Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
Ripped off? No. However, that doesn't mean I'll just let things slide.. tires should no get skinnier if you put custom rims on, constant freezing should no be happening, etc.
I have only had my game freeze twice so far or maybe 3 times. Once was loading after an update, once was before the first mini update maybe but unsure if it froze or just seemed to freeze and once this morning in test drive.

There seems to be an issue in test drive. I was going to test drive the rocket on Tsukuba, I selected the track but when it loaded I was on Monza. I backed out to make sure I selected the right track and the cursor was over Tsukuba so I tried again and the game froze up right away before the little GT flag waves on the screen.

Last edited:
Ugh.

I must have the perfect environment and game. My PS3 never freezes, the game never freezes, I don't have problems with sound or video, my cars drive fine (I just stink) and I love the game. I never lost my game save or cars (mostly because I never chea, I mean glitched the game). Must be just my copy.

Ripped off?

untitle.JPG

Just play online... why anyone plays career mode aside from getting money is beyond me. Just wish they did a better job with private rooms and online options but it's incredibly improved over gt5. The online competition and clean racers seems really good at the moment.

I don't understand all the online drag racing though...seems every other room is drag racing. Not my cup of tea but why they don't have a drag strip track in the game is beyond me. They have flippin nitrous and no drag track?

Just play online... why anyone plays career mode aside from getting money is beyond me. Just wish they did a better job with private rooms and online options but it's incredibly improved over gt5. The online competition and clean racers seems really good at the moment.

That doesn't just magically fix things. Sorry.

While there are some valid criticisms to be made of GT6, feeling ripped off because you cannot alter tyre pressures (as the original poster did) is silly. That's what's called a design decision and an eminently sensible one by Polyphony.

I feel ripped off. It's been 2 weeks and the game is now sitting in my ps3 while I play other games on other consoles. The things that matter to me are still unfixed and overall this games feels like a GT5 with a $60 DLC.

Im pretty new to GT games, started on 4, but ive realised over the last two, GT is the only game that evolves over its life span. Just like Spec II did for 5, updates and additions will make 6 so much better.

About the underlined bold part: It's all about you, you have an issue with your connection. If you use wifi, this is the problem. Connect the PS3 with the cable instead.

About the italic part: when you are in the main menu after doing a race or purchasing a car, you must wait some seconds because the game is auto-saving your game data... Just be a little bit patient... its only a few seconds :sly:

I don't know exactly what my connection issue is, but I randomly get disconnection issues from GT's online rooms, not PSN or my internet connection going down. I've done everything from clearing the network cache in the settings to buying a new quality router and modem, and as far as having the internet company come to my house to try and resolve the issue. So I think it's fair to say it's not me, when I have no problems with other games.

I don't know if you missed what I typed earlier in regards to my online issues in GT. First of all, my gaming rig is a level below my router and I'm not going to run a massive ethernet cable from my living room, through my dining room, down the stairs, and across my rec room just to get GT online to cooperate. Yes I run wireless, with 100% signal strength. My rig sits almost directly below where my router sits. I have no issues getting booted from rooms with ANY other online game. I stand by my statement that the issue is not on my end, but PD/GT.

Edit: I also want to point out that I've been playing Gran Turismo since the first GT. I criticize GT as hard as I do because I am one of its biggest fans and I will continue to play GT6 through its life.

I created this thread to discuss GT6 being incomplete at launch with some pretty bad bugs/glitches (with all the threads here at GTP as my basis), as was GT5, and how people either feel they have or haven't been cheated/ripped off/gipped/ whatever you want to call it and how, if at all, that has contributed to the sales of GT6 thus far.

Last edited:
I don't know if you missed what I typed earlier in regards to my online issues in GT. First of all, my gaming rig is a level below my router and I'm not going to run a massive ethernet cable from my living room, through my dining room, down the stairs, and across my rec room just to get GT online to cooperate. Yes I run wireless, with 100% signal strength. My rig sits almost directly below where my router sits. I have no issues getting booted from rooms with ANY other online game. I stand by my statement that the issue is not on my end, but PD/GT.
hmm so why would you need to run a "massive ethernet cable through multiple rooms and down the stairs? Sounds like running a short cable through the floor would do just fine.

Another option that works just fine is to get a wireless repeater with wired ports. I am using one with GT6 and my online experience has been flawless thus far aside from being disconnected from PSN from time to time which is to be expected, happens no matter what game or no game and also happens with Xbox live whether hard wired to the router or through the repeater.

Edit: I also want to point out that I've been playing Gran Turismo since the first GT. I criticize GT as hard as I do because I am one of its biggest fans and I will continue to play GT6 through its life.

I created this thread to discuss GT6 being incomplete at launch with some pretty bad bugs/glitches (with all the threads here at GTP as my basis), as was GT5, and how people either feel they have or haven't been cheated/ripped off/gipped/ whatever you want to call it and how, if at all, that has contributed to the sales of GT6 thus far.

I have not saw any "bad bugs/glitches" in the game, a few minor ones yes, nothing that makes the game unplayable.
We all knew [or at least those of us that paid attention] that the game was going to be lacking some of the content at release and content would be added over the coming months in the form of periodic updates.

I paid $29 for Shift 2 and felt ripped off as I hated the driving mechanics of it and stopped playing within 2 hours. Horizon I felt a bit ripped off but I should have known I would not like it after playing the demo so I can only blame myself for that one. Still $60 good about 4 hours of playing time on it then returned it for $20 credit. Gt6 $60 already around 80 hours of playing time about 6 of that racing with friends online and had no real issues with it. In fact i have rather enjoyed myself the entire 80 hours so it has already been worth the price and then some and with the coming updates I can see myself playing this through the winter and beyond.

The other options would be to do without any new racing game for now or spend $1000 or so to play Forza 5 which is definitely not worth it.

hmm so why would you need to run a "massive ethernet cable through multiple rooms and down the stairs? Sounds like running a short cable through the floor would do just fine.

Another option that works just fine is to get a wireless repeater with wired ports. I am using one with GT6 and my online experience has been flawless thus far aside from being disconnected from PSN from time to time which is to be expected, happens no matter what game or no game and also happens with Xbox live whether hard wired to the router or through the repeater.

Sorry, but I have no issues with any other games. It shouldn't be a requirement for me to have to spend extra money on a long ethernet cable, or wireless repeaters, or have to go through the hassle of drilling holes in floors that I don't want there nor need to be there. It's just unreasonable.

Im pretty new to GT games, started on 4, but ive realised over the last two, GT is the only game that evolves over its life span. Just like Spec II did for 5, updates and additions will make 6 so much better.

It only does that because GT5 was the first true game of the series to meet the online front of GT. They tried and failed to implement it with GT4 it was just too troublesome. GT isn't the only game it's the era gaming is in and how easy it is to patch and add the allow games to evolve for the better or not.

I actually like the scope of the game. I mean sure more is always better but I think its fine how it is. I'm glad I can knock out most of the career pretty quick. With DLC who knows where the game will go.

Sorry, but I have no issues with any other games. It shouldn't be a requirement for me to have to spend extra money on a long ethernet cable, or wireless repeaters, or have to go through the hassle of drilling holes in floors that I don't want there nor need to be there. It's just unreasonable.
No you should not have to buy any special equipment, yet in my experience I am not having any issues with GT6 that I have not had with every other online game. In fact so far I have had less issues with Gt6 than with most other games. Then again the only issues I get with most games are caused by dropping PSN or Live connection and of course Forza quite often has issues with the online servers where the leader boards, store fronts and community features are not available but that one is on them and everyone has that problem.

Most likely if you are experiencing a problem that others are not then the problem is on your end

Racing sims transmit lots of info and the better your connection the better handling of the car.

You can buy adapters in pairs that plug into your power supply and run the network through that. So your router just needs to be near a wall socket on one floor and your PS3 next to one on another floor. You lose little speed and it's reliable with no drop out.

GT5 was the worst game regarding online connection i experienced so far. Like @LVracerGT says; no other game had that many connectivity problems. At first i had my PS3 connected via WIFI and i tried everything even opening up ports in the router settings etcetera, but it was to no avail until i actually wired it directly to the router just so i could play GT5 without loosing the connection every 5 minutes...

I guess for GT6 it's the same story all over again.

I feel the opposite. Im at the point where there are too many cars to choose. I can only drive one at a time and there are so many colours, wheels and models. Large choice of tracks and events. Also I started taking more photos. And there are MORE updates to come. Not enough hours in my day.

GT5 was the worst game regarding online connection i experienced so far. Like @LVracerGT says; no other game had that many connectivity problems. At first i had my PS3 connected via WIFI and i tried everything even opening up ports in the router settings etcetera, but it was to no avail until i actually wired it directly to the router just so i could play GT5 without loosing the connection every 5 minutes...

Funny because while GT6 is better online, GT5 wasn't that bad for me and that was full room NASCAR, Cart or Drift sessions. Sure we got the occasional car sliding around and Warping around the track.

Funny because while GT6 is better online, GT5 wasn't that bad for me and that was full room NASCAR, Cart or Drift sessions. Sure we got the occasional car sliding around and Warping around the track.
I didn't even make it that far, many times i lost connection just booting up the game itself, which often lead it to getting stuck also whilst loading up.

It only does that because GT5 was the first true game of the series to meet the online front of GT. They tried and failed to implement it with GT4 it was just too troublesome. GT isn't the only game it's the era gaming is in and how easy it is to patch and add the allow games to evolve for the better or not.
I ment free changes, not many games if any offer that. Most are big pay bonus content, GTA4 was expensive for another career mode but GT5 seemed to add more for nothing.

I ment free changes, not many games if any offer that. Most are big pay bonus content, GTA4 was expensive for another career mode but GT5 seemed to add more for nothing.

What are you talking about exactly? I own and have owned many games that give away free content or patch the games when issues arise or to implement new systems. It's the gaming era we live in. The best game I have and had for giving away free content is the pokemon series.

No offence, but if you connect the PS3 via an ethernet cable and it works fine (so you could 'play longer than 5 minutes'), then it's your wireless connection that is at fault and not the game. If it was the game, then you would have trouble regardless of the internet connection type (wired/wireless), wouldn't you?

I don't feel ripped off, but I feel this game is not really GT6, more like the final iteration of GT5. In fact, I'd rather call it GT5.5. They could've just sold it as an "15th anniversary expansion pack" sort of thing that overhauled GT5 completely.

I was one of those who felt ripped off on day on and to a degree i still feel its an unfinished game rushed through by sony.

However with each patch the physics have gotten better on most cars (Some are still bad) and the glitches and crashes seem to be resolved.

Looking at the future it could be very interesting with the addition of vision,course maker and who knows what else.

Have i got my money's worth yes i have played offline and online mode bought my beloved GT500 race cars and had a laugh with friends online.

Could it be better yes a lot better but hey im a cup half full kind of guy lets see if they fill the other half !

$60 for a beta that is only 50% complete, crashes and causes data loss. Yep, I do feel a bit ripped off.

A game should be at least 90% finished and all major bugs should be fixed before it is release. A game shouldn't cause your device to crash or lose your data. I have very little tolerance when it comes incomplete buggy programs.

The game is also like GT5 and is a dead end game. Since the game has no event generator that pays decently your going to be stuck grinding career mode with no log in bonus once the servers are shut down. Both games will be coasters in the near future.

I'm hoping the lawsuit against EA over Battlefield 4 will help change how future games are released.

Back