Anyone else bored of GTP yet?

• Thread starter j8mie
  • 42 comments
As it says above.

I really thought GTP would keep me going until GT4 comes out (when ever that might be). But it seems to have fallen somewhat short of that mark as it is only July and I've stopped playing it completly. I've not finished all the licenses on Gold yet, so I don't even have all the cars to choose from. I just found it not engaing enough. I guess the thought of knowing that GT4 was only a few months away too much, and i kept thinking that there was something better just around the corner.

My biggest fear is that I got bored of GT3 as well, and I'm hoping this won't be the same when GT4 comes out.

Cheers

Jamie

no, i can´t get enough of the game. the new physics with the dfp 900° wheel..... 👍
go get all purple golds and enjoy the honda hsc jamie!!

:cheers:

Yes, at least go and get all golds and cars before you say that.

If you don't do that, I'll have to say that it's you that it's not engaging, not the game. :P

EDIT:
GTP : 16 gold 8 silver 22 bronze
You're really missing a lot of cars...

I know what you are saying in terms of not finding it engaging enough.

Complete all the licences though. I thought the last ones were great, especially coffee break 5. You should be addicted to the tests!

I think if the race mode was better and opponent cars were more intelligent then you would have been engaged! IMO, that's really the only thing that marks GT4P down.

Nope not yet, but im slowly getting to that point, im just worried about what im going to do in the time till GT4 :guilty: as ive only got 4 golds to get and ive fully completed GT3 100%

its funny, 3 noobs posted in a row. Theres proof that n00b's go into the GT4.

GT4 will be GT4. Nothing else is gonna be special.

It's funny, 3 noobs posted in a row and still all of them posted something more substancial than you did...

I'm kinda bored with it too. And I'm a first class gt fan!.

There is just no real purpose in playing the game when improving your times is the only thing to make it exciting.

I'm kinda bored with the game because I am a fan of drifting and GT4P doesn't do a good job of providing us with a drift setup. However my bordem doesn't last that long and I'm back on the DFP trying to master countersteering with the 900 degree wheel with the GTR on street tires or rally on the Grand Canyon. If it weren't for owning the DFP, I definately would have been bored by now, I just can't have fun playing any GT without the ability to moderate the gas with pedals or the analog stick(I own the Korean Version), its just not the same having to use the "x" button for gas even though it is pressure sensative.

I just don't find trying to beat my best time by 1 10th of a second much fun. On top of that the poor AI in the race mode was a major let down. Maybe my expectations were too high for the game.

I found with GT3 that you had to be a perfect racer to be able to win races, otherwise you could never catch up. I've never had much of a problem with other racing games, so it seemed strange to me to have a problem with GT3 & GTP. As a real car driver I rely on my vision, the feel through the pedals and steering wheel and the road noise to give me a sense of what the car was doign. With GT3 and GTP you don't get the feel with a DS2, and the noises are useless. Even the poor sense of speed at times made the game feel lifeless.

Anyway rant over..................for the time being.

Cheers

Jamie

I'm not bored with GT4:P yet... but then again I've got added value out of the game cos I went halves on the game with a friend... this means that I only have it for half of the time... so when I have it I make the most of it... and when I don't I miss the hell out of it...

Try lending it to a friend and then see if you're still bored with it!! I bet you can't last more than a week without asking for it back?

On a similar note... see if you can get all those licences to gold... I've got upto all red in gold... I thought that I would only be able to get the first few to gold cos most of the GT's have eluded me on the gold licence tests before but I'm doing pretty well... (I've even got the Mclaren F1 to gold!! That is tough!!)

C.

(I've even got the Mclaren F1 to gold!! That is tough!!)

It really isn't. If you can control the car itself, you can get to first place 1,5 laps before the finish. ;)

as i said before: buy a DFP

That's what they sayd with gt3 and the old bue driving force. It sucked anyway. I'm not buying such an expensive wheel for just one game that has no realistic camera view.

I'm a little bored with it and i like the GT series A LOT. I can tell you now though - if they still had the mileage thing for each car (like GT3 and GTC) then i'd still play it quite often.

But i've been really down lately and haven't done anything at all productive (with my life). I've even stopped doing the OLR i was participating in (Prologue Cup) because i can't be bothered anymore (its just the way i've been lately - very, very unhappy).

It really isn't. If you can control the car itself, you can get to first place 1,5 laps before the finish. ;)
i usually get the GT-one one lap 7 :)

and i thought the same way ´bout the DFP but it´s really worth it!

Mustang-man
I'm a little bored with it and i like the GT series A LOT. I can tell you now though - if they still had the mileage thing for each car (like GT3 and GTC) then i'd still play it quite often.

But i've been really down lately and haven't done anything at all productive (with my life). I've even stopped doing the OLR i was participating in (Prologue Cup) because i can't be bothered anymore (its just the way i've been lately - very, very unhappy).

Somewhat Ironic that your Custom Member Title says "I love prologue"!!

pjotrStroganov
It really isn't. If you can control the car itself, you can get to first place 1,5 laps before the finish.

Fair enough... but it is quite tricky the first time that you do it... and it defs gets the heart pounding... once you've already got the gold I suspect that it is a bit easier?!

toler
i usually get the GT-one one lap 7

Now that is mega impressive... On my gold run I overtook the first three cars in the first three laps... and I got the second placer on lap 7 I think... and the 1st placer on the last bend!!

Once I've got all Gold on purple though I will attempt to improve my times... It is such a good test though... really tense.

C.

yeti
...Fair enough... but it is quite tricky the first time that you do it... and it defs gets the heart pounding...

This is what I really don't understand. When I'm playing Sports Car GT on the PC, and I'm trying to make up 20 seconds because I had a major spin, my heart is in my mouth as the laps count down and I find myself really wanting to win the race. I really want to put right my wrong you might say. And because I feel like this, I have become emotional attached to the game. But with GT3 and GTP I just don't care what happens when I'm chasing after the lead car on the 10 lap lesson. On GT3 I would get sooo bored I'd happily smash into other cars to try and win. But with all other racing games I try my hardest to avoid causing accidents. So much so, that I've restarted games because I've caused a massive pile up and found myself leading because of it.

I will try that site Venom77. Seeing other real peoples times might spur me on some.

I have thought about buying the steering wheel, as I feel the steering is too slow to react on GT3 & GTP. But I just feel it's a lot of money to spend on a controller for one game. Does anyone know if you can use it on your PC as well?

Cheers

Jamie

i believe the DFP also works with the PC - haven´t tried it myself but i read about people who got it working

toler
i believe the DFP also works with the PC - haven´t tried it myself but i read about people who got it working

Great. I'll surf the interweb to see if I can find anymore details on it.

Update: I very quickly found this useful converstaion. clicky herer .

By the sounds of it you can use a DFP on a PC and you can use the "latest Wingman Gaming Software drivers and XP detected it as the old yellow-gripped Logitech Driving Force".

As I play quite a few driving games on PC, I might splash out on one of these, instead of spending a fortunte on a 40gb MP3 player.

Cheers

Jamie

yeti
Somewhat Ironic that your Custom Member Title says "I love prologue"!!
Well i do but it is the only Gran Turismo game, in fact the only game i play on the PS2 now.

Fair enough... but it is quite tricky the first time that you do it... and it defs gets the heart pounding... once you've already got the gold I suspect that it is a bit easier?!

Yes, its really nervewrecking to complete thet licence. The more laps I completed the more nervous I became. :)

toler

Yes it does, me and my mate .everest. tried it the other day. Results:

DTM race driver2; dfp works for trackraces (especially on the ovals!) 👍 , not for rallying though! 👎

CMR4; works but it is quite a handfull to get your fastest times improved (turn more)

nfsU; you might guess, not a big improvement since it is too arcady, the driftcontest is too much trouble with 900°...

To J8mie: I am with Toler;Buy the wheel!

I did play it again last nite in fact. I did a 3 lap race around Fuji in a McLaren F1 with all the driving aids switched off. That did make it a bit more fun. Watching the car fish tail out of the corners was great. I found myself trying to drifta as much as possible in fact, so much so I kept losing it and watching in horror as I was passed by the other cars. So it took me three goes to win the race.

I've been reading a bit about the Logitech Drive Force Pro wheel, and it does osund like the mutts nutz. Also being able to use it on my PC is a massive plus for me. It will be interesting to see if it makes the game more enjoyable.

Cheers

Jamie

Back