Anybody out there following the Grand Am?

Yeah, there is nothing like being at the race.

I was watching the 42 (Cameron) trying to, and overtake the 01 (Pruett), only to be overtaken by the 01, which kept the final podium position.

Congrats to all the race winners and 2013 Champions.

Photo links once we edit our photos.
Mine will be a bit different as I was looking to capture more people photos like this one of Dane Cameron, pole winner.

01GTP
Yeah, there is nothing like being at the race.

I wish I knew another Gtper was there. Although my lack of inactivity over the years here, it would have been great meeting another member.

It was a shame a few teams championships were ruined during the second lap incident followed with other incidents during the race.

I can chip in an incredible $0. :yuck: Porsche.

Anyways, Sahlen's is probably going to be a strong team to mess with in 2014. 👍 Here's hoping. Anything's better than Chip Ganassi winning more. :grumpy:

Happy to see
Max Edit: More so Jordan than Max, but whatever
win. :)

Less happy to see
Balzan
win. Hasn't that team won enough?

ITCC_Andrew
I can chip in an incredible $0. :yuck: Porsche.

Anyways, Sahlen's is probably going to be a strong team to mess with in 2014. 👍 Here's hoping. Anything's better than Chip Ganassi winning more. :grumpy:

Happy to see * SPOILER * win. :)

Less happy to see * SPOILER * win. Hasn't that team won enough?

60% of the time Ganassi wins 100% of the time xD

Neither have I, but I recognized it and played along.

I'm much happier than I should be that Ganassi didn't win the championship. This one's for Ryan Dalziel, from last year, that thing with JPM and such.

ITCC_Andrew
Neither have I, but I recognized it and played along.

I'm much happier than I should be that Ganassi didn't win the championship. This one's for Ryan Dalziel, from last year, that thing with JPM and such.

If only Starworks could have taken the title this season. I thought the win at Indy would have given them the boost they needed. I'm confident Peter and co. will be in the thick of it next season :)

Where're the spoiler tags? :lol: You're telling me
Starworks
didn't win? Darn, dude, why?

I pity the fool guy who still hasn't seen the season finale. Do it. Don't read Connor's posts and all of that spoiler crap. :sly:

ITCC_Andrew
Where're the spoiler tags? :lol: You're telling me * SPOILER * didn't win? Darn, dude, why?

I pity the fool guy who still hasn't seen the season finale. Do it. Don't read Connor's posts and all of that spoiler crap. :sly:

It's been 36 hours after the race lol...

I'll be at the Rolex 24 next season in the Rooty Tudor Fresh and Fruity Sports Car Series next season wearing my Starworks polo.

If I gave away conti spoilers (which I'm not) it would be kinda bad.

Don't know why that's a surprise to people , that's gone on for a long while and this is hardly the first time Nascar has done this.

Edit: :lol:

It would be the equivalent of Bernie Ecclestone continuously feeding funds into Red Bull Racing in Formula One.

What they fail to realize is that Bernie Ecclestone already did that for a team called Ferrari.

Last edited:
Is that news to us? All of us have pretty much known that has been happening. Quite frankly it's disgusting.

And it isn't just NASCAR either. Hell, guess who's been doing it longer then they have?

RACECAR
And it isn't just NASCAR either. Hell, guess who's been doing it longer then they have?

F1 has been doing it for a long time. Don Panoz has funded teams in the alms. It happens everywhere just it's a big deal because big bad NASCAR does it too just like everyone else

Panoz?

images

I love that Panoz-funded ALMS car. I love it! Love!

Panoz%20GTLM.jpg

The 81 has my favourite colours, and the #51 has my number. Seriously.

Don't know why that's a surprise to people , that's gone on for a long while and this is hardly the first time Nascar has done this.

Very true, they sponsored 5 cars in the 1991 Daytona 500.

1991armedforces.jpg

Plus, it wasn't even NASCAR technically, just the guy that ran it at one point.

Why are we so butt hurt over series helping bring cars/teams to the grid? As said in the article you can't just fund ones that win win win, but more cars is never a bad thing for most part.

If you showed up at a race with only 10 cars, yeah people aren't going to be happy in general but if they showed up to 20 cars, hey now we got a race atleast.

Back