any tips for bob on karts?

• Thread starter lav01
  • 8 comments
Try using Real Time Commands constantly.
I've won all races basically swapping between holding 'accelerate' and 'overtake'.
Depending on the track, you'll need to drop all commands early enough to let Bob do his thing for certain corners or you'll run wide.
But once you've got that down, it's a matter of swapping and holding between the other 2 commands.

Accelerate a little bit early and hang on a little bit longer. Overtake will get him to cut corners a little more. Also, if bumping someone from behind, Accelerate to push them out of the way! Finished all the IB, IA races that way. Finished the Red Bull races, but not the championship - yet.

I hate karts as well. After reading this thread a week ago I tackled the karting events of International A and B. I finished A this weekend. I set the driver to "Push the pace" though I am not sure that is necessary. I don't worry about braking. I just tell him to accelerate most of the time, backing off into the turns. So, I am either holding R1 and X or releasing them. Sometimes I may give him a left or right nudge with R1 and the D-pad but I never felt that was terribly effective. The trick for me was running the race once or twice to get a feel for the rhythm of the race, knowing when to back off into turns and when to accelerate to cut inside a cart and move up a position. I am not great at these games so if I can do it, so can you. Don't let it get in your head. Know that B-spec can win the kart races. When it finally clicks for you you'll wonder why it seemed so daunting at first.

Now if only I could win the NASCAR event at the speed ring. I came in second once, right on the bumper of the 1st place car, but usually I am somewhere between 4th and 6th. I have 572 stars out of 573. The more frustrating it becomes the more likely I will accept my limitations and stop chasing my Moby Dick. :-)

Good luck with the karting. Don't give up!

B spec is the only way I won the kart races. What worked for me is set the pace to 'push the pace' from the very beginning, and constantly tell him to overtake.
If Bob is proving to be too slow, tell him to 'push it hard'. Sometimes he will crash out, but keep persevering and you'll get there!
Also, check out the advice in the kart championship forums here as they have great tips for setting transmission speeds, and how getting an oil change/engine rebuild can gain you a couple more horsepower.

I was able to win with 'accelerate' on straights

'overtake' if the opportunity presents itself on corners

lay off 'accelerate' on a corner

but really, this isnt fun, its actually really tedious, in fact on some of the outside tracks (not kartspace) you may as well do the driving

Latest Posts

Back