Any Punx Here?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dovesniper711
  • 53 comments
  • 3,494 views
Millencolin were one of the original bands to get me into the rock side of music, especially during my early teens, another was The Offspring.

Now days along with those two bands, Rise Against could probably be added.
 
Coheed
greenday (dookie era)
Rise Against
Millencolin
Offspring
Strike Anywhere


Loads of amazing punk bands about these days. RHCP and Greenday got me into the rock/punk scene back in my early teens. Progressivly got into more and more bands as time has gone on. Newest has to be Strike Anywhere... awesome.
 
Punk Bands that I like:

The Clash
Sex Pistols
The Ramones
Operation Ivy
Greenday (Dookie / Insomniac era)
Buzzcocks
Bad Religion (Earlier Albums are better IMO. I.E. "Suffer")
Fugazi (Maybe not true punk but close enough)

You're probably one of the only people who have actually listed punk bands in this thread. I like The Clash, Sex Pistols (though not as much as The Clash) and some of The Ramones...
 
Wow, I totally forgot Operation Ivy. That's Music right there.
 
Guess you can count me in. I usually listen to, The Ramones, Misfits, The Clash, Rancid, Transplants, Bad Religion, Comeback kid, Sex Pistols and a few other's I've missed. Although I've kinda steered away from that genre lately. These days I mostly listen to Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, AC DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and other bands I can't think of right now.
 
That's what I did too. I started out listening to punk ska stuff, then got into classic rock, then got in the Elvis and Chuck Berry 50's rock, and lately I've been listening to Frank Sinatra and Glen Miller.

I'm just having a hard time finding punk bands that sound like the early 90's punk bands so I'm having to find older stuff to listen to.
 
Hmmm.... I'm not sure whether I'm a punk or something I have no word for or a ****ing opportunist... but then it would be since ca. 7 years...^^

I'd say I look like a punk... I'm living my life as Hardcore as I can and I'm listening to "Punk" almost all the time... "" because Punk is such a huge genre and almost because there is so much more to listen to...

I guess good "normal" Punk or Punk-Rock is hard to find, like some said before... at least english Punk...
But I lost my interest in bands like Pennywise or Lagwagon, because everything sounds the same... maybe this is a problem in general Punk/Punk-Rock and so I don'T find any good new acts ;)

My fav normalo Punkers are (I'm a German, so some of these bands are unknown to people from outside Germay, sry):
...But Alive, Rantanplan and everything else with Marcus Wiebusch, just a great singer/songwriter
Electric Eel Shock 👍 👍 👍 insider tip, japanese Punk-Rockers "I cant speak english too well, but I will sing this song for you gaaaais" nice
Rancid, Good Riddance, Knochenfabrik, Operation Ivy, Blitz, Backslide, Mad Sin, Nekromantix
I guess some of it is Ska or Ska-Punk or Psychobilly or Horror-Punk or what-the-hell-who-cares-i-not-punk

Very good hard stuff I'm listening to atm:
Aus-Rotten - Not one ****in hit discography
Knuckledust - Unbreakable
Irate - New York Metal
Terror - Lowest of the low
Walls of Jericho - With devils amongst us all

enough of fav's and not fav's back to topic...

If you're talking bout real punk and how those 'lil kids can get look into the punk-genre you have to mention Three big label-names:
Epitaph, Burning Heart and the Fat Wreck Chords.

I guess almost everyone started listening to Punk with one band singed to these labels and heard lots of others of them...

If you wanna get a look at the actual Punk-scene you just have to buy one of their compilations

That's what I did too. I started out listening to punk ska stuff, then got into classic rock, then got in the Elvis and Chuck Berry 50's rock, and lately I've been listening to Frank Sinatra and Glen Miller.
Similiar thing here.
listening to Punk since I was 12...
first Festival (Punk, Metal, DnB) with 14, there I found out that there is more music besides punk! Hell yeah!
Ska and Blues... later Jazz and Classic, now almost everything... including weird Electro-Stuff (DJ Krush, Aphex Twin, Joe Clausell) and even weirder Folk'n'Roll Stuff (Kaizers Orchestra) :drool:
Love Frank Sinatra, but only 2 or 3 songs of Elvis...

New question:
Who's from Europe?
I'm searching for nice people to meet at festivals in Europe...
And I'm searching for nice festivals to meet people at, too ;)

Someone from Czech or able to go there for one weekend next july?
www.fluff-fest.com
was there this year. best festival I've ever been. cheap, loud, hardcore!

greets, Foaster
 
sex pistols
the ramones
the clash
g.b.h.
dead kennedy's
crass
the exploited
conflict
belgian asociality:crazy:
999
stiff little fingers
the adverts
cockney rejects
the damned
killing joke
discharge
none more black
 
Bad Religion is playing Warped this year. I'm wanting to go see them and NOFX this summer. If I do, I would be soo happy.
 
I sure do like punk! I'm seeing Guttermouth, along with Reel Big Fish and some punk band from Sydney in April. :D

Recently I got all of Rancid's albums, I'm really enjoying them!

Lately I've been listening to alot of Rancid, Guttermouth, The Adicts, The Ramones, The Clash and Millencolin (Mainly Same Old Tunes and The Melancholy Collection).
 
I used to be really into punk, but I don't really dig it as much anymore. It all just started to kind of sound the same for me.

I was into a lot of the bands on the epitaph label. For the most part, when I listened to it anyway, they kept it real and didn't sign too many weak bands. (besides Matchbook Romance...ugh). Some of my old favorites included Bad Religion, The Descendents, No Use For a Name (although I should hate them for singlehandedly starting the pop-punk genre), NOFX, Ten Foot Pole, Social Distortion and so on.

As I said, they were all good bands, but punk just really doesn't appeal to me much anymore. Besides Refused, they are rough as hell and one of the most musically gifted punk groups I have heard, check them out if you're not familiar already
 
Brad? Punk? Only kinda.

- Flogging Molly: Hell yes, more please! My friends often look a me a bit strange when I play it, but I love it.
- The Clash: Probably my favorite "true" Punk band, as I just cannot stand the Sex Pistols.
- The Ramones: If you're an American, you're supposed to like them...
- Kraftwerk: Yep.

A few post-punk bands?

- The Cure (kinda "punk")
- The Police (yes!)
- U2 (again, "post-punk"
- MCR
-Jane's Adiction
- RHCP (Anthony Kedis is from my Hometown)
- Boy Kill Boy (experiences are limited, but like them thus far)
- Franz Ferdinand
- Kaiser Chiefs (they didn't get much play time in America, did they?)
- The Killers (yes, probably my favorite band right now)

...Thats about all I can think of...

Generally I'm more of a traditional "rock" guy, but there aren't too many genres that I don't have a few favorites in. Post-punk certainly is good by me, but traditionally speaking, I'm not keen on every band out there.
 
punk music is so horrible. It sounds like garbage and it's lyrics are nothing but uneducation political tripe.
 
I don't really listen to punk anymore but if you gotta ask. Nausea, Crass, Choking Victim, Rancid and Greenday.
 
I sure do like punk! I'm seeing Guttermouth, along with Reel Big Fish and some punk band from Sydney in April. :D

Recently I got all of Rancid's albums, I'm really enjoying them!

Lately I've been listening to alot of Rancid, Guttermouth, The Adicts, The Ramones, The Clash and Millencolin (Mainly Same Old Tunes and The Melancholy Collection).


Rancid's great. I only wish I could play bass as good as Matt Freeman. That would be the bomb.
 
I know! The bass playing is probably the best I have on my iPod. I wish I could play bass that well, or atleast play bass... Or an instrument!
 
so far none of you in this thread like punk.

although someone mentioned the descendents, so they get points.
 
so far none of you in this thread like punk.

although someone mentioned the descendents, so they get points.

I beg to differ. Though, I can see where you're coming from as punk (as a genre) is generally hard to define, I find.
 
This thread's funny. I'm laughing my ass off... Blink 182, Green Day, Yellowcard... :lol:

Don't forget Simple Plan :dunce: .
Some of you guys need to refresh yourselves on what is considered 'punk' and why it's punk... Cradle of Filth?
 
I beg to differ. Though, I can see where you're coming from as punk (as a genre) is generally hard to define, I find.

i suppose thats true.

anyone listen to no comment?
 
Back