Any plans to add more old track layouts of existing real world tracks?

• Thread starter stuff1138
  • 51 comments
Now we have the Redbull Ring so this adds the possibility of adding the Österreichring
%C3%96sterreichring1969.png

Also, I've always wondered what ever happened to Suzuka West. We have the full track, so why not just put up some barriers like with Suzi East, & we'd have another layout.

Is it a licensing problem? Is it pure laziness? Is it for some other reason?

:boggled:

And why not have reverse versions of all tracks?

I can understand wanting to be FULLY real, but, I agree.... Why not run real tracks in reverse? Every track we can do that with is a COMPLETELY different beast in reverse! Wow, the options!

Also, I have wondered about the "not split/short" tracks.... Like Ascari, as well....

I can understand wanting to be FULLY real, but, I agree.... Why not run real tracks in reverse? Every track we can do that with is a COMPLETELY different beast in reverse! Wow, the options!

Off topic slightly, what factors decide which way round a track should be run? Just curious.

I'll add some more old tracks... I love them!

HOCKENHEIM 1932

Hockenheim%201929.gif

HOCKENHEIM 1938

Hockenheim%201938.gif

HOCKENHEIM 1966

Hockenheim%201966.gif

HOCKENHEIM 1994

Hockenheim%201994.gif
When you go back to some of the tracks from the 30's and 40's, quite a few of them are pretty boring TBH. Driving the 32's or 38' Hockenheim would bore me to tears quite frankly. If they're going to model older tracks I'd rather see stuff from the 60's and 70's because they have most of the elements we're missing in the new tracks, but without the long and boring stretches between corners like some of the really old tracks.

When you go back to some of the tracks from the 30's and 40's, quite a few of them are pretty boring TBH. Driving the 32's or 38' Hockenheim would bore me to tears quite frankly. If they're going to model older tracks I'd rather see stuff from the 60's and 70's because they have most of the elements we're missing in the new tracks, but without the long and boring stretches between corners like some of the really old tracks.
Kinda true, the very oldest Hockenheim looks a bit boring with so many long straights, but for me it would still be better than the american ovals...

Fair point well made. It's interesting to see how things have evolved.

I'm with you on that one. Even the old Spa with the long flat out sections is a bit much. Back in the 30's they were barely doing 150 mph too so driving on a 10km long sweeping corner flat out would be even more boring...unless a cow walked out in front of you or something.

I'm with you on that one. Even the old Spa with the long flat out sections is a bit much. Back in the 30's they were barely doing 150 mph too so driving on a 10km long sweeping corner flat out would be even more boring...unless a cow walked out in front of you or something.
True, and without cars of the era that raced on it with matching physics and tire models, which would then make some of those flat out sweepers at 150 mph challenging, it's almost pointless.

@Johnnypenso almost...not totally though haha
Well I must say this looks like fun to me and I'm looking forward to doing this myself in a few months:sly:. He makes it look easy but I know from talking to some members that this car is on the edge of grip for a good portion of the lap. The entrance to Eau Rouge with a wall on the left is going to be a lot more challenging:lol:

Back