Anybody ever experience performance stutters?

This never happens in H2, but happens in FM5:

Every minute I spend driving on the track, the game stutters for a split-second, anywhere between 1 to 3 times per minute. Irrespective of whether I'm online or not, hot lapping or full grid race.

Not a game-breaker, but a wee bit annoying. Suggestions?

Even though H2 sports a laggy 30 fps model with richer environments, I've yet to experience any frame rate stutters. Go figure!

Maybe the hardware is having trouble coping up with the physics calculations in FM5.

It's a launch game, cut it some slack.

Hmm? So it IS a known issue then.

Zero stutters in H2. Absolutely zero.

Hey, wait a minute.. it took me 11 hours of downloading a 14 GB content update and lots of lost sleep! Surely there's a way to sort this out, if T10 doesn't want to.

How often do you get it? Happens at the wrong times, and can throw you off.

To be honest, I can't recall it happening that often. It does happen from time to time, but for me it's not as frequent as that. Ill give it a try today and see how it goes.

To be honest, I can't recall it happening that often. It does happen from time to time, but for me it's not as frequent as that. Ill give it a try today and see how it goes.

Yeah, please do, it's almost killing it for me. Makes me not want to play FM5 and just stick with H2. The latter has no hiccups at all. None. Zilch.

In the meantime, check out this thread:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...Drop-on-Le-Mans-Old-Straight.aspx#post_290397

Disappointed to say the least. Wasn't expecting this. And no mention at all in reviews! By the way, it's frequency is completely random; sometimes it's noticeable every few seconds, sometimes you won't see a hiccup for nearly half a lap or more. And then.. you get a nice kick in the gut telling you: it's just a game ya creep.

Yeah, please do, it's almost killing it for me. Makes me not want to play FM5 and just stick with H2. The latter has no hiccups at all. None. Zilch.

In the meantime, check out this thread:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...Drop-on-Le-Mans-Old-Straight.aspx#post_290397

Disappointed to say the least. Wasn't expecting this. And no mention at all in reviews! By the way, it's frequency is completely random; sometimes it's noticeable every few seconds, sometimes you won't see a hiccup for nearly half a lap or more. And then.. you get a nice kick in the gut telling you: it's just a game ya creep.

The best thing you can do is delete FM5 from the Xbox one and reinstall it from start to finish, and allow it to install full before playing ANY game on it. It is possible the initial install got messed up, which may explain why you are experiencing this much of an issue. Trust me when I say that if this was an issue for the vast majority of Forza gamers, T10 would have been roasted by the gaming community, youtubers, and reviews on a large scale. The fact there is only the occasional mention of this happening to a mare handful out of the millions that have FM5, just goes to show the issue has to be elsewhere. Since FH2 runs fine for you, it is doubtful it is the X1 giving you issues; so a reinstall of the game itself is the best course of action.

Edit: If you have your X1 connected to the internet, you should not lose your current save game by reinstalling FM5.

The best thing you can do is delete FM5 from the Xbox one and reinstall it from start to finish, and allow it to install full before playing ANY game on it. It is possible the initial install got messed up, which may explain why you are experiencing this much of an issue. Trust me when I say that if this was an issue for the vast majority of Forza gamers, T10 would have been roasted by the gaming community, youtubers, and reviews on a large scale. The fact there is only the occasional mention of this happening to a mare handful out of the millions that have FM5, just goes to show the issue has to be elsewhere. Since FH2 runs fine for you, it is doubtful it is the X1 giving you issues; so a reinstall of the game itself is the best course of action.

Edit: If you have your X1 connected to the internet, you should not lose your current save game by reinstalling FM5.

I appreciate the suggestion lalyrn, but that would also mean downloading the 14 GB content update all over again, which was a painful experience to say the least - 11 hours! Not to mention all the separate car packs. The latter can be installed again, but I think the content update cannot be reinstalled unless you download it all over again.

The forums I've been checking out also mentioned doing a clean install of the game, but that didn't resolve issues. I think most people don't notice or don't care...but for some, it is just too noticeable and something we can do without. The issue is within the game, not the X1, no matter how you install or reinstall it, how you download or install post-release content.

I'm surprised you didn't notice it. If you recall the FM3 replay bug where it looks as if the cars get stuck for a split second and then catches up with the frames, that's exactly what's happening in FM5 races. You're going to find plenty of stuff on Google detailing this issue, and yes there's also a youtube vid. I'll find the link.

Will you please play a race or two and see if your screen stutters, particularly around turns?

Thanks!

I already know that doesn't happen to me, I have put in a lot of hours on FM5; just like I have previous ones. Your only option is to reinstall the game, just do it tonight while you are a sleep. If you are unwilling to do that, then there is nothing else that you can try. Even if you was to phone Xbox support regarding your issue, they would tell you to try the exact same thing.

With regards to the xbox one, you have to treat it like a windows based PC. It is running a Frankenstein version of windows afterall.

I would have to agree with what @Ialyrn has posted. I have no problems with that as well. Te stutter before the long straight on Le Mans does happen to me though, but that's it.

I also tested to be sure. I took a D class Integra to the Nurb and did not experience it at all, and that's a long lap for a slow car.

I would have to agree with what @Ialyrn has posted. I have no problems with that as well. Te stutter before the long straight on Le Mans does happen to me though, but that's it.

I also tested to be sure. I took a D class Integra to the Nurb and did not experience it at all, and that's a long lap for a slow car.

Well then, it's got to be the content update. Cos' when I booted up the video for the first time and was awed by Prague in a P1, I can tell you 100% there were no stutters.

I don't even remember seeing any stutters when I did two career races following the Prague opening. Went for a the massive content update after that... and that's when I got into the game checking out all the cars/tracks and boom... random stuttering on every track.

Last edited:
Well then, it's got to be the content update. Cos' when I booted up the video for the first time and was awed by Prague in a P1, I can tell you 100% there were no stutters.

I don't even remember seeing any stutters when I did two career races following the Prague opening. Went for a the massive content update after that... and that's when I got into the game checking out all the cars/tracks and boom... random stuttering on every track.

Again, if it was the game or even the content update that broke it to the extent you are saying; then T10 would have been roasted for a widespread issue. Just look what happened to the devs behind driveclub for their monumental mistakes at release. This issue you are facing is only affecting a few, you are just a tiny ripple in a massive lake of people not experiencing this issue. There is nothing wrong with the game itself in this situation, so it has to be the files themselves on your Xbox. Messing around like you are by installing the game and playing it without the content updates could easily be what messed it up in the first place, as the content updates don't just contain additional cars/tracks; they content a lot of bug fixes also.

Again, if it was the game or even the content update that broke it to the extent you are saying; then T10 would have been roasted for a widespread issue. Just look what happened to the devs behind driveclub for their monumental mistakes at release. This issue you are facing is only affecting a few, you are just a tiny ripple in a massive lake of people not experiencing this issue. There is nothing wrong with the game itself in this situation, so it has to be the files themselves on your Xbox. Messing around like you are by installing the game and playing it without the content updates could easily be what messed it up in the first place, as the content updates don't just contain additional cars/tracks; they content a lot of bug fixes also.

If the content update contains bug fixes, then I shouldn't be experiencing the stutters. Or the sound static bug which I experienced for the first time last night. My game disc is fine, my X1 is fine...I have all the latest updates/fixes/content for both games.

Then why am I not getting ANY stutters whatsoever in Horizon 2?

As I said I already had the content updates before I uninstalled it. Content update or not, the game stutters every few seconds. Sometimes it doesn't stutter for almost a minute, then then bang, there it is. It's a split-second one though, most would dismiss it. But it somewhat kills the immersion especially when you're taking a sharp turn or executing a clean overtaking maneuver. On the Top Gear track yesterday, I was hot lapping for a good 4 mins. No stutters at all. Go figure! On the other hand, stutters are noticeable on LeMans. And The Ring, it was just me and an AI car. 6 or 7 stutters throughout the lap.

I believe you may not be noticing it all that much.

Can anybody please have a justification for this? Forza 5 is a superb game, but the stutters are unnecessary.

If the content update contains bug fixes, then I shouldn't be experiencing the stutters. Or the sound static bug which I experienced for the first time last night. My game disc is fine, my X1 is fine...I have all the latest updates/fixes/content for both games.

Then why am I not getting ANY stutters whatsoever in Horizon 2?

As I said I already had the content updates before I uninstalled it. Content update or not, the game stutters every few seconds. Sometimes it doesn't stutter for almost a minute, then then bang, there it is. It's a split-second one though, most would dismiss it. But it somewhat kills the immersion especially when you're taking a sharp turn or executing a clean overtaking maneuver. On the Top Gear track yesterday, I was hot lapping for a good 4 mins. No stutters at all. Go figure! On the other hand, stutters are noticeable on LeMans. And The Ring, it was just me and an AI car. 6 or 7 stutters throughout the lap.

Can anybody please have a justification for this? Forza 5 is a superb game, but the stutters are unnecessary.

The stutters were discussed ever since late 2013, here is a post from 2013 that might help you :

'Taken from a post at Forza forum linked by shadynader :

I have noticed the frame skipping / brief pause randomly here as well (like a horizontal shift of about 1-2cm on a 55-inch TV) and yes, makes it very hard to recover when it happens entering into or during corners.

On the Bathurst track, I have noticed the frame skipping / pause seems to occur only in the areas on the track where the animated helicopters are flying above and when their sound effects are audible. On Bathurst, it might be because of the helicopter animations and / or their sound effects causing a problem. Hopefully it gets sorted out.
After switching my Xbox One audio from Stereo Uncompressed to DTS Digital Audio via the Xbox One settings menu, the frame skipping has improved greatly on Bathurst but it still randomly occurs in the helicopter areas, just less often and less severely (I thought it was completely solved until I played again last night and the problem started again, only less severely). Switching that audio setting improved the Forza 5 audio issues I was experiencing as well. Sometimes, I was getting the stutter at the same time audio problems were occurring in the game. Someone else reported that they solved Forza 5 audio problems by disabling in-game music as well. Definitely worth trying that to see if it improves the graphics stutter issue

Anyone who have similar issue can try his suggestions :cheers:"

Link : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-before-posting.282773/page-24#post-8992303

The stutters were discussed ever since late 2013, here is a post from 2013 that might help you :

'Taken from a post at Forza forum linked by shadynader :

Anyone who have similar issue can try his suggestions :cheers:"

Link : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-before-posting.282773/page-24#post-8992303

Thanks for making the effort to share this 2JZ! Appreciate it.

It's a known issue, and there is absolutely no fix for this. I've tried every trick in the book, based on the 2-day research I've done since getting the console. Lots of lost sleep albeit frustration.

Doubt if T10 is releasing a patch or fix. Best we can do is cope with it as best as we can, or switch over to Horizon 2. Zero hiccups there.

@Speedster911

With regards to your issues, I think it is about time you just called Xbox support; as something is clearly wrong somewhere in your setup or game install. As I keep saying, if this was a major issue that affected the majority, T10 would have been picked apart by the community, youtubers like AlphaOmegaSin and Blackbuster who both hate the Xbox one. And by video game review sites and the press at large.

This really is an issue that only effects a few people, and even though there are a few threads on the issue; there is not as many. Even digital foundry never found any major issues with the framerates of FM5

The only other thing I can think off, is that you have a TV that is running below a 60hz refresh rate. Which could mean that your Xbox one and FM5 which runs at 60FPS is outputting information faster than your TV can handle it, and would explain why you have no issue in FH2; as that game runs at 30FPS. What you keep going on about does sound like a V-sync type issue, which is more of a tear. This is because the display is showing 2 frames at the same time; but it can easily be mistaken as a frame stutter or skip. I don't know what your full setup is, so this is just a shot in the dark.

Last edited:

I can assure you, if it would have been happening to me I would have noticed. Considering I hot lap and I push myself to get the fastest time, anything like that would throw me off dramatically and would be a major problem. Like I said I did a lap at Nurburgring in a D-class Integra, thats' an 8min 30 second lap. I also tuned a bunch of cars this weekend, with Nurburgring as my benchmark, and still didnt have problems.

I can assure you, if it would have been happening to me I would have noticed. Considering I hot lap and I push myself to get the fastest time, anything like that would throw me off dramatically and would be a major problem. Like I said I did a lap at Nurburgring in a D-class Integra, thats' an 8min 30 second lap. I also tuned a bunch of cars this weekend, with Nurburgring as my benchmark, and still didnt have problems.

Okay then, good for you.

Can you go to Mulsanne and do a lap in a 350 km/h+ car?

And I'm guessing you're on an NTSC console? Though that should have no bearing.

@Speedster911

With regards to your issues, I think it is about time you just called Xbox support; as something is clearly wrong somewhere in your setup or game install. As I keep saying, if this was a major issue that affected the majority, T10 would have been picked apart by the community, youtubers like AlphaOmegaSin and Blackbuster who both hate the Xbox one. And by video game review sites and the press at large.

This really is an issue that only effects a few people, and even though there are a few threads on the issue; there is not as many. Even digital foundry never found any major issues with the framerates of FM5

The only other thing I can think off, is that you have a TV that is running below a 60hz refresh rate. Which could mean that your Xbox one and FM5 which runs at 60FPS is outputting information faster than your TV can handle it, and would explain why you have no issue in FH2; as that game runs at 30FPS. What you keep going on about does sound like a V-sync type issue, which is more of a tear. This is because the display is showing 2 frames at the same time; but it can easily be mistaken as a frame stutter or skip. I don't know what your full setup is, so this is just a shot in the dark.

It still begs the question: why are a few facing the problem while others aren't? And why T10 and and/or MS have chosen not to address this?

There is an option in my dash that says "Allow 50Hz and 24Hz". They're both unchecked. And my TV is 60 Hz. I've never faced any issues like this on my X360 while playing 60 fps games.

Yes, it may be a v-sync type of issue, though there is no tearing at all. It looks like a stutter or frame skip - exactly what was present in FM3 replays. The only track where this used to happen occasionally was the ring in FM4, where you take off the line, go down the long straight, uphill and then come to a chicane before the right-hander (where you can also see part of the Nurb GP track).

Even then, it was the ONLY part of the ONLY track in FM4 where this used to happen, and occasionally.

In FM5, it's very random, it usually doesn't happen at the same place twice. And every minute it happens at least once, sometimes 2 to 3 times as well.

I'm also noticing slowdowns on the starting grid while watching replays.. the frame rate becomes really stuttery and generally slow. Is this because I'm using a PAL console? Doubt it.

Last night, I started experiencing sound bugs too - sometimes the cars around me... their engine sounds cut in and out. I also hear popping sounds on occasions, the same issue that plagued FM4. And there's also radio chatter like static, which forces me to do a hard reset to make it go away. Then it comes back after a couple of races.

MS really should do extensive testing before releasing their consoles and games.

I don't remember running into any annoyances like these with the X360. That was smooth sailing from start to finish.

Last edited:
I wish I could help you, that all sounds like a nightmare :ouch:

As I said before, I hope you get it all sorted 👍

@RacerPaul Well then, good for you mate.

There are multiple threads on forzamotorsport.net discussing both the frame hiccups and static sound bug.

Do you think this has anything to do with the game running on an NTSC or PAL console?

This is the first time I've bought a PAL console; I've always been purchasing NTSC ones, as PAL consoles used to have lag issues and slightly slower games than their NTSC counterparts.

Though they've done away with that completely this generation.

You realise I was being sympathetic, don't you?

Haha, thanks for officially letting me know!

Been researching this issue extensively on forzamotorsport.net.

Apparently, many have complained in multiple threads about the stutter and sound bug.

I don't understand how difficult it is to simply release a dash/console update or game patch to resolve it.

Is that really too much to ask? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

If you are in a "PAL" area like me, then you may not have a TV that goes up to a true 60HZ. They have a habit in the EU of giving us a TV labelled as 60HZ, but that is actually running at 58HZ. Even though this is only a tiny difference, it can still create what appears to be stutters in the picture; as it cannot keep up with the information it is been sent. This is not an issue for Microsoft and T10 to resolve, as they can not recreate this issue themselves. This is because it is not usually the game or the console that is causing this issue, it is something else.

p.s this 58HZ thing only usually effects cheaper TV's, like the own brand ones you can buy in supermarkets and some electrical outlets. Usually the TVs from the likes of Sony, Samsung, LG and so on run at the Hz they are stated too.

Another thing it could be, is if you are connecting the Xbox one HDMI to something else before the TV. Some HDMI splitters will cause issues, and some receivers also.

But as I told you before, you need to contact them directly at this point; and you need to do everything they say without question. If you get aggressive with them, they will refuse to help you and hang up on you.

Also, the Xbox ones 50Hz and 24Hz modes are specifically for video feeds via the HDMI in and DVD/Blu-ray. Not for the games, as the games are made to run at a specific frame rate; which is usually either 30FPS or 60FPS. UK PAL tv signals for instance run around 50Hz, and a lot of movies are still filmed at 24FPS.

Edit: By the way, this is still only a shot in the dark. The information I have posted up can only be true if you have a cheaper TV that does what I put above with regards to the refresh rate, or if you have a dodgy HDMI splitter or receiver in the mix. If you have a decent TV that is 100% running at 60Hz or above natively without any image enhancements, then I have no idea what is causing your issue. But that is why you NEED to contact Xbox support for assistance in resolving it. But as one last thing you could try, see if your TV has a "gaming" mode. Most higher end TV's will have a mode similar to this, and turning it on will often turn off some hidden enhancements that are not selectable by the end user.

Also, it has been widely speculated that the replays in FM3 where running at 30FPS with enhancements added to improve the visuals. I don't know if this is true or not personally, and I do not have FM3 anymore to try with at this time. If I did I could check within the Hauppauge capture program I use with my HDPVR2, as it displays what resolution and frame rate the incoming image is.

Last edited:
Edit: By the way, this is still only a shot in the dark. The information I have posted up can only be true if you have a cheaper TV that does what I put above with regards to the refresh rate, or if you have a dodgy HDMI splitter or receiver in the mix. If you have a decent TV that is 100% running at 60Hz or above natively without any image enhancements, then I have no idea what is causing your issue. But that is why you NEED to contact Xbox support for assistance in resolving it. But as one last thing you could try, see if your TV has a "gaming" mode. Most higher end TV's will have a mode similar to this, and turning it on will often turn off some hidden enhancements that are not selectable by the end user.

Also, it has been widely speculated that the replays in FM3 where running at 30FPS with enhancements added to improve the visuals. I don't know if this is true or not personally, and I do not have FM3 anymore to try with at this time. If I did I could check within the Hauppauge capture program I use with my HDPVR2, as it displays what resolution and frame rate the incoming image is.
Going off that, @Speedster911 what other 60fps games do you have? Have you tried them out and see if they produce the same effect?

Replays on FM5 run at 30fps as well, you can notice it instantly.

Going off that, @Speedster911 what other 60fps games do you have? Have you tried them out and see if they produce the same effect?

Replays on FM5 run at 30fps as well, you can notice it instantly.

Either way, @Speedster911 still needs to contact Xbox support over this; as it is only a few that are effected by this problem. Whether it is the TV set they own or not is up for debate, which I will freely admit. There could be some other issue causing this, and that issue could very much be out of the grasp of the community at large. But that is why Microsoft have a support system in place for the end user to converse with them directly. Hell, it is possible he just has a bad Xbox one. As well as a million and 1 other issues that could be causing this; such as a bad hard drive in the Xbox one itself. These are things that us members of the community would not be able to give a definite answer on, but by potentially having Xbox support look into it; and possibly sending the console to them for repair could find out what is going on. Personally I dont think it is the console, and I know it isnt the game. The amount of hours I have put into FM5 since it released, and I have never faced this issue at all. The only issue I have in Forza, is the Matt paint isnt named correctly; but it doesn't effect the gameplay so I never bothered to resolve it.

Either way, @Speedster911 still needs to contact Xbox support over this; as it is only a few that are effected by this problem. Whether it is the TV set they own or not is up for debate, which I will freely admit. There could be some other issue causing this, and that issue could very much be out of the grasp of the community at large. But that is why Microsoft have a support system in place for the end user to converse with them directly. Hell, it is possible he just has a bad Xbox one. As well as a million and 1 other issues that could be causing this; such as a bad hard drive in the Xbox one itself. These are things that us members of the community would not be able to give a definite answer on, but by potentially having Xbox support look into it; and possibly sending the console to them for repair could find out what is going on. Personally I dont think it is the console, and I know it isnt the game. The amount of hours I have put into FM5 since it released, and I have never faced this issue at all. The only issue I have in Forza, is the Matt paint isnt named correctly; but it doesn't effect the gameplay so I never bothered to resolve it.
Oh I agree completely, but I was more so trying to pinpoint the problem. It wont take all but a couple of seconds, and with that information, it can also help out the tech support further analyze the problem.

This never happens in H2, but happens in FM5:

Every minute I spend driving on the track, the game stutters for a split-second, anywhere between 1 to 3 times per minute. Irrespective of whether I'm online or not, hot lapping or full grid race.

Not a game-breaker, but a wee bit annoying. Suggestions?

Even though H2 sports a laggy 30 fps model with richer environments, I've yet to experience any frame rate stutters. Go figure!

Maybe the hardware is having trouble coping up with the physics calculations in FM5.
Very well known problem along with many others. Hopefully you don't also end up with the audio bug. The audio bug is when the speakers will start to crackle once in a while. Sounds like when you cross a positive and negative wire together in a speaker. Happens more often online with F5. Once it happens, you have to quit the game and restart. And I mean a hard restart. It is VERY annoying especially if you have surround sound. After the reset it tends to go away for a while. BUt once it starts, it wont go away without a reset.

As I told you before you purchased this, F5 has its fair share of problems and overall just is not anywhere near as enjoyable as F4. I wish you the best of luck with it. But we did warn you in advance. :lol:

Edit, I just read further into your thread. So sorry you have the sound bug. It was pretty much inevitable. Welcome to F5.

Very well known problem along with many others. Hopefully you don't also end up with the audio bug. The audio bug is when the speakers will start to crackle once in a while. Sounds like when you cross a positive and negative wire together in a speaker. Happens more often online with F5. Once it happens, you have to quit the game and restart. And I mean a hard restart. It is VERY annoying especially if you have surround sound. After the reset it tends to go away for a while. BUt once it starts, it wont go away without a reset.

As I told you before you purchased this, F5 has its fair share of problems and overall just is not anywhere near as enjoyable as F4. I wish you the best of luck with it. But we did warn you in advance. :lol:

Edit, I just read further into your thread. So sorry you have the sound bug. It was pretty much inevitable. Welcome to F5.
Whats odd is that everyone gets the sound bug after prolonged periods of playing, offline or online. Not everyone gets this stuttering problem, and sounds less like the game and more like a hardware problem. Hopefully he can get some closure on it when he contacts support.

Aside from the sound bug, that I havent come across in months, problems with the game have been almost non-existent for me.

@CAMAROBOY69 The problem is, it isn't a vast majority that is facing this issue. I don't personally get the framerate stutters, and never had the audio issue either. The same goes for most of the people I know that have an Xbox one and FM5. Not saying there is not an issue here though, just saying it isn't as big as what it is been made out to be. We all know full well that if this was an issue that affected the majority, that T10 would have been ripped apart for it; just like every dev that has released a game with performance issues recently. Noticeable ones being Ubisoft with pretty much all games since watchdogs, Evolution studios with Driveclub, 343 with Halo MCC, and many others. We only have to look back at the release date of the Xbox one and FM5 to see how badly T10 got roasted just for having micro transactions included in it, let alone all the people who complained about the in game economy, reduction in car and track listings, lack of storefront an auction house, and the menu system.

The fact remains that for the vast majority out there, these performance issues are not present in FM5; and never have been. This can mean any number of things though, which I have detailed above so will not go over them again. But there are even more things that could be causing the issue, and the only way they can be resolved at all, is if people just contact Xbox support. It is what they are there for, and they should not only have things that can be tried by people experiencing these issues, but can escalate it to a repair if it is still persistent. As at that point, there must be something wrong somewhere with the system.

If @Speedster911 Xbox one is brand new, then they also have the option of returning it to the seller; as it is not working for them as described or as it should be. Just needs to make sure it is factory reset first, so that their gamertag information isn't stored on it.

@CAMAROBOY69 The problem is, it isn't a vast majority that is facing this issue. I don't personally get the framerate stutters, and never had the audio issue either. The same goes for most of the people I know that have an Xbox one and FM5. Not saying there is not an issue here though, just saying it isn't as big as what it is been made out to be. We all know full well that if this was an issue that affected the majority, that T10 would have been ripped apart for it; just like every dev that has released a game with performance issues recently. Noticeable ones being Ubisoft with pretty much all games since watchdogs, Evolution studios with Driveclub, 343 with Halo MCC, and many others. We only have to look back at the release date of the Xbox one and FM5 to see how badly T10 got roasted just for having micro transactions included in it, let alone all the people who complained about the in game economy, reduction in car and track listings, lack of storefront an auction house, and the menu system.

The fact remains that for the vast majority out there, these performance issues are not present in FM5; and never have been. This can mean any number of things though, which I have detailed above so will not go over them again. But there are even more things that could be causing the issue, and the only way they can be resolved at all, is if people just contact Xbox support. It is what they are there for, and they should not only have things that can be tried by people experiencing these issues, but can escalate it to a repair if it is still persistent. As at that point, there must be something wrong somewhere with the system.

If @Speedster911 Xbox one is brand new, then they also have the option of returning it to the seller; as it is not working for them as described or as it should be. Just needs to make sure it is factory reset first, so that their gamertag information isn't stored on it.
As @ImaRobot pointed out, its actually a mass majority of F5 players have indeed had the audio bug. EVERY single person on my friends list has had it at one point or another. Even more noticeable if you have surround sound. Really nothing to discuss especially since he is ANOTHER person having the issue. So clearly its a worldwide well known problem with F5.

If he keeps having the issue I would just return the game. But its very likely picking up another F5, will result in the same exact problems. Also for the record, I have only seen the audio bug in F5 out of all my X1, 360, PC, PS2, and PS3 games. Clearly obvious its F5.

BTW this is coming from a huge fan of the Forza series. So don't mistake me as some sort of Forza "hater". I always provide positive and negative feedback on every game. THis has been a massive problem with F5.

Back