Any reason to Collect Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbaffoh
  • 37 comments
  • 2,561 views
VBR
I used to like collecting cars in GT5, I'd buy a few with my winnings from online racing after each Shuffle session. But now in GT6, I don't want to collect cars anymore. The reason? That awful convoluted mess of a feature, otherwise known as The Stockyard! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.

If this is a problem for you you're obviously using it wrong. If you want access to your cars all the time, simply don't use it.
 
Collecting for the sake of collecting seems silly to me when you can't sort cars by their intended use, it would make finding the car you want for a race online much more difficult and they are all at the ready in the dealership for when you actually want to use them.
 
If you want access to your cars all the time, simply don't use it.


How would not using the stock yard allow me to access my cars all the time?
 
No UCD means no sense of car collecting rare motors now:/

That was how I spent half my time connecting with GT5. Load 5 licence tests, scan the UCD for juicy low mileage Evos and freaky things. Now that fun factor has been lost.
 
No UCD means no sense of car collecting rare motors now:/

That was how I spent half my time connecting with GT5. Load 5 licence tests, scan the UCD for juicy low mileage Evos and freaky things. Now that fun factor has been lost.
I miss B-Spec and the UCD! Sometimes I was too tired to sit at the wheel in the living room and would just veg in bed on the other PS3 while my wife was reading. B-Spec Bob would grind for credits and I'd scour the UCD every five runs for rare cars. Somehow, it felt far more rewarding than the current system.
 
I miss B-Spec and the UCD! Sometimes I was too tired to sit at the wheel in the living room and would just veg in bed on the other PS3 while my wife was reading. B-Spec Bob would grind for credits and I'd scour the UCD every five runs for rare cars. Somehow, it felt far more rewarding than the current system.

I also miss the level system and the unlimited garage. No reason to get 1,000 cars now since its virtually impossible.(Stockyard DOESN'T count, plus it eats cars.)
 
I like collecting cars just so I can drive them and experience the differences. After buying some good racing and road cars I decided to buy every car under 50K credits, this was fine until the Japanese cars, lots and lots of similar Nissans, etc, made it hard work.

However I do like having a completely stock car and if I do need to upgrade a car for the time trails I tend to buy another to modify it to the race spec.

I do agree though that the Stockyard is really annoying, why can't we just have one garage for our cars, it would make life so much easier.

Got to say though that I didn't like the UCD in GT5, I felt that I had to buy every car there asap or miss out, and because of this I didn't really test all the cars. This is what GT6 is better at, you feel like you own the cars and want to test them rather than just buy everything in the UCD and then not always have the time to test them.
 
Back