Any reason to Collect Cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jbaffoh
  • 37 comments
  • 2,561 views
Messages
1,174
United States
So Cal
Messages
Whisper_Crew
I'm a latecomer to GT--I started with GT5 last August. By that point, there were no Chrome or Stealth cars to be had. But I quickly became a UCD addict and bought everything interesting or rare.

Now that everything is in the dealership, is there any reason to collect? Will the credit limit change? Will car availability change? Will grinding payouts change? I know there is no answer yet.

So I bought all Chromes. I have half of the Stealths. I have few of the base models. Is there any reason other than OCD to acquire them all?
 
Hi, Apart from collecting cars that i would like to own IRL, Trophies are another reason i collect. I`m not sure of all the trophies but i remember getting one for 100 cars and another for collecting MINIS, 15 ATM. Hope this helps a little.
 
I do plan to buy back all the cars I had in GT5, and most of the new-for-GT cars. When I get through with that, I'll have a large collection.
 
I'm a latecomer to GT--I started with GT5 last August. By that point, there were no Chrome or Stealth cars to be had. But I quickly became a UCD addict and bought everything interesting or rare.

Now that everything is in the dealership, is there any reason to collect? Will the credit limit change? Will car availability change? Will grinding payouts change? I know there is no answer yet.

So I bought all Chromes. I have half of the Stealths. I have few of the base models. Is there any reason other than OCD to acquire them all?

There is no reason you would need to get them all except if you want to test drive them all or for the sake of collecting. I got all the cars that interest me and that I need for online racing which is just a bit over 300. Oh, and 10 Frozen Black M4s just in case. :lol:
 
I used to like collecting cars in GT5, I'd buy a few with my winnings from online racing after each Shuffle session. But now in GT6, I don't want to collect cars anymore. The reason? That awful convoluted mess of a feature, otherwise known as The Stockyard! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.
 
VBR
I used to like collecting cars in GT5, I'd buy a few with my winnings from online racing after each Shuffle session. But now in GT6, I don't want to collect cars anymore. The reason? That awful convoluted mess of a feature, otherwise known as The Stockyard! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired.
A bit off topic, but is the stockyard still eating people's cars?
 
A bit off topic, but is the stockyard still eating people's cars?

I think it's fine now. Haven't heard of any cars disappearing for a while now and mine are also all still there. So the problem seems to have been solved.
 
Given you can buy any car at any time now, no. Not really.

I just buy cars as I fancy driving them now, there's no satisfaction in "Collecting them all" if all I need to do is get the money together and tick off a check list.

Yeah the UCD was tedious as all hell but at least there was some satisfaction in collection.
 
A bit off topic, but is the stockyard still eating people's cars?


No, it never ate any of mine, that's not my complaint. My problem is with the whole idea of the Stockyard; like the incredibly slow loading times, & not having access to all my cars at once like in GT5. See my thread here for more details.
 
Never been much of a collector for stuff I can't touch or sell for a profit at some point. Bought 300+ cars with glitch money. That I was interested in driving along with some high resale cars in case I need dough later...and 2 frozen black metallic beemers just in case!!
 
I only bought one frozen black Beemer! Damn. But if we ever obtain the ability to trade, I should be able to clone it.

Where are the obsessive collectors of 0/0/0 cars in every color? Are they actually driving now? Or have they given up GT?
 
I only bought one frozen black Beemer! Damn. But if we ever obtain the ability to trade, I should be able to clone it.

Where are the obsessive collectors of 0/0/0 cars in every color? Are they actually driving now? Or have they given up GT?

As I was one of those "obsessive collectors of 0/0/0 cars in every color" as you say, I am still here. :) There is no reason to go after such cars anymore as they can all be obtained easily now through the dealerships. And, just for the record, with me being one of those obsessive collectors in GT5, I never stopped driving, you can do both you know. ;)
 
LOL, I didn't mean to offend anyone!

I kinda miss the UCD and online dealership. I remember the feeling when a Mercedes C9 Sauber popped up and I was finally able to buy it. Now it's just too easy. With the dealerships open 24/7 and the 50,000,000 credit limit, there's no reason to maintain much of a garage.
 
LOL, I didn't mean to offend anyone!

I kinda miss the UCD and online dealership. I remember the feeling when a Mercedes C9 Sauber popped up and I was finally able to buy it. Now it's just too easy. With the dealerships open 24/7 and the 50,000,000 credit limit, there's no reason to maintain much of a garage.

You didn't offend me...I was just having some fun with ya. 👍 Its all good. :cheers:
 
Yeah, I remember. I remember the hunting for the FGT at the beginning. Finaly! After days of cycling trough the FGT popped up in the UCD.... yap.... I was short of money! Repeat the process please! I remember well how I found out I was on 700+ day and realised I missed the NSX LM road car by two days. Ouch!! After every single race I was in the UCD like a maniac. I remember how afraid I was just to do one championship becouse worried of lossing some cars. Yeah, I remember it was not fun... not at all.
 
Half of the cars I've collected are for nostalgic reasons. Cars like the Opel Astra Touring Car, Oreca Viper GTSR and Tom's Castrol Supra, and many, many more are in my garage purely because I loved them in previous games.

Apart from that though, no, there isn't really any reason to collect cars in GT6 other than to drive them- which is what it's all about after all, isn't it?
 
Yes there is a reason. It's because most of them drive differently. I find it nice to switch back and forth between cars of different lengths, time periods and such. Like going from an R31, R32 and so on.
 
One car I have purely for aesthetics (for now, until I get a grip on it) is the Aston Martin One-77. I got because I wanted to see what it would look like in Anniversary Deep Blue, I was very satisfied in my findings. 👍
 
I collected every used car in GT5, so that no matter what my friends were driving, I could bring out the same car and race.

I won't have the same drive to collect them all in GT6, but I might still buy everything if we ever get B-Spec. I don't want to grind Red Bull championships anymore.
 
Is the money glitch still possible?
 
@roscolove No it isn't since 1.03 patch.
 
20101001_397456.jpeg
 
I don't get why but I buy some cars and never drive them. I bought all the cars in the recommended section and I've only driven like 20 of them.
 
I only collect the cars that I drive. I like the new system because I have an uncluttered garage. Prize cars I'll never drive go to the stockyard. Very easy to find cars for events. Didn't do the glitch and buying cars with hard earned credits requires some thought. Spending more time driving with less time looking for cars.
 
I'm a latecomer to GT--I started with GT5 last August. By that point, there were no Chrome or Stealth cars to be had. But I quickly became a UCD addict and bought everything interesting or rare.

Now that everything is in the dealership, is there any reason to collect? Will the credit limit change? Will car availability change? Will grinding payouts change? I know there is no answer yet.

So I bought all Chromes. I have half of the Stealths. I have few of the base models. Is there any reason other than OCD to acquire them all?
Yes, there's a reason. I collect cars to make the game MORE COMPLETE!
 
The reason I collect (when I play GT that is) is to have the ability to drive whatever car I want.
 
I collect cars so I can match them up performance wise and set some lap times. Also so I can have some pretty intense races online.

Lamborghini/Ferrari
Camaro/mustang
Vette/viper
etc, etc.
I'm sure you get the point lol
 
I like to compare the trucks to each other, plus all the cars I want in real life. Here's a list of generally what I have:

All Vintage muscle.
Most Corvettes.
A bunch of Vipers.
Shelby cobra.
A few JDM.
Various European Supercars.

Most of my vintage muscle is running tunes from the FITT thing a while back. You should hear it when I beat someones brand new Mustang because mine is tuned for the track.
 
Back