Anyone else feel ripped off?

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 744 comments
2 months later, not a single features promised. Features (50%) we never knew weren't part of the shipping game until 2 weeks before release.

We paid $60 on day one, now the game is widely available for under $40. Still no feature updates.

The last announcements prior to release were features not in the game... How many of you have a scion FR-S? (Rhetorical question) but it doesn't mater as it's not in the game either.

After a few hours you realize there is no racing.

All updates this far are minor patches to obvious flaws (easily caught before release and still many exist) and marketing BS for anyone other than the core gaming audience.

I think 'ripped off' is a bit strong, deceived? Most definitely. None of the prelaunch announcements are were consistent with the product we are all 'interacting with' today. And that's an unarguable fact.

But I'm genuinely envious of those that can see beyond all this and find GT 6 to have exceeded their expectations.

Picked up my reserve copy Feb. 2, two months behind everyone. Blasted through the career mode, with some online in between. Got the S license yesterday to finally get to the S Class events and I get to race 24 minutes of Le Mans for my effort?! Put in a lot of work to race 24 minutes of Le Mans....really....C'MON KAZ WTF?!?!

Love the season events. Hope they get better than what is available...........

The good thing is the cars perform a lot better and small changes can be felt. Inputs through the wheel are improved. Online is pretty good too. A more user friendly menu. The starting 15th Anniversary cars a pretty beastly so you don't have to worry about not having enough credits to tune or purchase better cars.

I miss the GT5 grind already :-(

Last edited:
You don't feel ripped off, you're just bored...
That's the same thing he told me too with Dirt 3 (except ripped off). So if that's the case, it's all on him being bored of the game and should've known better what he was buying. LV how about you use your "imaginenation" like your buddy told me? :sly:

You don't feel ripped off, you're just bored...

Nothing but a troll post.

That's the same thing he told me too with Dirt 3 (except ripped off). So if that's the case, it's all on him being bored of the game and should've known better what he was buying. LV how about you use your "imaginenation" like your buddy told me? :sly:

I'm not bored at all, I'm frustrated with PD as are a lot of other people, and if you've read any of this thread it wouldn't be hard to figure that out. But thanks for coming here just to try and flame me for something that happened on another thread.

Gt6 is dead ...

"Slightly Mad Studios & My.com are proud to announce World of Speed – a free-to-compete AAA massively multiplayer online action-racing game which introduces a new level of connected competition to the racing genre.
Developed by the award-winning team at Slightly Mad Studios, World of Speed allows players to hop into the driver seat of their favorite cars and race across real world circuits and tracks carved from the streets of real world cities including London, Monaco and Moscow.

World of Speed introduces a new level of connected competition allowing players to team up and compete in an ever-expanding number of gameplay modes where completing team-based objectives determines the victor. Being the first to cross the finish line no longer guarantees your victory; it’s all about the Team! Players can also team up with friends and other players to form Clubs where they can customize their logos, earn access to a Club garage social hub, compete against other clubs, show off in the Airfield Playground and battle in high-stakes races in Territory Wars.

With Slightly Mad Studios behind the wheels World of Speed takes action-styled racing games into a new era by combining AAA HD graphics and visuals with the thrill and intensity of a massively multiplayer online competitive experience. In World of Speed you’ll be able to download the game, log in and compete in all levels of competition without ever spending a penny!

Designed as an evolving online experience, World of Speed will be supported with regular updates and the addition of new cars, tracks, gameplay modes and much more for years to come! Over the coming weeks and months we will reveal more about World of Speed including how you can sign up to participate in the beta so be sure to come back often to stay on top of the latest news and info."

Gt6 is dead ...

"Slightly Mad Studios & My.com are proud to announce World of Speed – a free-to-compete AAA massively multiplayer online action-racing game which introduces a new level of connected competition to the racing genre.
Developed by the award-winning team at Slightly Mad Studios, World of Speed allows players to hop into the driver seat of their favorite cars and race across real world circuits and tracks carved from the streets of real world cities including London, Monaco and Moscow.

World of Speed introduces a new level of connected competition allowing players to team up and compete in an ever-expanding number of gameplay modes where completing team-based objectives determines the victor. Being the first to cross the finish line no longer guarantees your victory; it’s all about the Team! Players can also team up with friends and other players to form Clubs where they can customize their logos, earn access to a Club garage social hub, compete against other clubs, show off in the Airfield Playground and battle in high-stakes races in Territory Wars.

With Slightly Mad Studios behind the wheels World of Speed takes action-styled racing games into a new era by combining AAA HD graphics and visuals with the thrill and intensity of a massively multiplayer online competitive experience. In World of Speed you’ll be able to download the game, log in and compete in all levels of competition without ever spending a penny!

Designed as an evolving online experience, World of Speed will be supported with regular updates and the addition of new cars, tracks, gameplay modes and much more for years to come! Over the coming weeks and months we will reveal more about World of Speed including how you can sign up to participate in the beta so be sure to come back often to stay on top of the latest news and info."

Is this just a Autolog like feature? If so, why are you assuming this will kill GT6? What is wrong with you people...

Gt6 is dead ...

Guess this is a trend for more than just GT6.

Well I read that "GT6 killer", and apparently its a "free to play" spin off of pCARS. Seriously? What a waste of dev time, but of course, it's "SMS" after all.

It is just a FREE game with more features than GT6 so yes GT6 have a serious problem.
YESS A FREE GAME ;)
But that's a waste of dev time for pCARS. Why not just make pCARS into a free online game. I'll play it instead of paying for it. :sly:

Yess maybe , but you can't be disappointed by a free game and everything is better when it's free ;) .
We'll just have to wait and see what they do with it. In most cases a FREE game is not better because FREE HOLY JESUS ITS FREE OH MY GOD.

Look at Dust 514.

Personally, I prefer to just buy a full game, have it all there, rather than possibly end up paying more money for less content overall. I don't think any one game could kill GT, but GT could end up killing itself..

Gt6 is dead ...

Interesting, but I don't think that will kill GT. It might hurt them if it's good enough however.

First, it's free and team based. Judging by the youtube trailer it looks as if it might play like NFS (arcade physics) which is fine for that kind of game. In that aspect it won't hurt GT.

Second, it doesn't say if it's coming out for any consoles. So if it's jut PC that's another reason it won't hurt GT.

On the off chance it shares physics with pCARS and gets released on PSN for PS3/PS4 then that could be a potential blow to GT.

Gt6 is dead ...

I agree that GT6 is on it's way out, but I think Project Cars may be what finally kills it. World Of Speed looks like a Drive Club copy cat game, not a serious sim.

PD needs to forget about vision gt cars and give us more modern race cars on a regular monthly basis. They need to hire more people who specifically create cars. Nobody cares about street cars. If this game was all race cars it would be amazing.

PD needs to forget about vision gt cars and give us more modern race cars on a regular monthly basis. They need to hire more people who specifically create cars. Nobody cares about street cars. If this game was all race cars it would be amazing.

We need the features on the box which were omitted before we start worrying about DLC cars, literally like 60+% of the game has been left out... No Course creator, No B-spec, no community feature, Broken online races, Severe lack of setting options in arcade.. Not to mention a slew of bugs that need addressing.

Also, I Strictly race Street cars, when you say Generalizations like Nobody likes X feature, or X type of cars your usually setting yourself up for failure... I dont care for cars covered in sponsor stickers. Remember its a Driving Simulator, not a Race Car Game...

Back