Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
Just had a look and both FXX K and P1 are 3.6mil. I thought the price of the P1 was 5mil, judging by the appraisal figure. That’s crazy.

I know it’s been wished and suggested, but this is where a used market for these cars should come into play. Not having to hope and dream for certain invite cars, but sold cars should cycle in the UCD too. Having them available in both markets is a win. The P1 isn’t a new car and should be treated like rare cars, such as the NSX R ‘02.
The FXX K I sold, should cycle as a HOT car once a month. Something like that.
Man that is insane, so where can you acquire that car, in the legendary dealerships? Or somewhere else? I'm just wondering because if I get real low in credits I may have to a last resort move with that!

Interesting to see what other cars there are in the game.

Man that is insane, so where can you acquire that car, in the legendary dealerships? Or somewhere else? I'm just wondering because if I get real low in credits I may have to a last resort move with that!

Every car mentioned in @05XR8 's post is in the regular new car dealerships under Brand Central. Some may require an invitation to buy.

As mentioned above, that Ferrari FXX k requires an invitation or luck of the Daily Mileage Roulette Ticket(which is how I acquired it).
Well, I got a six star ticket on Tuesday for Titanium Rods & Pistons(Evo Gr.B Road Car), six star for Ceramic Brakes(One-77).
Just then, a six star for… no words…

View attachment 1220701

The McLaren P1 GTR can be bought for 3.6 million Cr. without an invitation.

Last edited:
Is it just me or the concept of selling cars over-rated in GT7? As someone that has sold over 600 cars, and made millions, the feature's implementation feels like a punch in the gut with fluctuating car values that never seem to go higher than the car's base price, toppled with cars in the dealerships that take weeks/months to appear again.

The current implementation with the graphs and fluctuating values gives the illusion that you could profit from car selling, but reality is you don't actually profit it from doing this at all as if you were to sell your cars you'd be forced to wait weeks and/or months for a car to appear again so you could buy it, effectively punishing the player for car selling.
I never expected to be able to sell cars with a profit TBH, I don’t think any game allows that. The only game I know that lets you sell cars back at break-even full price (including upgrades) is SnowRunner.

All I wanted from the selling cars feature in GT7 was a way to get rid of dupes (and my 400+ NSX GrB’s 😝) and they implemented that. The fluctuating car prices just mean that I might have to consider not selling a dupe car on a certain day but hold on to it for a week or more, and check again. It’s a bit of a hassle but I don’t mind it that much.

The NSX Gr.B’s I try to sell one car every day regardless of reselling price to get rid of them as soon as possible, but occasionally I have to skip a day because of the silly real 24h cooldown time in between sales of the same car. They should have just allowed you to sell 1 car each day, which basically comes down to more or less the same selling speed but less stress on the player. For example today I sold my NSX Gr.B around 6h40 AM or something because I woke up early, tomorrow if I sleep better I might already lose a few hours and sell it around 8h30 AM. It’s just annoying but still better than not being able to sell them.

I never expected to be able to sell cars with a profit TBH, I don’t think any game allows that. The only game I know that lets you sell cars back at break-even full price (including upgrades) is SnowRunner.

All I wanted from the selling cars feature in GT7 was a way to get rid of dupes (and my 400+ NSX GrB’s 😝) and they implemented that. The fluctuating car prices just mean that I might have to consider not selling a dupe car on a certain day but hold on to it for a week or more, and check again. It’s a bit of a hassle but I don’t mind it that much.

The NSX Gr.B’s I try to sell one car every day regardless of reselling price to get rid of them as soon as possible, but occasionally I have to skip a day because of the silly real 24h cooldown time in between sales of the same car. They should have just allowed you to sell 1 car each day, which basically comes down to more or less the same selling speed but less stress on the player. For example today I sold my NSX Gr.B around 6h40 AM or something because I woke up early, tomorrow if I sleep better I might already lose a few hours and sell it around 8h30 AM. It’s just annoying but still better than not being able to sell them.
I had four of them. And I find it annoying enough they're 40k less than they were when they implemented the selling feature, so I can only feel your pain at trying to sell 400 of them and seeing the difference in value! ;)

I had four of them. And I find it annoying enough they're 40k less than they were when they implemented the selling feature, so I can only feel your pain at trying to sell 400 of them and seeing the difference in value! ;)
Yeah it started around 120K and now it’s near 80K. But honestly if I could sell all 350+ or whatever I have remaining tomorrow at once for 50K each I would even do that. I’m close to owning every LCD/UCD/invitational car anyway, I’m not too stressed about the other Brands Central cars since they can be purchased at any time.

So I’ve come at a point that soon I’m not going to care much about credits anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah it started around 120K and now it’s near 80K. But honestly if I could sell all 350+ or whatever I have remaining tomorrow at once for 50K each I would even do that. I’m close to owning every LCD/UCD/invitational car anyway, I’m not too stressed about the other Brands Central cars since they can be purchased at any time.

So I’ve come at a point that soon I’m not going to care much about credits anyway.
Meanwhile I was recovering from buying the McLaren F1 GTR and dropping to 130k credits the other night... :cheers:

The more I read back in this thread, the now I realise how pointless car selling really is. Apart from NSX bonanza participants (bravo), and the occasional unwanted prize car profits.

Here's my logic...

- 'Boring' road cars don't sell for any amounts even worth thinking about as a short race, easily won from single player events will get the same money. Literally only useful to tidy up your garage.

- Selling exquisite cars for 1m+ which are more difficult to obtain makes no sense as the reward for a couple of grind races would get you the same credits without having to remove the car. Only the most impatient players will be using this option (and let's face it, if you would rather click a button for credits rather than drive motor cars, are you playing the right game?).

In the case that you may want quick cash to buy something for 8-20m from the UCD, it's totally unintuitive to sell one or more of your existing Garage Legends in order to facilitate it as you've already invested the playing time to get THOSE in the first place.

The more I read back in this thread, the now I realise how pointless car selling really is. Apart from NSX bonanza participants (bravo), and the occasional unwanted prize car profits.

Here's my logic...

- 'Boring' road cars don't sell for any amounts even worth thinking about as a short race, easily won from single player events will get the same money. Literally only useful to tidy up your garage.

- Selling exquisite cars for 1m+ which are more difficult to obtain makes no sense as the reward for a couple of grind races would get you the same credits without having to remove the car. Only the most impatient players will be using this option (and let's face it, if you would rather click a button for credits rather than drive motor cars, are you playing the right game?).

In the case that you may want quick cash to buy something for 8-20m from the UCD, it's totally unintuitive to sell one or more of your existing Garage Legends in order to facilitate it as you've already invested the playing time to get THOSE in the first place.
Its only pointless because PD set it up that way.
In previous GT games; you could redo championships and win a prize car every time you did it. You could sell these cars to make decent profit. It was also really easy to sell these cars, you always knew the price and you could sell more than one of them a day.

In GT7 - PD put a massive focus on reducing the earning potential within the same except for grinding the same 1-2 events, which is still comparatively much slower than previous games. They never wanted to be able to sell cars and make quick cash.

It is what it is though. Thankfully for me, I made use of the afk script after they nerfed Fisherman's ranch way back when and I have all the cars and a cool 70mill set aside. I have about 20 or so of the NSX and stopped at that point because I thought that "won" cars wouldn't be able to be sold. While I was wrong, I'm still glad I don't have hundreds of these clogging up my garage and feelings the need to log in every day to sell one

Back