Anybody out there following the Grand Am?

The gold on that Gallardo looks nice (Post #2186), but the black and gold Hertz Porsche in the ALMS' GTC class looks better in terms of cars with gold livery. The final two races of the season should be exciting. Hopefully MUCH more exciting than the Kansas race...

So TRG/AMR has appeared on the entry list with Brandon Davis and Darren Turner driving the #66 Pay Pal/Baricuda Networks Aston Martin.

Also, Marsh racing did some 2014 aero testing on a DP with grand am watching. The delta wing was supposedly testing at the same time. Corvette Delta wing DP anyone xD :lol:

ITCC_Andrew
Connor, TRG/AMR have been all over Facebook, all week long. Surprised you didn't see it. :confused:

I've seen it but TRG/AMR has been talking about racing since COTA, so it's good that they've finally made it onto the entry lists at Sonoma for Pirelli WC, and now gagt at Laguna

The TRG Aston GT4's did OK at Lime Rock.
Ben Keating in the 66 finished 10th in the GTS class in the 1st race and 7th in class for the 2nd race.
The 62 finished 5 laps down (19th in class) in the 2nd race and did not enter the 1st race.

The 62 number plaque looked to be over an original 007 number.
I believe it's not the one in the following but it is the one from this article.

And I agree it's about time to move up and good luck. 👍

Though some have read it, there is a good article from earlier this year and late last year.
Great info just the same including GT4 specs.

To order yours for next year look here.
Video from article at Laguna.

1236325_10151582882061196_856942205_n.jpg

^ Beating Connor to posting it. :D

Another shot of the 66 Aston.
I likey!

That window looks real small.
I always worry about cars with small/no window openings.
It's been a while since someone was hurt in a fire but you never know.
Closed cockpits scare me that way.

BThHxTdCEAEfLCH.png

01GTP
Another shot of the 66 Aston.
I likey!

That window looks real small.
I always worry about cars with small/no window openings.
It's been a while since someone was hurt in a fire but you never know.
Closed cockpits scare me that way.

I am getting a "delta wing" looking at the matte black on that car :lol:

I too am a little surprised that the visibility is so limited.

I think the whole door opens... It would suck if it jammed, for sure, but is it not much smaller than the Camaro's windows? I remember, my mom and I thought it was hard to see out of a stock (non-tube-framed) Camaro.

But, it hasn't been very long at all since a driver was injured, or even killed in fire. Google it, if you don't believe me, I think the most recent was 2012.

Needs a bigger wing, the Grand-Am spec wing looks silly.. Car looks really cool though, liking the Lotus too.

Mac K
Needs a bigger wing, the Grand-Am spec wing looks silly.. Car looks really cool though, liking the Lotus too.

Refer to the new dual-element protoype DP wing Starworks developed (I posted a picture of it on USCR thread) :lol:

Looks like the R8 will take a 25 pound ballast increase in exchange for the GT3 spec Rear diffuser. Should be a good race tomorrow!

Looks like the R8 will take a 25 pound ballast increase in exchange for the GT3 spec Rear diffuser. Should be a good race tomorrow!

Interesting. We'll see how much of an effect it'll have on the performance of the car now that it has one of its original components.

I don't know if this was already mentioned but TRG is working on an (2) Aston DP program.

I remember hearing rumors about this last year. I think the most important bit in that article was the part where it states that TRG and AMR are developing the engine so that it can run DP or P2. Just like 8 Star Motorsports and others, it appears teams want the option to have both DP and P2 because, like many, no one believe they're truly going to be "equal". In the end, I think one of them is going to beat the other out.

1209012_10200518096382520_854789931_n.jpg

Lotus on track
9249_10200518928323318_2141420076_n.jpg

Red angel headlights on the Stevenson Camaro
1185980_4576273903517_1129362442_n.jpg

Just liked this one from the MSR facebook page.

Brad Kettler on the R8

"The car is dominant with a DTM driver at the wheel"
I would certainly hope so!

I'm still not sure where the USCR stands on the difference between this year's GT, GTD and GT3. I thought GT3 cars were going to be allowed next year with the smaller wing. If that's the case, why all the development?

I'm just now watching the race after recording on my DVR so no spoilers please.

Also, I love the sound of that new BMW powerplant. Sounds different from the usual V8 contingent in DP.

Back