Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
I do not feel like I was ripped off. I ground through to get all the trophies, but after that I've gone back to playing a game I've liked since before GT5. I'll pop in and out of GT6 when there's nobody online in the other game, though. The online in GT6 is nicer than GT5, honestly. It's a lot easier to find races and just get in and out of cars, change settings, etc. It's a great enhancement.

It unfortunately has only 78 cars, but it has roughly 20 environments and roughly 130-150 track layouts and multiple modes. It's completely online oriented, which I like.

In no way do I think it's superior to GT6. It (the other game) just has more soul, in my opinion.

The online isn’t what I thought it was going to be, still needs to be patched here and there (hardly any good fun rooms PLUS it’s missing TGTT imho). But if I play this game the same amount I did with gt5 (release date to gt6 release), It’s going to be worth the 60$+taxes I payed for

well... even barely 2 weeks into it, I already feel like I got way more than $60 worth of enjoyment out of GT6... and I still have a couple more years to go... so no... don't feel ripped off at all... some of the best $60 spent...

It looks like the done thing lately is to feel ripped off with a game you bought and then maybe Sue the producer or developer.

geeez theres a lot of whinging about GT6 give it a chance don't forget there will be updates and DLCs in the new year I wouldn't go judging before you know what the updates will do im not feeling ripped of with it 1 bit you guy can always go to FM5 where its worse

So far, it feels like I just paid $60 to beta test a major update to GT5. And after GT5's extremely dissapointing launch and empty promises I'm losing more faith in PD.

GT5 was no different, regardless wether you love the GT series or not for GT5 and GT6 we are the beta testers, it was no different at the start of gt5 and its no different now.

I don't feel I've been ripped off, but I am underwhelmed by it. :(
I guess I was hoping/wishing for too much from PD, looking for a career mode with a few more races.
Yes, the race count is up from GT5, but we're left chasing rabbits, which is where GT5 finished with seasonal races. :indiff:
I'm currently @ 45% completion, in 3 weeks.....:confused: And only playing for maybe an hour a night. :odd:

Played 30 hours so far, $60 cost. That's $2 an hour so far. No, I don't feel ripped off.

How'd you arrive at that number? I mean you could have stopped yourself and said you played for 10 hours and with $6 an hour, you've made back the money. It's a ratio that an average person might look at and say it makes sense, but it doesn't since it can easily be adjusted to make your argument work for you. In reality it just shows how much you've played the game and enjoy it.

- PD doesn't boot you from online rooms. Either the host doesn't like you, or your internet connection is the glitch.

It can be the latter, but it also is a PD issue with the game at times, same as dropped frame rates with a full grid of cars on a track and such. The player would know if a host kicked them.

- Aftermarket wheel issues? Try the stock ones.

That's not the point and another of your many cop outs, it's a give part to the game that when you purchase expect it to work as advertised. If everyone like you that comes here to defend PD and not hold them up to the standard they say they work at, I'd hate to see where the game would stand.

- No triple beeps on my PS3

It's got a thread of its own with many people having this issue, just because you have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It also means it doesn't always happen to everyone.

GT5 was no different, regardless wether you love the GT series or not for GT5 and GT6 we are the beta testers, it was no different at the start of gt5 and its no different now.

Right, and I talked about how unfinished GT5 was when it was new as well, and I think the sales of GT6 compared to GT5 show people aren't happy with that.

Right, and I talked about how unfinished GT5 was when it was new as well, and I think the sales of GT6 compared to GT5 show people aren't happy with that.

I agree with most of what you said in the OP, but I wouldn't fully put it to "Because GT5 was bad most people didn't buy GT6". I'd say it's a reason a good number of people didn't buy it, but many are still waiting to see if it will improve or lower in price and buy it (so a somewhat on the fence person), then you have the casual gamers that rather play on a new system then old hardware because they're casual gamers.

I would say. .. Euh... it feels the same as I felt with GT4... more expectations towards the next one... (but i don't feel ripped off)
It's more like the game makes you say goodbye to your PS3... >snif< :(

after spending about 40 hours with the game I do feel a little ripped off. The new tracks are nice but the lack of many new cars and the "same old, same old" feeling of GT is wearing a little thin, a huge graphical leap (if the game was on PS4) would have helped to alleviate some of that. Over all I don't regret the purchase but do feel I got jipped a little.

How'd you arrive at that number? I mean you could have stopped yourself and said you played for 10 hours and with $6 an hour, you've made back the money. It's a ratio that an average person might look at and say it makes sense, but it doesn't since it can easily be adjusted to make your argument work for you. In reality it just shows how much you've played the game and enjoy it.

Average people think in cents, not sense.

That's not the point and another of your many cop outs, it's a give part to the game that when you purchase expect it to work as advertised. If everyone like you that comes here to defend PD and not hold them up to the standard they say they work at, I'd hate to see where the game would stand.

I prefer to think positive, that's why I offered a simple solution so the OP would feel less ripped off.

It's got a thread of its own with many people having this issue, just because you have it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It also means it doesn't always happen to everyone.

Correct, there are numerous threads covering these issues.

I do neither of them but I don't feel ripped off, I do play Battlefield though. I never buy one year games like Need for Speed, COD or FIFA. I love Gran Turismo because it is a multiple-year-game with good physics, graphics and nice online features. Also PD launches proper updates. I really love GT6, I think the gameplay is better than GT5; you're more toured around te features and the career. I have loved GT6 since I played it for the first time (december the 5th).
I have I lot of fun for the 50 euros I got it for. (With pre-order bonusses!)

Not really, I'm sure the game has many more hours in it for me but I do seem to come across things posted here at GTP about faults within the game or I stumble across stuff myself while playing the game that dissappoint me, I do feel the game was released to soon and that it's only part finished. I could feel better if I felt PD actually had some interaction with the customer via forums etc in dealing with issues etc but that doesn't seem to happen.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. Nobody forced me to put money on the counter. Buying a game is always a bet (I bet it will be awesome...) unless you are not willing to wait to read first reviews or watch first gameplays.

Yes i feel ripped off!!

Game feels worse thn g5, there is just so many downfalls its untrue, they have made it worse in my oppinion. it feels like a step backwards to me. Fed up of games been sold when there half arsed finished. Dlc just dont cut the beef as by the time its released i will hav probably traded gt6 by then out of lack of content to keep me interested.

Its a very small majority these days but i feel for those who dont hav and cant get broadband, as there stuck with the unfinnished off the shelf version of games!

Don't get me wrong, some of the game is done well. The physics feel really solid despite still having pre-historic setup adjustment options, some of them still believed to be backwards from what they should be and still no tire pressure adjustments. But a lot of the game is unfinished. There are a lot of bugs and glitches (I.E. Aftermarket wheels putting slimmer tires on the rear for cars that have wider rear tires.) I'm constantly being booted out of rooms, a similar issue I had in GT5 despite having done everything I can to amend the issue. I have to make sure that I'm in the main menu for at least 5 seconds before I attempt to quit the game or shut my PS3 of so that I don't get a triple beep and then have to go through a system restore. Surely that can't be good on the PS3.

So far, it feels like I just paid $60 to beta test a major update to GT5. And after GT5's extremely dissapointing launch and empty promises I'm losing more faith in PD.

About the underlined bold part: It's all about you, you have an issue with your connection. If you use wifi, this is the problem. Connect the PS3 with the cable instead.

About the italic part: when you are in the main menu after doing a race or purchasing a car, you must wait some seconds because the game is auto-saving your game data... Just be a little bit patient... its only a few seconds :sly:

Brilliant! You just extended the old "doctor it hurts when I do this, well then don't do this" joke.
"Doctor it hurts when I do this, well then don't do this and besides it doesn't hurt for me".

Too bad that in a later post you try to explain your joke.

Jimipitbull, the Tokoturismo of GT6.

Hey now @TokoTurismo isn't a bad guy I don't agree with him on his point of view for GT nor do I care for his points, but he's a nice guy at least. He isn't one of these apologist that just go lalalalala because logic isn't a pill they can swallow. Other than that great post.

Average people think in cents, not sense.

Ah what a quip, or at least I'm sure that's what you thought, still as it stands you grabbed an arbitrary number from thin air, twisted it to fit your math as if it's some proof that varifies your play time actually made up the difference. I mean the idea would work if you actually were physically given the $2 for per hour as suggested, but you weren't. The reciprocal argument can be made and that is, some one who doesn't like it feels they lost or wasted money in the time spent because it's familiar or didn't achieve the objective they thought they were getting as advertised.

I prefer to think positive, that's why I offered a simple solution so the OP would feel less ripped off.

That's not a positive... That's a kick the can down the road and ignore type solution because you cant formulate a justifiable reason for the actions of PD. Fans of both groups should stop doing it really, if a group screws up why not call it for what it is rather?

Correct, there are numerous threads covering these issues.

Yes I'm glad you've given me verification for an existent thread after I already said it exist. Though there was context to what I was saying that you purposely ignored.

The people who feel ripped off with GT6 obviously don't play COD or FIFA!!

I didn't know that was the paragon to what it is to be ripped off. I guess if it doesn't fit that mold you suggest, then people can't possibly be ripped off. It's funny that you use games like these that aren't in the same genre.

Last edited:
No I don't feel ripped off at all. But I say this with the expectation of continued updates over the next few months.

Yes, I have almost finished the all too short career mode, but having said that I have only used a few cars. I will go back, and pick a few of the more interesting challenges and use a different car. There are definitely at least 200 cars that I really want to try ...

I have yet to really explore photomode, have just started to build up a nice collection of paint chips, and yet to try out arcade mode (I doubt that I'll find the challenges that I'd really like - hoping for a event creation tool)

I've had 4 new cars gifted, and a garage of a few others which haven't been touched. And I'm anticipating DLC cars and tracks. I am looking forward to regular seasonal events, and to earn loads of credits to fund tuning/customisation and more cars for my garage.

New photomode locations, and new features, along with the above will keep me entertained for some time to come. I definitely got value for money from GT5, and expect GT6 to be even more enjoyable. For me, it has got off to a much better start!

No.
Gran turismo,1200 cars,30 tracks,loads of races with more cars,races,and features to get added - probably 50+ hours - 60$

Ryse,generic action game in Rome - 4 hours - 60$

You can whine what you want,but you get your money's worth with GT6.

Why would you call it a rip-off? Considering the premise you mention it’s not like you hadn’t the opportunity to make a thoughtful decision about buying the game or not. PD didn’t hide the fact some features would not make it on day one, they made it very clear. I’m not annoyed by the fact GT has since its debut on PS3 adopted a “work in progress” approach, with a continuous effort from the dev team to raise their game with fine tune engine updates, free addition of features and close to weekly new events.

Inevitably, at some point they will need to charge you a something if they want to remain active in the business. Since they have not (yet?) embraced a subscription based economic model, they chose to sell you a boxed - your quote - “major update”, and with the arrival of the next-gen hardware this was clearly their last opportunity to do so on the PS3.

Thanks to game stats, I’m only 26,6 hours in as far as iteration 6 is concerned. That’s a 2,25€/hour of entertainment so far with plenty more to go; I’d call that a bargain. Some moments of pure joy:D:drool::cool:, and a few :mad:🤬:banghead: what were they thinking moments; this is a GT game after all, and one that will benefit from future updates for sure:)👍.

Last edited:
No I don't.

Partly because I expected the game to be buggy, flawed and unfinished.
Also, it turned out to be not as bad as I thought.

And let's face it; many of us are GT junkies, we'd play the game if there were actual vacum cleaners going around the track!

Back