Any vehicle suggestions for the 10 race GT Championship?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dak125
  • 64 comments
  • 5,296 views
subarurallyfan
I used the Minolta Toyota from the El captain endurance. Add a turbo and hard racing tires and it wins easily.

By the way, I did the grand valley endurance, and the prize is indeed the Auto Union, not the C9.

Sounds like a good plan, thanks 👍
 
hacker-pschorr
I started with the same Camaro - I was destroyed.

So I bought the Audi R8 - stage 3 turbo - won 3 out of the 10. For some reason I could not get the R8 to run well on the oval, came in dead last.

I want to try again with the CLK-GTR, I can't find the info, but it should be as fast as the R8. Anybody have lap times of the CLK-GTR vs R8 at LeMans?
The key to winning is to have tires with a long enough life span so that you will not have to pit, also, QUALIFY!!! You get a great jumpstart ESPECIALLY in rolling start races....

As for the oval, set it to 2-3 for B-spec, with the hardest tires


btw, I used to pescarolo C60, and did fine
 
would love to see a replay file or short clip to see these tough races. đź’ˇ
 
hacker-pschorr
I started with the same Camaro - I was destroyed.

So I bought the Audi R8 - stage 3 turbo - won 3 out of the 10. For some reason I could not get the R8 to run well on the oval, came in dead last.

I want to try again with the CLK-GTR, I can't find the info, but it should be as fast as the R8. Anybody have lap times of the CLK-GTR vs R8 at LeMans?

What manufacturer makes the R8? what kind of car is it?
 
super_brrd
What manufacturer makes the R8? what kind of car is it?

Audi

Le Mans Prototype

audi-r8.jpg
 
Well, I'm about to get the Polyphony F1 from Nurburgring and they should do it. Lol.
 
I just did the series in a Minolta won at the El Capitan enduro, I B-Spec"ed" the whole serie and won, but the Ai is sometime so stupid, I was running the El capitan race in the championship, 10/11 laps, I was running on Cruise(2), he PITS! I switch it back to A spec and I save the day, but Oh My God!!
 
RoxxorJoorSoxxo
QUALIFY!!!
What am I missing here, didn't see an option to qualify.


R8 = Audi
One of the most dominating prototypes since the 962 (doesn't hurt to add that in the ALMS, there wasn't much competition)

38626.jpg
 
Ignore. Walked away without clicking Submit. :)
 
ok, what race do you win that out, the enduro races says i cant open it yet untill i finish beginner and pro, what am i missing here. :scared:
 
emeraldtiger
if you guys ran the el capitan enduro whats the best car for it

used a supercharged cadillac cien from special conditions race #1, in b-spec, not even a challenge.
 
cobragt
ok, what race do you win that out, the enduro races says i cant open it yet untill i finish beginner and pro, what am i missing here. :scared:
extreme requires those to be complete, enduro requires 25% game completion.
 
Gee thanks guys. so i guess the R8 is a pretty coveted race machine, eh? Well, how good is it and how do i get it?
 
I just got done racing with the Tpyota 7 race car. Still got owned. I was running a stage 4 on it with almost 1200 hp. It could keep up but the tires burnt up. The only way I see to pass this event is to get one of the UBER fast cars from the enduro's....Jeez. Bout time GT put us a challenge in the game tho.
 
ok, in order to get 25 percent competion and get the car thats great for the enduro, will completing the special events do the job, i think i have about 15.7 percent completed. anyone answer thanks.
 
I just got my F1 car from Nurburgring 24h. (Yellow with black trim, very nice) and for some reason they won't let you take it to GT Auto for oil changes and car washes. But I raced it really fast on the GT Championship and it rules all barely even trying. Even though the 7-speed makes it feel very wierd.
 
A good car for the GT World Championship is the Nissan R89C Race Car you get from the driving missions.
 
I'll probably be using the playstation pescarolo.
 
Heres something that worked. I did it in B-spec - I didnt want to waste that much time on a theory. Try this out. Minolta Toyota 88C
Race---Front tires---Rear tires----Pit-----------Place--Notes
1-----------M-------------SH----------no------------1st
2----------SH-------------SH----------no------------1st
3-----------M------------SH(H)------Lap 9----------2nd---swithced to hard at lap 9 in pit
4-----------M-------------SH--------Lap 10---------1st
5---------M(H)-----------SH----------no-------------1st----* front tires
6-----------M-------------SH--------Lap 8-----------1st
7-----------M-------------SH--------Lap 9-----------1st----** messed up
8-----------M-------------SH----------no-------------1st----*** messed up
9-----------M-------------SH--------Lap 8-----------1st
10---------M-------------SH----------no-------------1st

* the front tires got real bad and I had to lower the speed setting to 1 for the last lap, but I still won with a 20 second gap
** I was looking at another post - http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54030 - and forgot to put the speed on 4 and to turn the overtake on until the third lap, but still won with a 23 second gap
*** the car spun out on the 2nd lap so I ran the rest of the race on speed level 3, the computer pits, so its easy to get ahead.

I always run on speed 4 untill I have about a 5 second lead, then switch it to 3. Also I may just be getting lucky on this series because the Sauber Mercedes isn't in it. My biggest competitors are a Nissan R92 Race Car '92, and a Peugot 905 Race Car '92. Good Luck.

-I'm not going to repost this because i dont know how people on this board are about bashing people who repost, but if anyone wants to copy and paste this on a new thread to help anyone else and to stop all of the "how to beat GT championship" threads, your more than welcome.
 
aaron-san
I always run on speed 4 untill I have about a 5 second lead, then switch it to 3. Also I may just be getting lucky on this series because the Sauber Mercedes isn't in it. My biggest competitors are a Nissan R92 Race Car '92, and a Peugot 905 Race Car '92. Good luck.

how do you run on 4x speed?
 
sorry, I didn't put that too clearly. I mean 4 on the aggresiveness. I run the game speed at 3x. The aggressiveness should be at 4 (I think it says "fast") then I turn it down to 3 (steady). Hope that clears it up.
 
alright thanks. im using my toyota 88C-V race car and im being torn up by the competition in bspec mode. it has 1200 hp but im using it in its stock form now to see if it helps. im 2nd in points after about 5 races. the other minolta 88c-v race car is about a few points ahead of me.
 
will any of the black LMP cars from the used car lot stand a chance here?
 
I had mine with all mods - 1163hp. But like I said, I think the main thing is that the sauber mercedes wasn't there. There also wasn't another 88C-V. I think that you really just have to get lucky to get a line up that doesn't include those 2 cars. But when you beat it its worth it. If your a Nissan Z enthusiast then you'll enjoy the bonus they give you for beating the Professional mode.
 
when you do the grand valley 300km you dont get the C9. you get some audi autounion streamline from the 1930's. it looks cool, but i didnt bust my butt for 2 hours to get a stupid 30's car! :yuck:
 
hacker-pschorr
What am I missing here, didn't see an option to qualify.


R8 = Audi
One of the most dominating prototypes since the 962 (doesn't hurt to add that in the ALMS, there wasn't much competition)

38626.jpg


Goto practice and run one warmup lap, and keep running until you get in the position that you want.
 
live4speed
Grand valley doesn't gie you the C9 in the US version of GT4, I think the Formula GT championship gives you the C9 in that version. Not fully confirmed yout but another guy on another board claims he's got it from there.

i just finished race 9 of the formula gt championship, ill let you guys know what i get when i finish it.
 
Where do you race in the World Championships anyway?
 
Back