Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
Don't get me wrong, some of the game is done well. The physics feel really solid despite still having pre-historic setup adjustment options, some of them still believed to be backwards from what they should be and still no tire pressure adjustments. But a lot of the game is unfinished. There are a lot of bugs and glitches (I.E. Aftermarket wheels putting slimmer tires on the rear for cars that have wider rear tires. fixed) I'm constantly being booted out of rooms, a similar issue I had in GT5 despite having done everything I can to amend the issue. I have to make sure that I'm in the main menu for at least 5 seconds before I attempt to quit the game or shut my PS3 of so that I don't get a triple beep and then have to go through a system restore. Surely that can't be good on the PS3.

So far, it feels like I just paid $60 to beta test a major update to GT5. And after GT5's extremely dissapointing launch and empty promises I'm losing more faith in PD.

Edit: I'm including the post I made last night to the OP.

I'm only playing GT6 when I absolutely need my driving fix from now on, and crossing my fingers ProjectCARS comes out on PS4 really soon. Just tried to do a few races online in a lobby with a bunch of fast regulars. We got ONE race in, in the time span of an hour and a half. First the game locked up for 4 people and we had to leave and missed qualifying. Then qualifying went back to practice and gave everyone credits (instead of going to the race like it's supposed to). We finally get the race started, qualifying order is completely wrong, then 3 guys got put in last place from the bug on Ascari not counting laps if you go off.

Second race attempt, we switched to Grand Valley East Reverse. The race never even got underway, we tried to qualify twice. Both times it shot us straight back to practice and never started the race. Everyone got fed up and left.

PD has some SERIOUS issues they need to work out, this game is beta at MOST. I downloaded a free to play shooter beta on my PS4 that has less bugs than GT6. Brand new game on a brand new console. With the budget PD has from Sony and the time they've had to develop for the PS3 there's no excuse or reason GT6 should be this freaking bad.

GT6: missing features, the features that are there are flawed, sales numbers suck and now the price is $20 cheaper. I was going to say the physics are about the only thing done right, but with AI doing stoppies and cars rolling over for no reason other than cornering I'm not conviced that's done right either.

Charging full price for a beta? Rip off, period.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, some of the game is done well. The physics feel really solid despite still having pre-historic setup adjustment options, some of them still believed to be backwards from what they should be and still no tire pressure adjustments. But a lot of the game is unfinished. There are a lot of bugs and glitches (I.E. Aftermarket wheels putting slimmer tires on the rear for cars that have wider rear tires.) I'm constantly being booted out of rooms, a similar issue I had in GT5 despite having done everything I can to amend the issue. I have to make sure that I'm in the main menu for at least 5 seconds before I attempt to quit the game or shut my PS3 of so that I don't get a triple beep and then have to go through a system restore. Surely that can't be good on the PS3.

So far, it feels like I just paid $60 to beta test a major update to GT5. And after GT5's extremely dissapointing launch and empty promises I'm losing more faith in PD.

Holy crap! You get this too? I thought I was the only one.

Yes.
I've been limiting myself to only 1-2hrs of GT6 per day because I know that once I finish Career events, GT6 will pretty much be done for me. Just like with GT5, the updates and all the promised cool stuff will come after my hype for GT6 wears off and it will be too late.

Holy crap! You get this too? I thought I was the only one.
That's because the game is probably trying to auto save.

yeah I get that shut off problem too, but I never do the system restore and all has been fine. Also do you play online? I have gotten more then $60 worth of online play in 2 days, but if you only play A-spec I can see how some people are mad.

Not yet. The game just came out. I'm sure it still has at least a year worth of updates that will make it better. Although I haven't had any freezing problems or triple beeping at all. the only glitch that annoys me is the tire width glitch, and when the sound goes away. Maybe some of you always rush it in the menus, or when shutting off your PS3.

yeah I get that shut off problem too, but I never do the system restore and all has been fine. Also do you play online? I have gotten more then $60 worth of online play in 2 days, but if you only play A-spec I can see how some people are mad.

Hmm. Honestly, I love the game's career mode. I was afraid that it would really suck because of what people were saying about it, but I must admit it's one of the best "A-Spec" I've seen since GT4. But that's just me. I don't know why.

The only thing I feel is missing is car prizes, and the ability to win them again.

I think its a bit too early for judgement.
Should have a better idea two or thee months down the road.
By then, we should have enough updates and DLC to see what its all about...
...as well as what the true costs of the game with, and without DLC will be.

And at this point (6K Mi Logged/50% completion) I do not feel AT ALL that I have been ripped off.

I predict the online component that has yet to be fully implemented in the game is where it will really shine.

Like GT5, the career mode is just a tool for the newcomers to get acquainted with the basics, the real action will be racing with your peers.

Last edited:
Not yet. The game just came out. I'm sure it still has at least a year worth of updates that will make it better.

Hmm. Honestly, I love the game's career mode. I was afraid that it would really suck because of what people were saying about it, but I must admit it's one of the best "A-Spec" I've seen since GT4. But that's just me. I don't know why.

The only thing I feel is missing is car prizes, and the ability to win them again.
For me this game is only online. I haven't been able to play A-spec since GT5. To me it's so boring compared to what you find online. Then you have the tuning side and the battles you find with only real people. I will never go back to playing AI. It's like FPS or fighting games... The AI will never be as good as playing real people. I just keep on reading how people complain about this game and then never give online a real try with good competitors. It's like trying to judge a restaurants hamburger while only eating the bun.

Played 30 hours so far, $60 cost. That's $2 an hour so far. No, I don't feel ripped off.

- PD doesn't boot you from online rooms. Either the host doesn't like you, or your internet connection is the glitch.
- Aftermarket wheel issues? Try the stock ones.
- No triple beeps on my PS3

Well I know others besides myself are experiencing triple beep issues, otherwise I don't think there would be an entire thread about it. I don't know exactly what my connection issue is, but I randomly get disconnection issues from GT's online rooms, not PSN or my internet connection going down. I've done everything from clearing the network cache in the settings to buying a new quality router and modem, and as far as having the internet company come to my house to try and resolve the issue. So I think it's fair to say it's not me, when I have no problems with other games.

As for your aftermarket wheels comment, really dude? There's two separate threads with discussions going on about the aftermarket wheel flaw. It's a feature that was built into the game, I shouldn't have to avoid putting ANY aftermarket wheels on because of a pretty bad glitch concerning cars with wider rear tires.

For me this game is only online. I haven't been able to play A-spec since GT5. To me it's so boring compared to what you find online. Then you have the tuning side and the battles you find with only real people. I will never go back to playing AI. It's like FPS or fighting games... The AI will never be as good as playing real people. I just keep on reading how people complain about this game and then never give online a real try with good competitors. It's like trying to judge a restaurants hamburger while only eating the bun.

I've played online games quite a few times, including GT5 and GT6 but I don't find the appeal of it. Maybe it's because I enjoy different cars than the rest, and I don't like tuning. Or is it because I simply don't like interacting with people. That's all. To each its own, I guess.

Im not beeing ripped off!

Not yet. The game just came out. I'm sure it still has at least a year worth of updates that will make it better. Although I haven't had any freezing problems or triple beeping at all. the only glitch that annoys me is the tire width glitch, and when the sound goes away. Maybe some of you always rush it in the menus, or when shutting off your PS3.

So true about the games Career mode! But once you've been there for a while it will get a bit boring becouse of the AI and chase the rabbit thing! To me, the game really begins when Im at 100%, and thats online!

Im not beeing ripped off!

So true about the games Career mode! But once you've been there for a while it will get a bit boring becouse of the AI and chase the rabbit thing! To me, the game really begins when Im at 100%, and thats online!

Well, it could be worse. It could be like GT5's career mode. That one was awful. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm just starting the I-A events.

Well, it could be worse. It could be like GT5's career mode. That one was awful. So far I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm just starting the I-A events.

Yeah thats what Im saying! I love the Career mode, it feels so much better then many of the GT series! Im at Ia and theres some good races there but like I said, it kinda does get boring becouse of the rolling start with the chase the rabbit ish.. Best race so far was 15min race at AH with a stock Megane Trophy '11, with a win of 0.1xx seconds.

Also, the AI is much better then in GT5 but theyre not great.. A propper setup would be with all cars even, without them not slowing down (nearly stops for a coffe) in every single turn, grid start and qualifier! I really misslike that theres a pack of cars thats kinda equal to each other and 1-2 are boosting off like theyre another league. 20 second head start.. chase the rabbit :(

I don't feel like I have. And I only buy, what, 1 game a year anyway? So $60 a year for games isn't hard on my wallet, so I don't feel like I got ripped off. Physics are fantastic as usual, league racing is just getting started, lots of content coming in the next year or so. I've had no freezes or anything either.

I just keep on reading how people complain about this game and then never give online a real try with good competitors. It's like trying to judge a restaurants hamburger while only eating the bun.

Well, online isn't the end all be all for everyone. I like a mix of both offline and online depending on the game. I'm personally waiting for Quick Match to be added in an update before even touching online. From what I hear, Open Lobby is a mess right now and I hate having to waste time hunting down an online race there. And I honestly feel a little ripped off that QM isn't in the game to begin with. It's one of my most anticipated features of GT6.

I do wonder how many people spent the last few months making jabs about GT5.5, and are now expressing disappointment about the product that they ended up buying after all. Me? I don't own GT6, and won't until I'm convinced that it's worth getting, if I ever am.

It just makes me laugh when I see eternal pessimism pre-release suddenly becoming optimism upon release, then returning to pessimism post-release.

I just keep on reading how people complain about this game and then never give online a real try with good competitors. It's like trying to judge a restaurants hamburger while only eating the meat.

FTFY....

Same here. After playing this game every single day for the last 18 days it already got boring. I really like the physics, but yet again it lacks the visual customization, which is an important factor to me. Most of the cars have the exact same bodykit available to you as in GT5 and nothing else. Not to mention about their choices in what car to semi-premiumize. I just hope the future updates will make it more fun for me.

PS. Everytime I look at the supra in this game, it makes me want to sell it. :/

Considering we got a lovely update a meager couple weeks after release i have very high expectations.

i've gotten more out of this game so far than most.

First I did, got a bit better now.

The begin is really awful (Tutorial, Fit), races are dull and always follow the same scheme.
AI is just FUBAR, difficult is way to easy (license/missions/goodwood/online events)

Stopped playing it for a few days because it would have needed a awful lot of grinding in stupid races because payouts where so low and there are no useful prize cars.

Is a lot better now with the increased payouts and bonus, you get money to buy different cars and this allows to work around the AI slowdown a bit, and to make progress in career without to much grinding.

In terms of content, we knew all along that the game would be released in an unifinished state. However, when the game remains broken for more than two weeks then I do feel that I purchased the game too early. Time will tell whether I will feel ripped off but right now I can't enjoy it due to the body rigidity bug.

Absolutely not, If like Prologue & GT5, I will easily get another two years
of game play. I only purchase a couple games a year. Not uncommon for me
to spend $60.00 dollars in a weekend, so I’m getting more bang for a buck
with the game. This is so early to right this game off, with the upcoming
updates that will add the Course Maker, B-Spec & possibly improvements
to the AI. At this point in time it’s hard to predict what updates & DLC
will do to the future of this game. Since Prologue the games have become
dynamic ever improving physics with each update, evolving into something
hopefully better, but a dismal future can't be predicted at this moment in time.

Back