Any plans to add more old track layouts of existing real world tracks?

• Thread starter stuff1138
  • 51 comments
United States
Orange County, CA
stuff1138
There is a similar question about updating the existing real world tracks to make them more current but what about old track configurations.

At present the Senna DLC includes 2 older track layouts of real world tracks. Are there any more planned?

Spa Francochamps before they took out the bus stop and widened La Source?
Monza with the banking?

Last edited:
The original Spa and Silverstone circuits would be awesome too. Fast long and flat out!

Circuitspaold.jpg

Silverstone_1950_-_1951.png

If they're going to do it then please with old trackside features - pits, stands, buildings, advertising etc. Even if they're not 100% accurate they still give a different atmosphere to tracks.

Just a few examples

Fuji with banking
Snetterton 1960's
Oulton Park 60's
50's Le Mans including an option for a running start
Old Hockenheim
Kyalami

Sure I like more options. I just hope that PD would continue their hiring of fresh blood to help out with this. I really would hope that this wouldn't hurt the inclusion of all the Legacy tracks from past GTs, as well as the building of new real world and fantasy locations.

But definitely like variations, it gives some life to existing tracks. It would also be nice if people wouldn't throw tantrums if every trackside detail from past tracks wasn't there.

Sure I like more options. I just hope that PD would continue their hiring of fresh blood to help out with this. I really would hope that this wouldn't hurt the inclusion of all the Legacy tracks from past GTs, as well as the building of new real world and fantasy locations.

But definitely like variations, it gives some life to existing tracks. It would also be nice if people wouldn't throw tantrums if every trackside detail from past tracks wasn't there.

Yeah it's pretty silly to get bent out of shape about the objects on the side of the track. To each their own though I suppose.

I also would rather see the inclusion of Legacy Tracks. But that question was asked so I figured I would ask this one. haha

I knew they changed it a fair amount but this is actually the first time I've ever seen the original. What a beast of a track!

The way I understand it is that they added an infield loop after the start finish, probably reprofiled one or two of the corners as well.

I definitely agree to the inclusion of Old Spa. I'd like to add:
- Spa 90's. Without the stupid new design of Bus-Stop Chicane. (The name "Bus Stop" chicane once had a point, lol)

But for the most I'd ove the old ring with the "Südschleife" (South Loop):

gesamtstrecke_alt.jpg

Most of it still exists today as public roads, parking lot access roads & large abandoned bits in the woods. Apart from the changed start & finish, there's only a small part they removed for a local factory wich couldn't be scanned.

State 2011 (Map shown in this video: Green = public roads of today, Red = existing old abandoned track, pale red = gone sadly):

rFactor recreation:

But if they would do the same as with Monza & Brands Hatch ? No thanks. Don't want to see the ringracer coaster next to the südschleife by any chance.

They could also easily scan the "Steilstrecke", wich is an old, extremely steep concrete part of Nordschleife where you skip the carousel (You can see it in the picture above). You can also see it in-game.

Last edited:
The original Spa and Silverstone circuits would be awesome too. Fast long and flat out!

Circuitspaold.jpg

Silverstone_1950_-_1951.png
Absolutely these two classic tracks! A dream of mine.

1950s Spa would be mega! Even if it was a 21st century version on the public roads. How cool would that be?!

Flat out old Silverstone - yes please! The first decent racing game I ever played was called Revs on the BBC micro (by Geoff Crammond incidently), and that had the classic Silverstone layout (albeit with the Woodcote chicane). Oh the memories....

Absolutely these two classic tracks! A dream of mine.

1950s Spa would be mega! Even if it was a 21st century version on the public roads. How cool would that be?!

Flat out old Silverstone - yes please! The first decent racing game I ever played was called Revs on the BBC micro (by Geoff Crammond incidently), and that had the classic Silverstone layout (albeit with the Woodcote chicane). Oh the memories....

There's a fairly accurate recreation of the 1950's/60's spa that was adapted for Simbin's GTR that is great fun. The length of time you're on full throttle is bonkers. Just think how hairy that must have been for the F1 drivers in the 60s bombing along in a 300 BHP bathtub with nothing more than goggles and a lousy excuse for a helmet to protect them.

There's a fairly accurate recreation of the 1950's/60's spa that was adapted for Simbin's GTR that is great fun. The length of time you're on full throttle is bonkers. Just think how hairy that must have been for the F1 drivers in the 60s bombing along in a 300 BHP bathtub with nothing more than goggles and a lousy excuse for a helmet to protect them.

Bonkers (as you said)! :)

You mean like this? (Project Cars + Lotus 49 F1 car + old Spa)

If you want to see some fantastic footage of 60's Spa and other F1 tracks of the day, get a copy of the movie Grand Prix. Best racing footage ever in a movie IMO. Like so, courtesy of TCM:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/313246/Grand-Prix-Movie-Clip-Belgian-Grand-Prix.html

You mean like this? (Project Cars + Lotus 49 F1 car + old Spa)

If you want to see some fantastic footage of 60's Spa and other F1 tracks of the day, get a copy of the movie Grand Prix. Best racing footage ever in a movie IMO. Like so, courtesy of TCM:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/313246/Grand-Prix-Movie-Clip-Belgian-Grand-Prix.html

Beautiful. Even as a game, seeing those cars collide and take off reminds you how dangerous it was and how brave the drivers must have been. It's kinda strange to see Spa "in the nude".

Gran Prix is a CRAZY movie! I feel for the English guy who was dragged behind the GT40 for the entire movie! He HATED it!

Watching Grand Prix on Blu-Ray was a life changing experience. The opening sequence in Monaco in HD makes you feel like you're watching it live. That movie is amazing.

Back