Any news on Gran Turismo 8?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 174 comments
Every release has taken longer historically.
Going off that we have a long wait, but PD aren’t making anymore money off GT7 with how they release updates.
I reckon we might get GT8 within the PS5 lifecycle.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.png
    IMG_0410.png
    49.4 KB · Views: 80
Why do you need GT8 on PS5? What significant changes would it bring which can not be added by update? Seriously. If you really believe this game would look much better just by being PS5 only you might be disappointed. Look how new Forza looks it is next gen only title and it isn't groundbreaking in any way.

Seriously I prefer GT7 to be upgraded over next years with addition of Sophy to it, and GT8 should targeted for PS6 imho.

I can imagine that it won't take that long this time. I assume that GT 8 will be more like GT 7.5. Optimize the graphics a bit, a few adjustments to the physics, Sophy as a standard opponent, a slightly adapted career, a few more tracks. A few new cars.
I can imagine that this will happen if the user base of PS5 players vs. players on PS4 is 3:1. So you can motivate the 1/3 for the PS5

Think mid 2025 is quite realistic. Then there will be a mode with full RT for the PS5 Pro and the PS5 will run as it does now.

@MroczMR: Certainly not interesting for us players, but certainly interesting for Sony / PD. They also want to earn money and the Cr. Maxi transactions will probably not generate that much money. I think the only sources of income are advertising money which labels pay to be in the World Tour or something like that

Last edited:
Why do you need GT8 on PS5? What significant changes would it bring which can not be added by update? Seriously. If you really believe this game would look much better just by being PS5 only you might be disappointed. Look how new Forza looks it is next gen only title and it isn't groundbreaking in any way.

Seriously I prefer GT7 to be upgraded over next years with addition of Sophy to it, and GT8 should targeted for PS6 imho.
Why have we had 2 GTs on PS 1, 2 and 3? Because people want it and companies like to make money. Why not is the real question here.

And graphics alone are never a good single motivation for a new game.

@MroczMR: Certainly not interesting for us players, but certainly interesting for Sony / PD. They also want to earn money and the Cr. Maxi transactions will probably not generate that much money. I think the only sources of income are advertising money which labels pay to be in the World Tour or something like that
Yes money, but making entire new entry is also a cost. Marketing cost, production cost especially today when those costs did skyrocket. Why do Sony need to spend money for new entry when the current one is still selling well? It wasn't added to PS Plus Extra so I think it still generating profit :)
Why have we had 2 GTs on PS 1, 2 and 3? Because people want it and companies like to make money. Why not is the real question here.

And graphics alone are never a good single motivation for a new game.
On PS1 and PS2 you didn't have an option to upgrade the game by internet. Also it was much cheaper to release games back then.

On PS3 it was baby steps and then yes GT6 was a bit of pointless (especially that it came out some days before PS4 dropped)

We will probably not hear about GT8 for a very long time. I think we need to wait at least 5 years from GT7 to think about sequel (and to be honest it could be even longer) Especially that nowadays having one title and supporting it for a long time is very popular.
For me there is no pressure I really don't need GT 7.5 (and lets be honest it would this case for GT8). I would prefer just GT7 to be better and better, and realese GT8 when more significant changes are ready like next gen PS6 version.

I don't think PD will release GT8 on ps5 and I don't think we need it as long as they are willing to keep updating it and improving beyond just adding new content.

For example, I want more cars on track both off and online, more advanced physics, better sound, more camera options, improved UI, improved sport mode.

If you tell me that to make these improvements they have to release a new game, even if it is just so they can sell it to us again, then I would want them to release a new game in 3 years time.

I don't think anyone expects a new GT title. GT games typically aren't yearly releases. They take a few years even if the result is crap. that crap result is because they needed a few years to get their **** together enough to make that crap

Last edited by a moderator:
Every release has taken longer historically.
Going off that we have a long wait, but PD aren’t making anymore money off GT7 with how they release updates.
I reckon we might get GT8 within the PS5 lifecycle.
so around 2027 it seems from the timeline. This is when PS6 might appear also, GT8 would be a strong selling point.

I'd imagine that GT8 will coincide with a PS5 Pro debut. PD is a graphical powerhouse for Sony and are often used to showoff hardware.

Rumors suspect that a Pro model may debut for the 2024 holiday season, I wouldn't be surprised if that's when some preview footage debuts.

I'd expect the following:
  1. GT7 graphics with increased grid sizes, more densely populate trackside detail, RT during gameplay.
  2. PSVR2 no longer needing reprojection, increased clarity.

Last edited:
I really hope we don’t get GT8 anytime soon. I don’t want some rushed, reworked GT7 under the guise of a new game. I’d much prefer they take their time and give us a solid game that not only makes sense, but is also fun to play due to lack of flaws and bugs. Though GT7 was more fun than annoying/frustrating for me, it had and still has lots of quirks and flaws, things that annoy and make you question ‘why?’. I’m sure it will be another live service type game, so I’m not expecting a complete and absolutely polished game like the earliest ones, but it better be in much more of a finished state than what GT7 launched as.

I’d expect to see GT8 at or shortly after launch of PS5 Pro or possibly not until PS6. I don’t see much of an issue with it being cross gen, however it would ideally be part of the plan from the beginning rather than a curveball thrown well after development has been underway like we got with GT7 which I’m certain caused issues to varying degrees.

Side note: I’d personally be ok if the next GT game was a fully remastered GT2 optimized for PS5 or PS5 Pro hardware. Though I can see obvious issues with that, just saying, that’s one remaster I wouldn’t mind paying for.

GT8 isn't coming until at least 2026, probably later. Big AAA video game studios just don't have quick turnarounds to new projects any more.

Plus GT7 still has sales legs, at least in some markets (the last two weeks in the UK it's been a very respectable #15 and #13 in the boxed charts) that Sony won't want to cut off too quickly given they don't have a lot of evergreen titles.

I also don't think we will be getting GT8 in few Years.
It will take some time and also it will come wit a new hardware(PS6).
My guess is 2026.

I also don't think we will be getting GT8 in few Years.
It will take some time and also it will come wit a new hardware(PS6).
My guess is 2026.
Honestly doubt that gt8 will ONLY release on new console, it'll be the same situation with GT7.. PD have been so happy to have games on both consoles now, because it means they don't have to build GT8 from ground up, they can just improve on GT7, Ez mode. Plus they've always done two games per console. PS5 still got a LOT of life to give. This is not like the PS3 days where the tech was so difficult to work with. I bet GT8 or GT Sport 2 or whatever wearing the GT brand next comes on a PS5, bare minimum.

Honestly doubt that gt8 will ONLY release on new console, it'll be the same situation with GT7.. PD have been so happy to have games on both consoles now, because it means they don't have to build GT8 from ground up, they can just improve on GT7, Ez mode. Plus they've always done two games per console. PS5 still got a LOT of life to give. This is not like the PS3 days where the tech was so difficult to work with. I bet GT8 or GT Sport 2 or whatever wearing the GT brand next comes on a PS5, bare minimum.
I actually think GT8 could be made for PS6 with PS5 port just as GT7. There won't be as huge performance upgrade as it used to be. Crossgen games are going to be more often.

I actually think GT8 could be made for PS6 with PS5 port just as GT7. There won't be as huge performance upgrade as it used to be. Crossgen games are going to be more often.
Oh I do beleive crossgen games are here to stay. It's been a thing for many years. I even remember when studios made "the same game" for both generations of consoles and they were basically entirely different games, but why did they make them? cause people more will buy a game for the old system than the system they don't yet have. THe chip shortage as well really messed up sony's chances of having everyone own a PS5.. so this is good news for cross-gen community. IMO if sony were REALLY smart they'd start releasing even more Dualsense controller colorways, would make them a pretty penny now rather than gatekeeping colors. Oh and PSVR2 was a bit late to the show... but I don't have intentions of buying nor do many I know.

Realistically the chip shortage has changed things forever. I DO NOT see a PS6 ever coming out before 2028 and if it does, it'll be so expensive nobody will want it

Last edited:
Crossgen games are going to be more often.
Which is bad for us customers.
Cross gen means making 2 games (as said before) - in the same time they usually would do 1 game.
This comes at the cost of quality, or will put development time at a much larger delay making unhappy investors and then creating pressue to release sooner, which again costs quaility.
I am very critical against it, just as I am towards any "pro console" of the same generation, I do believe having a single piece of hardware to develope on produces better games for the simple fact that it is easier to do.

Last edited:
Back