Any plans to bring back tracks from previous GT games?

Which legacy tracks deserve to return in future Gran Turismo games?

• Midfield Raceway

Votes: 242 63.9%
  • El Capitan

Votes: 221 58.3%
  • New York

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Seattle Circuit (long and short layouts)

Votes: 268 70.7%
  • Red Rock Valley Speedway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Special Stage Route 11

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Citta di Aria

Votes: 158 41.7%
  • Infineon Raceway (sports car and stock car layouts)

Votes: 191 50.4%
  • Las Vegas drag strip (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 115 30.3%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 153 40.4%
  • Seoul Central

Votes: 114 30.1%
  • Cathedral Rocks Trail (both layouts)

Votes: 95 25.1%
  • Grindelwald

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Smokey Mountain (North and South layouts)

Votes: 118 31.1%
  • Swiss Alps (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 109 28.8%
  • Tahiti Maze

Votes: 132 34.8%
  • Tahiti Road

Votes: 135 35.6%
  • Rome Circuit (from Gran Turismo 3)

Votes: 138 36.4%
  • Opera Paris

Votes: 125 33.0%
  • Rome - Night (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 133 35.1%
  • Costa Di Amalfi

Votes: 156 41.2%
  • Pikes Peak (Hill Climb and Downhill from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 211 55.7%
  • Driving Park (Motorland, Test Course, Beginner Course)

Votes: 117 30.9%
  • Rome - Short (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 86 22.7%
  • Grand Canyon

• Green Forest Roadway (from Gran Turismo 2)

Votes: 96 25.3%
  • Tahiti Circuit

Votes: 107 28.2%
  • George V Paris

• Circuit Ricardo Tormo i.e Valencia (from Gran Turismo PSP)

Votes: 105 27.7%
  • Complex String

Votes: 151 39.8%
  • Chamonix (from Gran Turismo 4)

Votes: 94 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-> At the moment, I'm overhauling my >missing< tracks thread. I've also added 'My Take' for each tracks that I've included.

BT-> I hope KY answers my question on why he deleted tracks from GT2 onwards. Plus, why he didn't finalize all the tracks that were 70%-90% complete in GT2? Sure, I understand about time contrictions back then. But why not carry them over to subsequent future GT series? I'm still baffled about this!

:grumpy:

^ Resouces? Thats a no brainer! PD have these tracks on their archives with walls of hard drive data! All PD needs to do is just to re-hash its programming without spoiling it (like what they did to Apricot Hill & SSR5).

-> Time is sorta I understand since PD is way understaffed compared to many automotive-based game developers...

Quote from reddit:

I'd like to have a lot of those tracks back in the game as well, but I guess you can say that even our production teams ride certain trends when they're working. One of those is that we started out with all fantasy tracks when we first created Gran Turismo. But once the teams started researching methods of creating real tracks, that became the focus of their work, and less work was done on those fantasy tracks.

Though I think real, existing tracks are important, I also think that fully designed tracks are also very interesting and have their own place so I think that's something to look for in GT7.

*bang* another big suggestion delayed to GT7 just like the sound update...

I find it very strange that PD are willing to re-use old cars for over a decade, spanning through potentially 3 different consoles, yet fictional, no-license-needed fake GT original tracks disappear without known reason at random.

Just make sure they keep those car models for 20 years! (you know, the ones based off model cars instead of real cars, as per the underside exposing in GT5?) :lol:

I'd love to see Opera Paris return. Just revamp the pit area (there's no way GT4's version could cope with a 16 car grid and pit lane) before bringing it back.

PD agrees with you, since Kaz believes they're keeping all the standards even to the PS4.

Only laser-scanned matchbox cars are worth being kept, sorry. :P

I played GT4 for a few days, and was just magnificent! The resolution was terrible, but I didn't care of it at all. I took the Formula GT, did some laps on some of the missing tracks & I have to say one thing:

We are "walking" on the period of GT6's growth and based on the theory, GT7 will take many, many months to be released. If some of you remember, GT5 was on the same condition after it's release, BUT, we saw many big updates that brought new cars, new tracks, new features and as a result, Polyphony built a very big group of GT fans in the PS3 community. I'm sure that PD wants to do the best for this group of fans (I don't want comments about that please! We all love Gran Turismo, because some people wanted and continue to share with us the same big love we have too: the cars). I also know that many people got frustrated about PD's lack of responsibility, and (unfortunately!) left GT for something else. GT6 needs some characteristics, that made the older GTs memorable. PD has enough hardware, and a re-make of some tracks (SSR11, Mid-Field, Seattle etc.) or cars (TS020 Road Car etc.) would make things even better for all of us. If K.Yamauchi decide someday to answer the question of this thread, I hope he will consider it, because I believe this is a good way to make Gran Turismo an even better simulation than now...

I thoroughly enjoyed New York in the Formula GT Championship. It was a very quick circuit, and technical. There are plenty of overtaking options compared to other circuits.

Opera Paris was another one that I loved taking it to in the FGT. A very technical circuit with lots of bumps and imperfections in the surface meant that power delivery on corner exit needed to be smooth. I would've loved to have it in GT5, but I'd like to see it in a future version of GT6.

And then there was Hong Kong. Another quick circuit, and narrow. I didn't like the marina section after the 60 degree turn because of the wall being there if you get it wrong. But after that it's two quick rights and a left that leads to a 90-right. From there is a slight climb, where Super GT cars can reach 230-240 km/h easily before braking after the crest for a hairpin turn. After another straight, there's a 90-left with some runoff which leads to a 90-right, which in-turn leads to a straightaway. A neat left-right-left sequence leads to the start/finish. And the designs for some of these buildings!! I liked, in particular, the Watson's pharmacy billboard, but I'll save that for another discussion.

Ice Arena is another venue that was excellent and Tahiti Maze too. Grand Canyon, and the 1980's and '90s versions of Fuji too were some great ones.

Any notice that Eiger is actually in Grindewald which is a village? I'm not joking, Google this!

Maybe PD may reintroduce the Grindewald circuit from GT2. It's a sign

Any notice that Eiger is actually in Grindewald which is a village? I'm not joking, Google this!

Maybe PD may reintroduce the Grindewald circuit from GT2. It's a sign
It's not actually in it, but it is quite close, about 10 km (that village is the actual location of the original track). But I don't think they will reintroduce it.

It's not actually in it, but it is quite close, about 10 km (that village is the actual location of the original track). But I don't think they will reintroduce it.

It's been mentioned on the forum a few times as a request to bring Grindewald back. You never know

I think that PD's smartest move to answer this question is to do one of two things:
1) Release A DLC with all of the throwback tracks for about $20
2) Put them in GT7 afterward like how the Touring car DLC in GT5 got pushed over

and c'mon, who remembers the beautiful tracks like seattle, and smokey mountain, and swiss alps? would make you cry with PS4's Graphics.

I think that PD's smartest move to answer this question is to do one of two things:
1) Release A DLC with all of the throwback tracks for about $20
2) Put them in GT7 afterward like how the Touring car DLC in GT5 got pushed over

and c'mon, who remembers the beautiful tracks like seattle, and smokey mountain, and swiss alps? would make you cry with PS4's Graphics.
Lord knows I'm one who's always willing to pay for DLC, but IMO all track DLC should be free, the way Forza does it. If you make tracks paid DLC it breaks up both the online and offline versions of the game. Online people will rarely use DLC tracks because rooms empty out when they come up and offline, it either limits creating new events based on DLC tracks or limits access to those newly created events to only those with DLC.

Lord knows I'm one who's always willing to pay for DLC, but IMO all track DLC should be free, the way Forza does it. If you make tracks paid DLC it breaks up both the online and offline versions of the game. Online people will rarely use DLC tracks because rooms empty out when they come up and offline, it either limits creating new events based on DLC tracks or limits access to those newly created events to only those with DLC.

yes, I agree, but it would take anything to bring back the old tracks, but there is no use adding tracks if there are no events for them!

What about a track (or few) with cars and offline events to run on them.... ? I don't see ONE item DLC's ever being FULLY popular. I know I only bought DLC's for 5 that had more than one thing. (except for route X, but that came with testing, soo.... ;) )

I would be more interested in buying a DLC if there was something to DO with it! Motegi and Spa were nice, but they were only there to look at until I went online to race them. I don't bother with arcade much.

This is why I'm hoping that GT7 has a modular approach to the single player game, and events with their associated tracks can be added in when ready.

While I do like Arcade Mode, though it really needs to be restored to how it was in GT5, these new tracks need to figure in to single player racing too.

SSR11
Seattle Circuit
Red Rock Valley Speedway
Pikes Peak (Hill Climb and Downhill from Gran Turismo 2) GT6 Could Really do with Hill Climbs
Grand Canyon (This track online would be crazy, in a very good way)

Any other tracks would be a bonus.
I know Kaz is into this FIA certified thing at the moment and thats a good thing but those tracks cost licenses and the ones above most probably don't.

Back