Anyone else bored of GTP yet?

• Thread starter j8mie
  • 42 comments
I could understand someone becoming bored with GT4P (after playing GT3), and using a DS2.

But the DFP is simply a must. I've never used a wheel since the PSONE, but after reading about the DFP decided to splash out on it, and have not regretted it for one minute. The game is transformed.

Plus it is a must, IMO, to use the GT database website as mentioned earlier to give yourself a true challenge. When you think you have gone as quick as possible, you find there is always someone quicker.

The way I see it, we'll all hit the ground running once GT4 is released because everyone has had some good practice. So although I'm also a bit jaded after finishing the game, I'm grateful for GT4P :)

PjotrStroganov
Driving 3rd person with any steering wheel just doesn't work with me. So the dfp will be nothing for me.

IMO, driving in the 3rd person in GT4P totally misses the point of the game. You may as well play Burnout.

JAGUAR
IMO, driving in the 3rd person in GT4P totally misses the point of the game. You may as well play Burnout.

No, this way I can see how the car is positioned on the road. And if KY puts the chase cam in, he does it so that we can use it.

Secondly: As if the bumpercam is realistic... :boggled:
Don't get me wrong, I drive with an onboard view in other racing games. But this is just like driving a tv screen with wheels. A bonnetcam would come somewhat closer to reality.

I play Burnout2 btw. Awesome game.

1. Well J8mie if you can't get all the gold medals and cars then buy a Action Replay :)

2. And a my second tip is......try to unlock the hidden cars in Prologue with the Action Replay.

These cars can only be used by the computer so they are undriveable, but with Action Replay you can use these cars :)

HONDA
- Honda 1300 Coupe 9S
- Honda CRX del Sol
- [R]Honda NSX Mobil 1 Epson JGTC
- [R]Honda NSX Raybrig JGTC

MITSUBISHI
- Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR

NISSAN
- Nissan Bluebird 1600 Deluxe
- Nissan Primera 2.0
- [R]Nissan R390 GT1 LM Race Car
- [R]Nissan Skyline GT-R Pennzoil JGTC
- [R]Nissan Skyline GT-R Xanavi Hiroto JGTC

TOYOTA
- Toyota Celica 1600GT
- Toyota Celica TRD M-Sports
- [R]Toyota GT-One LM Race Car
- Toyota MR-S
- [R]Toyota Supra au Cerumo JGTC

3. So J8mie you really need a Action Replay because my third tip is also a code.
You can unlock hidden tracks like the Hong Kong track and a snow track.

Try to buy an Action Replay or use one of your friends if they have a Action Replay because there's so much hidden in Prologue that you havn't seen half of Prologue:D

PjotrStroganov
No, this way I can see how the car is positioned on the road. And if KY puts the chase cam in, he does it so that we can use it.

Secondly: As if the bumpercam is realistic... :boggled:
Don't get me wrong, I drive with an onboard view in other racing games. But this is just like driving a tv screen with wheels. A bonnetcam would come somewhat closer to reality.

I play Burnout2 btw. Awesome game.

I agree concerning the 'old' bumper cam, but the one in GT4P is raised a little further, as though you are looking out of the windscreen/cockpit. At least for a prototype/GT/single seater car.

As for the bonnet cam, in my car, and most new cars you can't actually see the bonnet, due to modern cars having much more steeply raked bonnets. :)

You right about the bumpercam. It is raised compared to the one in gt3. :)

I couldn't find any good drivable camera position for myself in prologue. the 3rd cam is too high, the second too low, and the bumpercam....well you know allready.

But I've watched the e3 footage of the 1/4 nur session and I noticed that there where 3 external cams instead of the 2 in gt3 and gt4p. the new one is right between the two others. Just right for me. Pfew :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back