Any TOOL fan has to read this!Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter KosmikFool
  • 26 comments
  • 1,029 views
Yeah, I stumbled across that before. I like Tool and that is all there is to it.
 
This guy has WAY too much time on his hands.
 
I haven't even heard Tool but I'm left with a WTF expression on my face.
 
Oh, holy cow. This is the stuff that makes organized religion so laughable to me. The fact that they take this stuff so deadly seriously, when Tool doesn't even take it that seriously...
 
Originally posted by under18carbon
Looks like I have found a new site for all my Tool lyrics need.
I thought you said they suck?
BTW, they do not suck. ;)
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
I thought you said they suck?
BTW, they do not suck. ;)

What? He's one of the biggest TOOL fans on here...:odd:
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
What? He's one of the biggest TOOL fans on here...:odd:
I did not realize that. I was talking about when he said "They suck" in an above post.
Oh, and I've never meet anyone who is a bigger Tool fan then I. :D
 
I did not realize that. I was talking about when he said "They suck" in an above post.
I did not mean that Tool sucks, I meant the guy who did that website sucks.

Tool rules.
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
I did not realize that. I was talking about when he said "They suck" in an above post.
Oh, and I've never meet anyone who is a bigger Tool fan then I. :D

You haven't met Shant (under19carbon), Ryan, Jimmy (Klostrophobic), or me (Ian) apparently. :lol:
 
You forgot me and RER, damnit.

You haven't even got Undertow or Opiate and I recall your Aeinma doesn't even have a case. :p
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
You forgot me and RER, damnit.

You haven't even got Undertow or Opiate and I recall your Aeinma doesn't even have a case. :p

Still, I've "acquired" loads of their songs. Just because I don't have access doesn't mean I'm not a fan, right?

And get on AIM you dolt.
 
Don't hate on me, just because I have a Tool hoodie and j00 dontz0rz. :p

I'm too busy spamming on this messageboard (Uh working) to Aim you.
 
You have a hoodie?! Bah!!!

271003-durrcocksoriginal.gif
 
Heh Heh.

Oh and I forgot Mr Neon_Duke, he knows much more about Tool than I, although Klawwwwwz probably does as well.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
You haven't met Shant (under19carbon), Ryan, Jimmy (Klostrophobic), or me (Ian) apparently. :lol:
Sweet!!! I am glad to see so many Tool fans. I love Tool and I have every album, import, and box set. I just went to Lalapalooza and saw Maynard with a Perfect Circle, they rocked. Anyway here is a little quote, see if you can tell what song it is from:

"So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running?" Shrouding all the ground around me. Is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand. Which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been." ;)
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
Heh Heh.

Oh and I forgot Mr Neon_Duke, he knows much more about Tool than I, although Klawwwwwz probably does as well.
neon_duke is the man. I haven't really decided about Klos, he's kind of strange. ;)
 
:blush:

KLAAAWS is cool too. Much cooler than is readily apparent from a lot of his posts.
;)
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
:blush:

KLAAAWS is cool too. Much cooler than is readily apparent from a lot of his posts.
;)
Yeah, some of his post are very random. I just don't know when he's being serious. ;)
 
See location ;)

If there is a GOD on earth, his name is James Maynard-Keenen.
 
tool rock, slip & i saw them at Ozfest '02.
Some people obvously have way too much time on their hands!!! Instead of writing **** about music they should go out and get a life!
 
LOL,.. I just looked at that site,.. ROFLMFAO! People are whacko's , lol.

Did noticie they gave the TOOL side one shread of a chance to speak their opinions, they have ONE e-mail posted from a pro-tool visiter to their site.

Letter from Tool fan
Sarah@xxxx.net" <sarah@xxx.net> wrote:


I hope that you will see this as "original thought." If all Tool fans are writing the same things, then perhaps you're right-maybe we are under some sort of strange spell. I take into consideration the fact that I may be hypnotized at this very moment...I listened to Tool today...

Let me tell you something about myself. I am 22 years old. I'm married with a toddler, and another baby due. I am finishing my degree in education, and will soon be teaching at the elementary level. I claim no formal religion. I can appreciate aspects of every one I know something about. I feel that even though I am not a church-going Christian, I still have high moral values. Most importantly, my values and my view of the meaning of life have been highly influenced by the music of Tool. If my mind is being controlled by the band, they are not making me feel depressed or angry. I do not have the desire to do drugs or whatever you think they may want me to do.

I will admit, however, that I have been brainwashed into purchasing a new CD if my copy is ever damaged. I own every single one, and I always will. (Thank you for clearing this up for me, Blair, I thought I was just
compulsive.)

I cannot tell you what Tool is up to. I don't know. Yours is not the first website I have seen that makes them seem untrustworthy. I will admit that their ability to control a crowd can be overwhelming. The fact that they are able to make me feel the way that I do could scare me, if I let it. I, however, have FAITH that they are not using this ability in a negative way.

When I listen to a Tool CD, I do not notice any changes if I am not actively listening. In order to feel the "trance," I have to concentrate. It is definitely a willingness on my part. The last time I saw the band play live, I closed my eyes to minimize the information from my senses. I only wanted the music to makes its way in. (It is hard to put this into words.) The music alters my state of consciousness. Whether I am hypnotized or having a spiritual experience does not really matter. The last time I saw them, I felt my body begin to break down into it's tiniest molecules and float towards the center of the room.

Understand that this is what you had posted on your site! What our brain tells us we are seeing is merely what we have adapted to perceive. We are all nothing but energy. Why couldn't the music have the ability to alter our perception? There are bounds of information about altering your state of consciousness. Meditation can do it, drugs can do it, and music can definitely do it. Music is used in many religions for this very purpose. My Tool CD and my meditation CD of Hindu chant may sound very different, but if I use them correctly they both make me feel the same way. My mind will be clear, my heart will be so open that it will ache, I will be kind and loving.

Tool may speak of anger and pain, but those things exist. You have to focus on them if you ever want to experience healing. How can you understand pleasure without pain? It is necessary to experience suffering
in order to be humbled. When you are in that open-hearted state, you can do no harm. This is what Jesus, the Buddha, Lao Tsu and countless other religious leaders advocated. I feel that this is what Tool as trying to accomplish. If we could all feel that enlightenment, and hold onto it, what a wonderful world this would be.

I believe that you have a problem with the band because you do not understand what they are talking about and it makes you feel uncomfortable. I can understand that. The fact that Tool may be involved in things that you view as evil is of no concern to me. I'm sure that most fans of theirs would agree. I know that I am not being coerced into doing evil things. Tool's music may make me question my views of reality, but I feel that that is a healthy part of being human.

Thank you for your time,

Sarah



She makes some great points,... people do all kinds of things for all kinds of reasons, the fact people can manipulate those fealings into making others believe their being put into a "hypnotic trance" is completely rediculous..... hilarious for that matter.
 
Originally posted by silviadrifter
Sweet!!! I am glad to see so many Tool fans. I love Tool and I have every album, import, and box set. I just went to Lalapalooza and saw Maynard with a Perfect Circle, they rocked. Anyway here is a little quote, see if you can tell what song it is from:

"So good to see you. I've missed you so much. So glad it's over. I've missed you so much. Came out to watch you play. Why are you running?" Shrouding all the ground around me. Is this holy crow above me. Black as holes within a memory and blue as our new second sun. I stick my hand into his shadow to pull the pieces from the sand. Which I attempt to reassemble to see just who I might have been." ;)

Third Eye...my favorite TOOL song. 13 minutes of glory.
 
BTW,.. anyone read the part about how TOOL has brainwashed us to buy/replace and old/lost album?

If thats the case,.. they need to write a column about Metallica's Master of Puppets and Pantera's Far Beyond Driven,... I think I've owed over 5 copies of each, LOL.

Hmmm,.. if I think real hard, I can list all the albumns I've owned multiple copies of,... plus I'm bored so here goes :lol:

Metallica-
Master of Puppets (x5+)
Ride the Lighting (x3+)
Black (x3+)
Kill 'em All (x3+)

Pantera-
Far Betyond Driven (x5+)
Vulgar Display of Power (another (x5+))
Cowboys From Hell (x3+)
101 Proof (x3+)

TOOL-
Aneima (x3+)
Undertow (x3+)
Shcism (x2)

Marylin Manson-
Anti-Christ Superstar (x3+)

Iron Maiden-
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (x20+) LOL,... almost ;)

Twisted Sister-
Stay Hungary (x5+)

on, and on, and on,... It's safe to say that I've been brainwashed since the second grade, LOL.

:cheers:
 
Back