Any update on selling cars yet?

• Thread starter IcySlivers
  • 280 comments
Shoot! Forgot to take a pic. I just sold one of my TCR spec Honda CTR ‘20s. The price was 24,000. It was appraised at 44,000. I sold it for that amount. I guess my added parts raised the selling price.
Edit: A quick one with tuning valuation.
1669278566830.jpeg

Last edited:
I receieved the Focus Gr.B as a gift. Added SH tyres to do the Tokyo grind and sold it for 121,420. I only paid 3,000 for the tyres. My Tuning Valuation was 7,680.

Only PD could implement such a simple feature in such a needlessly complicated and anti-user way. Just give us a sell button that sells the car for a portion of the price you paid for it when you press it in the garage and let us sell cars whenever we want. I guarantee 99% of players would have been fine with this. Why do we even need a time limit? Other than the obvious reason of encouraging the sale of credits.

EDIT: To be clear I don't own any NSX Gr. B duplicates so this isn't me getting salty about not being able to sell them, it just blows my mind that they've gone with something so complex

Last edited:
We can sell the bonanza NSX Gr. B car for a good amount of money, however we are limited to one duplicate per day. So you can sell gift cars, and not just duplicates!
Overall the feature is very good, it takes tuning parts into account, but not mileage (strange). I made a quick 2 millions selling roulette duplicates :)

Last edited:
I dont understand why it's so much of a game changer for so many this issue, one day you may need the car you happen to have just sold. And cant buy it for whatever reason then you stumped. So may aswell keep them in the bank. ..just my views
You are right, but I do not need 4 or 5 of the same car that the wheel of **** has given me.

So, they seem to have kept the percentage at about 30% resale value. Doesn't seem quite fair ... PD sells you a used car at a marginal discount depending on mileage, and if you sell a car that's never been driven, you lose 70%.

On the other hand, I think something like that might be necessary to keep the economy of the game from getting out of hand. If you can sell everything you ever bought with only marginal losses, then every player's net worth, i.e. the total value of all cars plus the cash credits, would be always increasing and soon be huge, so credits (and thereby the player's need to still race in GT7) would become meaningless.

So, they seem to have kept the percentage at about 30% resale value. Doesn't seem quite fair ... PD sells you a used car at a marginal discount depending on mileage, and if you sell a car that's never been driven, you lose 70%.

On the other hand, I think something like that might be necessary to keep the economy of the game from getting out of hand. If you can sell everything you ever bought with only marginal losses, then every player's net worth, i.e. the total value of all cars plus the cash credits, would be always increasing and soon be huge, so credits (and thereby the player's need to still race in GT7) would become meaningless.
30? It's closer to 50 than it is 30. Seems to range from around 40-60 which is completely fair imo.

“In GT7 I would like to have users enjoy lots of cars and races even without microtransactions. At the same time the pricing of cars is an important element that conveys their value and rarity, so I do think it’s important for it to be linked with the real world prices."
He obviously forgot to add "but only when we are selling them, when players sell them it's not important".

They're so full of 💩

Sold 98-99% of my cars to the game, (240-250 of 'em) got 31.4 million Cr in the process. Had many legends worth 50-60% of their buy prices.

Gonna finally start my own selection!! :D and yes, I was massively surprised when I saw they accepted gift cars.

Last edited:
I didn't expect that they will make selling cars so unnecessarily complicated xD

TBH, I expected it to be more complex UIwise. In GT1 you needed to go into the car, go to the manufacturer, sell it, return to garage to select more.

In this we have one single menu and list of cars where you can just sell whatever you want with just few button presses. Nothing to complain.

BTW, I expect GrB NSX prices go down rapidly. It’s what oversupply does. 😉

TBH, I expected it to be more complex UIwise. In GT1 you needed to go into the car, go to the manufacturer, sell it, return to garage to select more.

In this we have one single menu and list of cars where you can just sell whatever you want with just few button presses. Nothing to complain.
This. These kids don't remember what it was like.

How is it complicated? Select a car hit appraise and sell!!
Other way round, hit appraise, select a car and sell.

I don't think you can sell the car you are currently using, so don't get into the car you want to sell first.

The menu book requirement sits wrong with me. There are a lot of players who don't have time to finish the main campaign and this just singles them out. In the "real" driving simulator people shouldn't have to beat the best (ai) drivers in the world just to sell a car.

So, people complained all the time how the "career" is short and everybody completed in a few hours, yet now people say they don't have time to complete all the menu books.
Give PD a break, the requirement is a fair one, and the feature is nice, but I guess hating on the game is a globally practiced sport.

The menu book requirement sits wrong with me. There are a lot of players who don't have time to finish the main campaign and this just singles them out. In the "real" driving simulator people shouldn't have to beat the best (ai) drivers in the world just to sell a car.
Agreed. A friend of mine has so little spare time atm that I had to log into his account and finish the menus only to be able to grind for him a bit so he can buy a few nice cars to race me with online.

30? It's closer to 50 than it is 30. Seems to range from around 40-60 which is completely fair imo.
The infamous NSX GrB, which costs 350,000 new, can now be sold for less than 110,000. I have just sold a duplicate Gr.4 car (also usually priced at 350,000) for less than 100,000.

From what I saw in the price progression charts, the prices seem to wander between 25 and 50%, the majority being around 30%. I have yet to see one that ever had one over 50%.

What's weird is, that the mileage does not seem to have any influence on the price like it does when you buy something at the UCD. I had 2 cars, 1 of which was at over 90,000km and one had less than 10,000 - both same selling price.

Would have been nice to have a sorting filter of “amount of duplicates” since that’s really the only sorting I’m interested in

From what I saw in the price progression charts, the prices seem to wander between 25 and 50%, the majority being around 30%. I have yet to see one that ever had one over 50%.
That Porsche 917K sells for I think it was 11 or 13 mill or so, that sure is more than 50% resell value since the buying prize was 18 mill.

So I was thinking that limit of 1 car per model per day has reset with daily marathon (ticket). I was wrong. You have to wait 24 hours before selling next car.

Back