Any vehicle suggestions for the 10 race GT Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dak125
  • 64 comments
  • 5,296 views
Messages
15
This is for the Gran Turismo Championship in the Professional Events. I tried running the LM Camaro with a little over 900 HP and medium race tires but got absolutely worked. Any suggestions as to what kind of car I should get to even keep up with these guys? More to the point, any idea which OTHER race I need to win in order to obtain some wickedly fast race car :D?

Thanks in advance.
 
I tried the CLK GTR (the fastest car I currently own) with little success, even with B-Spec mode, and fully modded. The only way I found to run up front was to use Racing Softs, but they wear out in about 6 laps.

The fast cars are all in the enduros... Grand Valley gives you the Sauber C9, El Capitan gives the Toyota 88C-V, which are the quickest cars in the championship. Either of those should do the trick, at least I hope.
 
Grand valley doesn't gie you the C9 in the US version of GT4, I think the Formula GT championship gives you the C9 in that version. Not fully confirmed yout but another guy on another board claims he's got it from there.

I've done a race in the GT World in the CLK-GTR and won (tuned a little), as Punkrock said the Minolta 88CV will win or save 4,500,000 for one of the race cars like the Audi R8.
 
While I haven't run that race yet, my fully tuned Ford GT is by far the fastest car in my garage. Put a brake balancer on it, jack up the brakes on the back, and it's good to go. Frightening acceleration and awsome handling.
 
And I doubt it would stand a chance.
 
I'll let you guys no tonight, I've had it at over 210 mph on short straights, without flying off the road at the end, so it's still gonna be the first thing I use for that race.
 
live4speed
And I doubt it would stand a chance.
Been there, done that - got owned :irked:

The last test in Mission Hall will give you the R92C which should make the championship doable...
 
dreamakah
I'll let you guys no tonight, I've had it at over 210 mph on short straights, without flying off the road at the end, so it's still gonna be the first thing I use for that race.
Do you have a tuned stock GT or one or the LM spec models? Power to weight will alone doom it in this championship.
 
I'm saving up enough money to buy all the black LMP cars in the used car garage. I'm hoping one of those will help me win. If not, will an Audi R8 do it?
 
dreamakah
I'll let you guys no tonight, I've had it at over 210 mph on short straights, without flying off the road at the end, so it's still gonna be the first thing I use for that race.

I don't know which ford GT you are talking about, but the 2 that have power-to-weight ratio info HERE have ratios of 2.00 and 1.86. I used the 88C-V and I had a PWR of .730. I easily won the championship, but not enough to believe that I could do it in a car that has 1/2 the PWR. I just don't know the tracks well enough at high speed. Maybe you do - good luck, but I think you will be running that ford GT in the El Capitan enduro in order to get the 88C-V.
 
dreamakah
Stock Tuned.
He means is your Ford GT a stock one they you bought and then fully tuned it, or is it one of the two LM GT's.
 
live4speed
Grand valley doesn't gie you the C9 in the US version of GT4, I think the Formula GT championship gives you the C9 in that version. Not fully confirmed yout but another guy on another board claims he's got it from there.

Hmm... I think we'll have to do a PAL/NTSC update to the prize car list.
 
live4speed
He means is your Ford GT a stock one they you bought and then fully tuned it, or is it one of the two LM GT's.


Understood, what I meant was that I bought the production 05 Ford GT and fully upgraded it. I think it'll be just a matter of tuning it right for the races, if I do win it tonight I'll post the tuning specs.
 
dreamakah
While I haven't run that race yet, my fully tuned Ford GT is by far the fastest car in my garage. Put a brake balancer on it, jack up the brakes on the back, and it's good to go. Frightening acceleration and awsome handling.

My LM Camaro runs 9.6 in the 1/4, I have a Z06 that does 271.2 MPH and they got absolutely owned. Thanks for the suggestions fellas, Looks like I have some other races to accomplish :).

PS: Mods, please let my Nurburgring thread in 👍
 
I doubt it will win anything in that cup tbh, it's a fast little car but 210mph on a straight isn't enough, add to that cornering speeds and the GT tuned or not doesn't match the likes of the Spped 8, R8, 88CV ect.
 
I don't ever see anyone mention the McLaren F1 in topics about good cars... does it suck that bad or something? That's one of those cars I'd like to give a try. :)
 
You don't get it till late on, you have to complete the GT all stars to win it and you can't do that until you've unlocked the profesional hall, and you need to win this to get there.
 
I started with the same Camaro - I was destroyed.

So I bought the Audi R8 - stage 3 turbo - won 3 out of the 10. For some reason I could not get the R8 to run well on the oval, came in dead last.

I want to try again with the CLK-GTR, I can't find the info, but it should be as fast as the R8. Anybody have lap times of the CLK-GTR vs R8 at LeMans?
 
I B-Spec'd this series with the Audi R8 fully tuned and won 7/10 races, lost one at the last second by a tenth and the other two by about 30 seconds a piece.
 
hacker-pschorr
Anybody have lap times of the CLK-GTR vs R8 at LeMans?

Great question. In addition, does anyone know how the other LeMans prototypes compare with each other?
 
smellysocks12
I don't ever see anyone mention the McLaren F1 in topics about good cars... does it suck that bad or something? That's one of those cars I'd like to give a try. :)
Me too both the F1 and BMW LM with the same V12 motor have little mentioned at all.
 
This bickering over the ford GT is pointless, it gets whooped anyway you try. Get a real lemans car baby, then earn the right to fight with the big boys :)
 
Bickering, have you been reading the wrong thread Nemo ;).
 
I used the Minolta Toyota from the El captain endurance. Add a turbo and hard racing tires and it wins easily.

By the way, I did the grand valley endurance, and the prize is indeed the Auto Union, not the C9.
 
I used the CLK that I won over at the Touring Car Championship ( B-speced that series) I added a Turbo to the CLK for the Professional Hall Championship. I won all 10 races with me driving in A-spec. It was very close and very hard.

I think the secret was the tire set-up. I used Medium's on the front and Hard's on the back. I ended up pitting in at the exact time the front runner's tended to pit and with the Turbo and over 900hp I could smoke them all on the track.

Give it a go. ( Just have patience cause if you make any mistakes, its restart time!! )
 
hacker-pschorr
Anybody have lap times of the CLK-GTR vs R8 at LeMans?

I've got some Le Mans Trap times for you (sorry no lap times)

R8 (Le Mans 2002) - 204.6 mph
C9 (Le Mans 1989) - 248 mph
CLR (Le Mans 1999) - 216.4mph (sorry no CLK-GTR)

You should however remember that the C9 speed was set in '89, the last year before the chicances on the Mulsanne straight.

All data from Mulsanne Corner
 
Back