancing act really, each method has its pros and cons. If we take downforce for instance, lowering it will reduce high speed tyre wear but it might increase the likelihood of over rotation and wheelspin which will have a negative effect on tyre wear. There is no real fixed solution and reducing tyre wear by 50% is unlikely if not impossible, you'd be lucky to see 10-15% unless the car is badly set up and really hard on its tyres.

Downforce increases tire life. The tires don't have to work as hard to maintain grip. Remove it and now you are relying more on mechanical grip, which scrubs tires faster. More downforce = more lateral grip, which reduces tire wear.

FFs and 4WD do not wear tires quicker with proper settings.

Turn ABS off whilst tuning. Find where you are locking, readjust balance until you're not locking, then turn ABS back on if you use it. OTherwise, you'll be burning up tires under braking without knowing it. The tires won't overheat usually, but ABS = lock-unlock-lock-unlock. If you don't use ABS, you know when you're locking and can control that. With ABS on, you have no idea when the tires are locking and unlocking, so you cannot control wear under braking nearly as well.

Last edited:
I think I will adjust as you guys mention, with my tunes and test it online with a setting of tires wear faster than the normal one. to make it lasting more laps with minimum slower timelaps. Thks all you guys for the attention!

Will share it here again if I solve it..

Last edited:
I've tuned a RUF BTR '86 ~ 450PP, 1340kg (real car weight) running on comfort soft tires which I believe more than 70% guys don't like to drive this car because of the weired handling.Try it on Apricot Hill with my temporary used DS3. (All drivers aids off ) and got my best lap of 1:38.8**. Consistency is low 1:39. I 'm sure this setting is more reliable on tires wear than any FF cars which can lap maybe more faster!

Back