Any tips, things I should know?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Digital X
  • 21 comments
  • 1,292 views
Messages
2
England
England
Messages
CrystalDemon
I haven't owned a GT game since PS1 days, recently picked this up and waiting for delivery. Is there anything I should mainly know, or be wary of in this game? It's quite a leap from GT1.
 
I haven't owned a GT game since PS1 days, recently picked this up and waiting for delivery. Is there anything I should mainly know, or be wary of in this game? It's quite a leap from GT1.
Welcome to :gtpflag: That's a very broad question! I'd recommend you spend a few hours going through the different threads...
 
Things you should wary?.. ehm..
Someone may say you would get disappointed since the game did not improve much. :lol:
 
Welcome (back?)

Congratulations on purchasing one of the greatest titles on PlayStation...

I would advise to just enjoy the game as it is. Form your own opinion.
People might sound negative... But we are bit spoiled by GT4 and GT5... So you have nothing to worry about..
Its a nice low level at entry... Gradually increasing difficulty...
Enjoy playing GT 6 and please share your findings... In a week or two to four...
Looking forward to your review

Cheers :cheers:👍
 
Welcome,

Just enjoy the game for what it is, as it has been many years since you last played it (assumption on my behalf - GT1).
 
I haven't owned a GT game since PS1 days, recently picked this up and waiting for delivery. Is there anything I should mainly know, or be wary of in this game? It's quite a leap from GT1.
It won't work in your PS1 :sly:

Other than that just enjoy it for what it is at the moment.

If you haven't played GT since 1 (I assume you have though at some point) then you're in for a big leap in realism as far as car handling goes. :)
 
The physics are very good. So you might experience quite a learning curve if you didn't run PC sims for instance. I'd recommend to leave the assists off and enjoy that curve. You will get better and it's a great feeling if you figure out how to move a car on the limit that at the beginning you found impossible to drive.

So be patient, enjoy the learning and once you are up to speed get yourself into online racing.
 
I haven't owned a GT game since PS1 days, recently picked this up and waiting for delivery. Is there anything I should mainly know, or be wary of in this game? It's quite a leap from GT1.

The best advice is to find a league/club/group on here to race with regularly, otherwise you'll be done with the game in a few days at most. But if you find a good group to race online with you can have many moons of fun with it. 👍
 
Enjoy it!


One thing I will mention.

If you start playing with fully adjustable suspension, camber is currently not working as expected, and should be set at 0.0 for the most grip.

Have a nose around, lots of information floating about.
 
Use a manual tranny. And if you are using a controller then pick a good button configuration. L2R2 for brake and gas, left stick for steering, and x/square for shift up shift down.
 
Use a manual tranny. And if you are using a controller then pick a good button configuration. L2R2 for brake and gas, left stick for steering, and x/square for shift up shift down.
If your on a controller, consider investing in a wheel. Brings the game to life in ways that the controller never can.


Logitech DFGT is an excellent first wheel.

This is directed at the OP rather than ace.
 
If your on a controller, consider investing in a wheel. Brings the game to life in ways that the controller never can.


Logitech DFGT is an excellent first wheel.

This is directed at the OP rather than ace.
I agree 100%
 
If your on a controller, consider investing in a wheel. Brings the game to life in ways that the controller never can.


Logitech DFGT is an excellent first wheel.

This is directed at the OP rather than ace.

I'm a newbie too. The only reason I bought GT6 was because my buddy gave me his Logitech DF GT steering wheel once he upgraded to the XBox One (his daughter traded in her PS3 to gamestop for credit toward the XBox One). So, I had a steering wheel, a PS3 that I never used except for Netflix and MLB.TV and I decided to try GT6. I am absolutely hooked!! I love it!!

You mentioned that it's a decent first wheel. What would you recommend, if this steering wheel goes belly up on me?

I really like this wheel, but would you say the G27 is a much better wheel? If so, what makes it so much better? The metal pedals and shifter?

Or should I invest in a Fanatec?
 
I'm a newbie too. The only reason I bought GT6 was because my buddy gave me his Logitech DF GT steering wheel once he upgraded to the XBox One (his daughter traded in her PS3 to gamestop for credit toward the XBox One). So, I had a steering wheel, a PS3 that I never used except for Netflix and MLB.TV and I decided to try GT6. I am absolutely hooked!! I love it!!

You mentioned that it's a decent first wheel. What would you recommend, if this steering wheel goes belly up on me?

I really like this wheel, but would you say the G27 is a much better wheel? If so, what makes it so much better? The metal pedals and shifter?

Or should I invest in a Fanatec?
I only have first hand experience with a dfgt I'm afraid.


Lots of info here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/


I intend on moving to a G27 after my dfgt (if and when it gets the thumbs up for gt7/ps4 compatibility)

Main differences are more metal in its construction, therfore stronger and more durable.

Twin motors compared to dfgt 's single one.

Helical gears keep things much quieter.

H pattern shifter, and clutch.

Also I think the paddles stay still, rather than rotating with the wheel. I could be wrong on this last one.


I hear lots of great things about fanatec, but I have first hand experience with Logitechs excellent customer service, so I trust them.
 
I only have first hand experience with a dfgt I'm afraid.


Lots of info here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/sim-racing-hardware.163/


I intend on moving to a G27 after my dfgt (if and when it gets the thumbs up for gt7/ps4 compatibility)

Main differences are more metal in its construction, therfore stronger and more durable.

Twin motors compared to dfgt 's single one.

Helical gears keep things much quieter.

H pattern shifter, and clutch.

Also I think the paddles stay still, rather than rotating with the wheel. I could be wrong on this last one.


I hear lots of great things about fanatec, but I have first hand experience with Logitechs excellent customer service, so I trust them.

I hear ya. This wheel has been great. I can only imagine the G27 is even better. I'm sure Fanatec products are great, but man, they aren't cheap! I could have sworn that I read ALL steering wheel controls that work on PS3 WILL work on PS4. But, don't take my word for it.
 
I hear ya. This wheel has been great. I can only imagine the G27 is even better. I'm sure Fanatec products are great, but man, they aren't cheap! I could have sworn that I read ALL steering wheel controls that work on PS3 WILL work on PS4. But, don't take my word for it.

I think it's worth waiting for proper confirmation.

I'm sure it should be fine though.

Enjoy the dfgt, then look at a g27 when you know your hooked.


I'm sure the fanatec stuff is excellent. Only every hear excellent stuff about them. Just outside my budget though.

I think the best thing about fanatec, is (I think) most of their stuff is cross compatible. So you can use your favourite pedals with your favourite wheel (inside the fanatec family) without any issues.

I know their club sport pedals are highly recommended.
 
Also I think the paddles stay still, rather than rotating with the wheel. I could be wrong on this last one.

Just to help clear this up, the paddles move with the wheel - on a G27.

Back to the topic, one thing to be wary of is over tuning. It ruines most cars if you're not careful with what you do. Suspension for example, doesn't need to be tuned to either extremes but rather "fine" tuned. Once you start over tuning, most cars feel dull and a little lifeless. This is just my opinion of course but I'm sure others feel the same.

Also, keep away from the internet :lol:, there's a lot of negativity in the forums about the game - like @Squanto mentioned, many people have become spoiled and want a game their way. Play the game for what it's worth and form your own opinion.
 
I haven't owned a GT game since PS1 days, recently picked this up and waiting for delivery. Is there anything I should mainly know, or be wary of in this game? It's quite a leap from GT1.

Welcome!

Here are my suggestions.

First, while you wait for delivery, read http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/. Why, because it will provide you with a clear set of expectations about GT6. It tells you what is in the original release of the software, and what they plan to deliver in future updates. This game is a journey and not a release day destination.

To get some idea of what might be in the future, you can try GT5. GT5, for example, has its implementation of a course maker and "B-Spec". I bought GT5 (cheaply) just weeks before my GT6 pre-order arrived to get a feel for what GT is about.

GT5 will have the online parts shut down shortly, so if you do this, get in fast and do some seasonal races to earn money and gain experience. Try B-Spec and Course maker. Try the Used Car lot. Try it all.

Back to GT6. The online experience is great, especially if you choose who to race with. Online is fun, but not financially rewarding. To make money, do the career stuff, and the seasonals.

I came from Forza where I used the Microsoft wheel. I now have the G27 which is vastly superior, but I don't know how it compares with other PS3-compatible wheels.
 
My advice is .. dont play online ...it's bloody terrible 👍
 
Make sure you log in to PSN in the game every day. Consecutive daily logins boost your earning multiplier up until it caps out at 200%. Then maintain your daily logins.

Just start the game up, wait for the confirming message, "Save" and exit the game. (The "Save" step is probably not required, but I'm paranoid :crazy:. I also make backups of my PS3 regularly. Did I say I'm paranoid?)
 
Back